• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Good loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazman

Community Agent
Has anybody seen the loot change yet since the 28th maintenance?!  Seems to be the same to me. but that could just be me.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Underground loot has changed.  I got 1 piece of Sentries Call from there.  It is still heavily weighted for Firecrest and Blind though.

zsozso1026

Community Agent
From underground dropped all sorts of gear but unfortunately the max score was 214! I got only from the supply drop gear with 240 score!

Disapointed by the gear score drops

supercat

Fashion Recon
From underground dropped all sorts of gear but unfortunately the max score was 214! I got only from the supply drop gear with 240 score!

At this rate, you should just be glad those aren't GS 089 and 191! lol

Addihul

Community Agent
Yes the Underground now drops all sets and all weapons. However, the random chests you find still only drop green 1.3 gear.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine

I wonder if the drops look at your GS, like the Underground level rewards do.  

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
Well, supposedly also the phases have something to do with it. What, I don't know. I don't know if there is maybe a difficulty spike for each phase with better loot or what, so who knows. Maybe it's just the increased chance at loot. Either way, I think this is a much more balanced loot than most everything else. You seem to get better drops in a challenging than you would running another normal instance on heroic, or at worst the same quality. I enjoy it so far. I do wonder how the experience scaling for each level works. I hit rank 13 last night and starting to slow down a bit. I'm curious how much of an affect doing a two or three phase operation will help. 

If you were/are getting 214 drops then you must have been running it on hard, which to me is very easy to do. If you get 214 out of hard that's a gift in my opinion.  Challenging is much, much more difficult and drops 240. Not a huge gain for the difficultly spike in my opinion, but I am trying to hit max level so I can (hopefully) buy some better blueprints. I am curious to see how the firecrest and blind sets do in pve builds. Most likely would not do them in pvp. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
With Underground the drop level and type depends on various things

- Difficulty (this is the main barrier - Hard will generally only get you 182-248 drops on a scaling RNG % down (high % of 182, very low % for 248).

- Gear Score of the player (higher the more likely you get higher drops)

- How many phases

- How many AND WHAT TYPE of Directives (weapons or gear)

If you know how to manipulate things by building the mission (dungeon) the way you want you have a good % chance to influence the type and Gear Score of items dropped from Bosses and received in caches.

To confirm, ALL types of gear items drop within Underground now as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
One thing I love about D3 and other looting games is that, even on the lowest difficulty settings, you have a chance of getting something great.  You might have to play the same rift/dungeon/mission a hundred times, but there's always a chance.  It makes the grind feel worthwhile.  If I knew there was a chance of 268 gear dropping in a Normal playthrough of Madison Field Hospital (even if it's a one in ten thousand snowball's chance in hell), every game would feel worth it.

But here, until I get to those Heroic Incursions apparently, I'm not getting to where I want to be. Ever.

ProphetReborn

Community Agent
I wouldn't say you are never getting where you want to be. That's what underground is aiming to change. There is a chance of dropping the next tier of loot in any given instance, so you can get 268 gear from challenging. Is it difficult? Sure. Get a good group and you could run two or three in a row maybe. You never know, you might get lucky. Plus it will have a chance at dropping 229 weapons. I don't know about weapons, but the chests could also drop 268 set gear. Challenging to me is for above average players, but it's not that bad. The only reason I don't run more of it is because I was trying to rank up. Experience vs difficulty was in favor of running hard mode for grinding. I feel like there is more gear than ever, and underground can drop anything. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements