• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Shitty UG Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthas172

Community Member
hi,

i did last night around 20 UG runs on challenging.

Every f_king time i got a 204 Weapon.....

I mean WTF is this ????

Im GS239, UG level 20, all my weapons are GS229......

Did this sound familiar?

supercat

Fashion Recon
That's Division...

Reward doesn't give you equally or better than what you have in order to beat the challenge.

Look at Incursion. LOL. Finished Hard 'Clear Sky' with GS 230+ players, got shredded like julian salad only to get a few items mixed of 204, 214, 240.

I wonder what games Massive are actually basing their idea on.

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Yep heroic for 226.  Adding phases to challenge mode has been said to hive a better chance of next tier loot but i have not seen it in reality.

Heroic is not much of a step up from challenging in the underground and i dont bother with challenging at all now.  I matchmake and win some / loose some.  Always get 226 and 268 though.  Not saying they are any good and a lot of times will be as bad or worse than ok 204 rolls.

Hazman

Community Agent
Ya, the loot system seems to be for players that run the missions 20 to 30 times and might get one or two good gear/gun items.  As for the rest we just don't get good gear to advance.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
What's everyone's impressions on this now? UG Hard and Challenging for me are still only dropping 182 gear score loot!! I even ran Challenge Story missions last night and still got 182 loot .. gear score I'm running with is 231 so I'm really confused, I should be getting AT LEAST 204 shouldn't I?

I was a week ago, no problem... I went in and was getting 204 gear mostly. However, since the latest micro patch which also destroyed my G36 DPS even more (and wasn't announced)...I've been only getting 182 gear items and by only...I mean only, there seems no variation in it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Hmm, that is disappointing.  I only run Heroic now for 229 / 268 gear so have no real experience of how the lower tiers drop.

It is also very poor to hear the G36 has been nerf'd again.  I went back to using an M1A 229 I found which was pretty good (41.1k base damage) but it is all over the place, even modded with 'ok' mods for stability etc.  I went back to my SVD 229 (28.xk base damage) and it feels so much better.  Interesting both have the about the same DPS with similar talents on them which is really strange considering the massive base damage and RoF the M1A has over the SVD.  I suspect some M1A extra nerfing has been going on as well.  The stability is probably pronounced as I tend to use a 15x scope rather than no-scope for long range shots.

RimBlock

Wat? Is this for real??

My G36 was the most useful AR and it's the most useless AR and gun in my backpack now. Suddenly it's going to get nerfed again??
I was commenting on the info from @quinch1199 in the post above mine.  I have no first hand info on this  :12_slight_smile: .

quinch1199

Wat? Is this for real??

My G36 was the most useful AR and it's the most useless AR and gun in my backpack now. Suddenly it's going to get nerfed again??
Yes, the G36 appears to have been stealth nerf'd at least twice since the 15% damage reduction based purely on in-game value calculations not just on UI "DPS" display. The 15% was obvious and easily verifiable but since then two more distinct reductions in damage output have occurred since giving another 15% reduction in damage on my Enhanced G36C (DPS 85k to 75k after 15% reduction then down to 64k subsequently).

Damage changes verified using crit damage rolls in the Range facility. 

Maximus

Community Agent
RNG my friend. RNG. ?
There is no RNG.   I have played to many hours to know that drops are not random.    I get the same loot "type" over and over.   I have yet to get showstopper even tho I have ran about 10-15 heroics missions a day since 1.3.   I get the same guns over and over.   I got into DZ5 and DZ6 and I get the same 229 guns over and over.   I get 229 LMGs, 229 sawed-off or double barrel shotgun, or the 229 Custom 870.    I get the same 229 AR's as well and no 229 G36.  I've gotten about five 268 Nomads.   Why give me the same gear over and over?   It's not random.   The game have pre-sets and it's stupid to have that in a loot based game.    When u get bored farming DZ5 and DZ6 you know the game is getting old.   

I'm even going rogue now just for fun, regardless if they have a yellow bag or not and I don't even want their gear.   The game has gotten extremely redundant and I feel as though I'm not even playing for gear anymore because I know I'm going to get some bullish.

quinch1199

Ok. Update.

I’m finding the RNG very … non-RNG now. Remember I had a 48hr period of getting absolutely nothing except 182 gear score drops?

Past 48hrs its been nothing but 204 drops. This includes HVT where I would usually expect ONLY 182 drops … as in the two low dailies.

I am not sure what’s going on at all but it’s starting to appear like a deliberately set sequence rather than pure RNG. I would expect at least half drops to be differing scores.

This seems to only apply to HE gear however, blue etc still varies but obviously these are down in the 89 score range anyway but all HE gear AND GEAR SET ITEMS are of the same score.

To note that I’ve not amended or changed my load out at all in the past week. I am not playing exhaustive hours (3hrs a night perhaps).

I have saved an Underground Cache from the past 24hrs to open tomorrow…with a deliberate aim to report back what it gives me.

quinch1199

*UPDATE*

Underground cache that I was saving I opened last night. Bare in mind I hadn’t altered my build or gained any gear items since I obtained it that were of any higher value.

I got a 268 Gear Piece (FireCrest vest)

So, that appears to be a steady increase over a number of days in gear score items being received from my caches BUT I was still getting only 182 / 191 drops from missions during the evening.

gilth_the_wolf

the only time I get anything higher than 204 in UG is when I level up (I am level 12 atm) and open a UG cache. I heard that you have to use 4 modifiers (directive intel) to get something good. not sure if that is the case, I did it with 2 last night, still low stuff.

its cool cause its a little different and trickier with modifiers, but like anything else...grind, grind, grind : /

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
hi,

i did last night around 20 UG runs on challenging.

Every f_king time i got a 204 Weapon.....

I mean WTF is this ????

Im GS239, UG level 20, all my weapons are GS229......

Did this sound familiar?
UG caches go by.your gs. So suit up in your highest when you are about to open them

Directives are more the rewards than gs.

1 directive - an item

2 directive - a weapon

3 directive - gear

4 directive - weapon and gear

5 directives - 2 gear and weapon.

Each addtional phase has better chance gear. So you can get high gs in a lower mode that way.

But you have to complete all to get the exp.

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
My question is on the directive gear. Is the increase in directives also an increase in quality of loot? If you do a five directive run on hard will you have a chance(albeit a small one) at a random piece of 240 set gear for example? If that's the case then that might be an answer for some of the people who are complaining about the lack of loot dropping, which I don't understand myself. Do a hard mode mission then go into the underground and do a hard mode. The hard mode loot is comparable to the old world challenge loot and better than the hard mode loot easily. I get 182 weapons out of hard mode underground and 161 from old school content. Neither are something I would use in all likelihood, but the gear in underground seems to be inherently better than everything else outside of the dark zone on a per difficulty basis.  

Now on the g36. I do enjoy this rifle despite the apparent nerfs, but is there something else that is going to better than that? All things being equal of course. I used to run with a black market ak-47 way back, which was great, but the bullet spread and stability were a nightmare when I tried it again recently. I want to use a marksman rifle but I just haven't gotten a good one, which really sucks because I have seen some very impressive dps put out my someone with a good marksman rifle. Makes me a little jealous.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
My main has a 204 tactical mk16 with vicious/brutal/destructive and I've yet to find something I like more.  If I can find 2 more AB pieces I'll equip my 204 LVOA-C with swift/deadly/fierce and then I'll run my mk with 6 talents and wreck things.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements