• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC screen goes all strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticyuki

every time it start the game i cant play because its does this and i'm not sure how to fix it any suggestions 

IMG_20200322_201334427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
This is a GPU error, if it was your monitor, it would be doing this in other places.  I have had it once and a while.
OK, does this happen in other situations (other games, non-games?)

What is your system? (MB, CPU, GPU, memory, etc.)

Are you completely up to date on drivers - all drivers not just GPU.

If  you're up to date on drivers, I would suspect the GPU has bad stuff (memory, clock, stuff).

sorry - GPUs can be very expensive.

...gene

arcticyuki

This is a GPU error, if it was your monitor, it would be doing this in other places.  I have had it once and a while.
OK, does this happen in other situations (other games, non-games?)

What is your system? (MB, CPU, GPU, memory, etc.)

Are you completely up to date on drivers - all drivers not just GPU.

If  you're up to date on drivers, I would suspect the GPU has bad stuff (memory, clock, stuff).

sorry - GPUs can be very expensive.

...gene
msi z390

i7 9700k

msi rtx 2060

corsair 16gb 3200

all drivers up to date

if i move the game window onto my other screen it goes back to normal

IMG_20200322_201351952.jpg

genedjr

Community Elite
OK, wow - can I assume you are running 1080p/60Hz?

This feels like a mis-match framerate for the monitor, like the 2060 is pushing something other than 60Hz (or what the monitor is expecting).

I run two monitors as well, windowed.  Full screen pushes all the content from main monitor (where game is playing) to the secondary monitor.

Have you tried windowed on the main monitor?

...gene

genedjr

Community Elite
As I look back at the first image, I assume the window is the game.  It's really weird that a window would impact the whole screen.
What brands are the monitors are you using?  Are either (both) G-Sync/Freesync?

Have you tried change the graphics settings in the game to see if anything helps?  Like just set to low and see what happens vs changing single settings?

...gene

arcticyuki

As I look back at the first image, I assume the window is the game.  It's really weird that a window would impact the whole screen.
What brands are the monitors are you using?  Are either (both) G-Sync/Freesync?

Have you tried change the graphics settings in the game to see if anything helps?  Like just set to low and see what happens vs changing single settings?

...gene
both acer one is just a 1080p monitor my main is a 4k freesync.

tried low med high windowed fullscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements