• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Falcon Lost: The only guide you need for hard or challenge (legit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I should have put this up a while back, but I assumed that people could learn most of this within a few days/runs/tries. I was horrendously wrong. Pugging this run this morning has lead me to see how badly this walkthrough is required. I'm deeply sorry I didn't post this sooner. You can complete challenge or hard mode using the described method, though be warned...enemies on challenge will curb stomp you if given even a second to do so. Do MANY runs of hard mode before attempting challenge. I don't glitch, I don't exploit, I don't hack, don't expect any in this walkthrough. We're doing it right or not at all.

Lets gets some basics out of the way first:

• Bring. A. Microphone. Doesn't matter if it's crappy. This is endgame content, you need to communicate. One came with your system if you're on console, and likely one is built into your comp if you're on pc. If not, you spent $60 (or 30ish if preowned) on a game, you can spend another 10-20 on amazon for one that works, or 30-40 for one that works well. There's literally no reason for you to be silent in the run, and myself and others are beginning to lose patience with it...you'll likely be removed from group if you can't be bothered to communicate.
  • Now that you have a microphone, adjust it's settings and location. No one wants to hear you breathe. No one wants to hear your music blaring away over all other speech. Microphone volume too low or too loud is just as bad. Depending on your choice of mics, you may need to enable push to talk if your mic doesn't filter out non-voice sounds. You'll only have to do this once, take the time...it doesn't help you or your squad to bring a mic that needs to be muted.
  • The minimum gear score to enter is 140, though the game will allow some to slip through at lower levels. Don't listen to the game. Players at the recommended 160 gear score most often need to be carried through, and the carriers hate you for that. Still wearing ANY purples? Stay out. There's vanilla challenge mode runs that are right up your alley to gear up. Most players are kicking others for having less than 170 gear score, with some only running with 180+. If you can't be bothered to gear up for endgame, we can't be bothered to carry you.
  • Health lower than 60k? Please go die elsewhere. Armor under 40-45% mitigation? See "health under 60k". Other stats of any level can be worked with, though obviously the higher the better. We need you on your feet and fighting, and these guys hit HARD.
  • During the fight, the APC boss will intermittently launch a mortar or missiles at you. Both of these have a distinctive sound, and a large red circle on their impact area. Even if you're somehow built to survive such a hit, pretend you can't and run away, as quickly as possible. They will kill you, and not to downed, but to dead. Being dead (or even downed) ANYWHERE but under a grate (info coming) will likely get your reviver killed, and bring your run to an end.
  • At least one (1) (uno) (eins) (un) (odin) (ekab) (wahed) player must be under a grate (info coming) at all times. If everyone dies, your run starts over from wave 1, but if only three or less die, you have a chance to save the run.
Ok, moving on.

The entrance tunnel is just a warm up, you can literally just run by the enemies present and continue on to the meat of the run if you desire, or take 30 seconds and waste them. Your call, but better to start playing safe now and not develop bad habits.

Once you reach the ropes going up, ascend and stop there. Let your team all arrive, and move as a unit from here on out. Restock if necessary.

Once the window blows, JUMP DOWN. Don't wait and kill enemies, don't fix your build, don't select a new grenade type. You had literal hours/days in game to get that stuff set up...get in the main room NOW.

Once you're down, move to the right and up the stairs, using the generator area cover to kill most of the initial wave, especially the shotgunners (who will gleefully run up the same stairs you did and bottleneck). Refer to pic below (for this specifically, but also for any other location references), sorry for it's size, but I'm sure you can get it:

falcon%20map_zpsdlvxg3uq.jpg

Once the shotgunners are dealt with, remove any obstacles to reaching the trench (that bar in the center of the pic), then move as a group quickly into the trench (I can't believe I have to specify this, but NOT on top of the trench, INSIDE it). Restock if necessary.

You are now inside your home, and it's time to become agoraphobic (fear the outside world). Unless you are grabbing the bomb dropped by an enemy or placing it (more on those soon), you.do.not.leave.your.home...ever. We will count the stairs descending down on both sides as part of your home, but those are scary places that can hurt and defile you, respect them as such. If you must go onto the stairs, do so quickly, do what you need to do, then get back down just as quickly. The two ends of the trench are covered in mortar/bullet/grenade/everything proof grates (I know, I know, but it works in this universe, don't argue), while the middle is open. Use the grates to your advantage, and use the middle sparingly, as the mortar can find it.

Every non-APC enemy can be killed from your home. It may take creative shooting angles, use of skills or grenades, or whatever, but it can be done.

Now we sit in our home, usually two agents on each end of the trench, and kill whatever we can see. Be mindful of red circles, and exit them as quickly as possible. This means drop whatever you're doing and get out of it. One shot left to kill an enemy? Stop shooting and get out of the circle first. Reviving a teammate? Leave him and save you. Patience wins this run, not stubbornness.

You've seen drones in the entrance tunnel, but you'll see more now, as their own wave and as a component of other waves. Kill them quickly, as they tend to stun you, leading to problems.

Remember those microphones I may have mentioned to bring before? When you see even one shotgunner, YELL IT INTO THE MICROPHONE. When you hear somebody yell about shotgunners, get under a grate, drop any healing stations you have, pop a pulse, pop security link, pop anything survival-ish or increase-in-damage-ish...this is apocalyptic nuclear shit hitting the turbo-charged helicarrier-sized fan, behave and react accordingly. These guys are the biggest threat to finishing the run. Stuns, guns, melee, explosions, turrets, angry wet cats, whatever, just make them dead, and keep you and your squad alive. There is a pattern to their appearance, but I'd rather you communicate their arrival than bet on a pattern. A few times running the place will let you learn that on your own.

On the 5th, 10th, and 15th round (I think, the 10th may be 1 off in either direction, but I'm fairly certain), an enemy will appear highlighted by a yellow diamond over his head. He is carrying a bomb. You want the bomb. You do not want the bomb bad enough to run out of your home to get it (unless you absolutely HAVE to. One of the carriers will likely appear on an upper catwalk and refuse to come down. If you MUST go to him, DO NOT go alone, take a friend along for support and cover). Let him come close to your home, then kill him and get your most resilient (highest health, highest armor, etc) squad mate to take his bomb. Whittle the remainder of the wave down to 4 enemies, with none left on the left side between you and the APC boss/the upper left hand room. Once only 4 are left, and a path is cleared, the bomb carrier and another player run to the upper left hand room, while the remaining two players stay safe under the grates. Once the runners are there, the not-bomb carrier locates the turret control panel on the wall closest to the APC (you've seen turret control panels, they're rectangular with one large light and buttons) and shuts it off, while the bomb carrier immediately runs to the rear of the APC, places the bomb, and gets back to the small room, all as fast as possible. Not-bomb-carrier-guy should have his face pressed into the turret control, and shut it down again the moment it reactivates. Once the bomb is placed, and the turret is shut off again, run back home and under a grate, because it's time for a missile barrage. (note: security link is a wonderful thing to have here, as you're only shutting down one turret. Their hits hurt pretty bad, and they give you a small but repeatable stun too boot. As with all other parts of this run, be as cautious and safe as possible at all times...long runs can still lead to a win, but dying hurts your odds greatly.)

The waves will intensify in both number of enemies and enemy strength as time goes on, eventually including snipers, grenadiers, drones, shotgunners, LMG heavies, and all other manner of enemy type (also including elites). The plan does not change. Kill/damage what you see, retreat to safety, repeat. Stay.in.your.home.

On the completion of the third bomb run, the run should end in a cacaphony of explosions and death sounds. Stay safe at home until the "cleared" message/sound comes up. All enemies "should" be wiped out in the final blast, but this game likes to surprise people with unintended mechanics. Stay safe until you KNOW it's safe.

Grats, you won! Do your squad mates a favor and trade or drop anything you won't use...you're only giving up a tiny bit of crafting materials, don't be stingy.

Some notes:

• Enemies can run down the stairs into your home, or drop into the open middle. ALWAYS be aware of whats in your home, and don't get stuck fixated on distant enemies. I've seen runs slaughtered by one smg-wielding purple douchebag because no one saw him drop in. This goes double for shotgunners. Being in the trench means you only need to look left, right, and up for enemies...it only takes a second to glance around.
  • Revive stations under a grate are just the best thing ever. One under each grate may induce orgasms. They do not need to be immensely powerful on the heal; any heal is a good heal, and the revive works at no skill power at all
  • Pulse is almost necessary here, as sight lines will be limited, however no more than two players need have it. Just as with revive stations, no skill power is necessary, you're using this for the locating/tagging ability first and foremost.
  • If you can't hit an enemy because he's too far away, or behind cover, throw a grenade on the opposite side of him and force him to run away in the direction you want.
  • The left end/stair of the trench is the most dangerous side, as it's the closest to the APC boss and open to turret fire. Put your toughest squadies there. The right side/stair is far more forgiving. Pulling yourself up in the open middle can be done, but you won't last long...use this only to grab a bomb dropped right next to it, and immediately drop back down.
  • Again, the key is patience. Working methodically and safely from your home, you should pull this run off with no problem. If you choose to go rambo or hide elsewhere on the map, you're taking your life, and the run, into your hands. Your hands aren't as amazing as you think they are, I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addihul

Community Agent
Really good stuff here. I'll add a few things our normal teams typically finds beneficial. I typically run with a crew that are all DPS heavy with about 10-25K SP. If we ran with a challenge mode healer & buffer build.. this would look very different. However for hard modes:

Everyone runs overheal, two run pulse, one smart cover, and one revive med pack. We all camp in that right area that you noted in your pic. One person is on left stairs duty, one on right door and right stairs, the rest 2 are snipers or long range assault rifle. Everyone stays together except during the bomb plant and explosion phase.

The key difference is the final wave. We win every single time with near 100% success rate. In the final round, we all 4 have survivor link ready. In a 15 second queue, we pop it one by one and rush down from our perch directly to the upper North West room. We have a total of 60 seconds of survivor link, which gives us plenty of time to get the bomb in place and to camp in the room mowing down enemies until the time runs out. The final round becomes a joke. Everyone moves together and cleans up trash as they move in place. See the attached pic.

Final Round.JPG

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
we've been moving from the trench to that spot just before shotgunner waves on challenge. Having them all come from one way with focused fire is a lot better when some of the squad doesn't have the burn to down them in a clip, but the angles other enemies get on us from other waves is also greatly increased, so we run into the hole after they're down.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I'm going to have to use some of this guide for challenging, I have yet to even attempt but I've heard it tough. The camp the generators tactics works pretty well from my experience. Sending one guy to plant the bomb worked pretty well to. Pops survivor link and tanks the turret damage. Anyway you've worked pretty hard on this so I'm going to pin it.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I'm going to have to use some of this guide for challenging, I have yet to even attempt but I've heard it tough. The camp the generators tactics works pretty well from my experience. Sending one guy to plant the bomb worked pretty well to. Pops survivor link and tanks the turret damage. Anyway you've worked pretty hard on this so I'm going to pin it.
The shotgunners make challenge hell. The rest of it is exactly what you'd expect, but when you have 80k+ health and and 65% mits, and one of them one-shots you, you can smell the brimstone (the next time your group is going to run hard mode, dip into challenge first. There's two shotgunners in the opening area/hallway/sewer, let one hit you lol). Also, consider doing bomb runs with three, with one on each turret switch, when possible/safe.

Generator camping works well for many, I just don't like having to worry about the mortars/drones/grenades on top of everything else. I find I can coax random players even in lower gear into a win (on hard, dear god make a group for challenge) if we eliminate as much danger as possible.

03k64

Community Agent
I have yet to try Incursion but I've been reading this thread over and over in preparation for my attempt.  Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Addihul

Community Agent
Challenging Mode: List of Tips

I'm posting my comments to add more tips and general advice as it belongs in this sticky thread. I moved it from another post. Note: This is what works for our clan teams and may be wholly different than how you have had success.

I've found that at this time, the pit method is by far the most overall reliable method for performing the challenging mode incursion. We have tried a number of different strategies (generators, 2 man split teams, 3 pit / 1 generator) and we always fall back on the pit. Boring? Not at all. It still takes a lot of coordination, communication, and precise timing. The pits natural defenses win out on most occasions.

I team lead a number of successful challenging mode incursion runs every night with my clan and due to the fact that people rotate out on a regular basis, the pit method is by far the most consistent 'clear' spot. Note I'm not arguing it is the best/fastest, I am saying it has proven to be the most consistently cleared spot. Some may decide to graduate to one of the other strategies above if they find themselves with a permanent team of highly skilled, geared, dedicated, and well coordinated people. Some great folks on this forum have posted other informational threads about the incursions that people may want to reference as well.

There are a few absolutely vital components to CM incursions that I hold true to regardless of what strategy you employ.

• Survivor link rotations (yes rotations) MUST be setup and expected on the shotgun rounds. Designated people should be assigned and a designated leader to call out when the next needs to be popped. This can not be left to 'whoever has it up'. Unorganized link rotations = frustrated dead people and hours of wasted attempts. This is my absolute number one piece of advice. If you don't read anything, read this. Well planned out and verbally directed survivor link rotations will win or lose this incursion.
  • Pillbox (Immunizer) Med Stations on 2 people spread out on the long/short (left/right) sides of the pit. If you are at the generators, then they should cover all 4 team members with slight overlap over the ammo cache in mid. This mitigates the shock drones and shotgun explosions, of course adding minor heal. During drone rounds, one pillbox at a time is dropped dead center. Wait till one times out before dropping the next
  • Don't cross over the mid open grate during sniper rounds unless you are hugging the walls, dodge rolling and/or are targeting snipers or drones. You can get one shot
  • Wait to rez players until ALL immediate threats are dealt with. If you do rez, hug walls and first verify that you are 100% out of line of sight
  • Communicate EVERY heal, downed player, who is rezzing, when mobs are ready to come down, etc. Demand your teammates are glued to their mics
  • Overhealers absolutely must watch peoples health. Suggested spots to drop them (after communicating you're dropping them) will be at the base of the stairs
  • One skill power build with perma pulse. Preferably a 4pc tactician wearer so they don't need to max 45k SP.. and can help with DPS. Note, tacticians 4pc will double the users skill power and it should be near max during all rounds.
  • Thin the herd of mobs on the left AND right sides in wave 15 before attempting to plant the bomb. The more mobs die the better chance at the plant. Some teams can ninja up right away and do this but it is extremely unlikely with PUGs or inexperienced teams. You have 2:30 to thin the mobs and plant (leave up two-three). Don't flip out. Take the time you need and clear them out. Almost none of the mobs will rush you in this round
Some optional mentions based on play style and/or best practice.

• One person running 4 pc sentry for mob tagging, the other 2 DPS can go pure DPS with no final measure pieces needed
  • Can swap out stickies with mobile cover and smart cover if you are employing the strat where 3 people camp the long mobile while 1 floats. We don't do this but it is an effective near guaranteed survival on shotgun waves with survivor link. Overkill IMO. We ran it for half a dozen missions and it was more hassle than it was worth
  • Do not ever poke your head out on either left or right side to take pot shots unless you are fully healed and have a medkit off of cool down
  • Wait to revive knocked down players until they have had the chance to crawl as far down the base of the stairs. This guarantees the rezzer is out of line of sight
  • Hold off till the very second that the drones rush mid before dropping your pillbox. It will ensure you get the maximum up-time while not wasting
  • During drone rounds, sticky flashes should be placed right in the middle at the top of the bridge in the open grate. It will ensure maximum radius. Do not target the drones themselves. If running 2 stickies, then spread them out over 10 seconds
  • When targeting drones in mid, take a few steps back or hug the wall while reloading to minimize your chance of getting hit
  • No need to fight the drones / NPCs at the very beginning of the mission. Take out (kill) the first 2 mobs after flashbanging, then sticky flash the drones and/or sig down the ladder
  • Pesky mobs who camp out by the generator door can be forced out of their position by running up the pit stairs and moving closer to the L, and then back down. Grenades do not typically work except to make them move briefly
  • Use a sticky flashbang on a mob that's in cover to force him out so you can commence headshot pwnage. Do this all the time to clear quicker
  • Two or three people MAX on rounds 4, 8, 11, and 15 to plant the bomb. One should always be in mid in case they die running back
  • When moving your team in place to plant the bomb / disarm the turrets, make sure one has Survivor Link in case something goes wrong
  • If you left mobs up and the bomb is on the right side.. get it and double back to the left room as it is way easier to get it planted without getting face rolled
  • Your lowest SP builds should champion the pillboxes (Immunizer Support Stations). Give the ammo cache to tactician build for skill regen and a bigger heal tick. Give overheal duties to those with 12k+ (preferably more) to guarantee a bigger top off
  • During rush rounds, ammo cache goes in the dead center. However when your team is on right (short) cleaning up trash on the stairs, drop it in the middle of the stairs to cover them. They can rez themselves if people are busy, and the heal tick is significant
  • Before re-attempting, make sure you revisit the safe house and cap off with your paramedic backpack to go in to the incursion with 7 medkits
  • If you spend the first round in the very first room, make sure your 4pc tac player switches to smart cover and that it is down permanently for that round. You also have 60 seconds to clear mobs and jump down before the APC mortar rotation starts

ThePassionateGamer

Community Agent
Challenging Mode: List of Tips

I'm posting my comments to add more tips and general advice as it belongs in this sticky thread. I moved it from another post. Note: This is what works for our clan teams and may be wholly different than how you have had success.

I've found that at this time, the pit method is by far the most overall reliable method for performing the challenging mode incursion. We have tried a number of different strategies (generators, 2 man split teams, 3 pit / 1 generator) and we always fall back on the pit. Boring? Not at all. It still takes a lot of coordination, communication, and precise timing. The pits natural defenses win out on most occasions.

I team lead a number of successful challenging mode incursion runs every night with my clan and due to the fact that people rotate out on a regular basis, the pit method is by far the most consistent 'clear' spot. Note I'm not arguing it is the best/fastest, I am saying it has proven to be the most consistently cleared spot. Some may decide to graduate to one of the other strategies above if they find themselves with a permanent team of highly skilled, geared, dedicated, and well coordinated people. Some great folks on this forum have posted other informational threads about the incursions that people may want to reference as well.

There are a few absolutely vital components to CM incursions that I hold true to regardless of what strategy you employ.

• Survivor link rotations (yes rotations) MUST be setup and expected on the shotgun rounds. Designated people should be assigned and a designated leader to call out when the next needs to be popped. This can not be left to 'whoever has it up'. Unorganized link rotations = frustrated dead people and hours of wasted attempts. This is my absolute number one piece of advice. If you don't read anything, read this. Well planned out and verbally directed survivor link rotations will win or lose this incursion.
  • Pillbox (Immunizer) Med Stations on 2 people spread out on the long/short (left/right) sides of the pit. If you are at the generators, then they should cover all 4 team members with slight overlap. This mitigates the shock drones and shotgun explosions, of course adding minor heal.
  • Don't cross over the mid open grate during sniper rounds unless you are hugging the walls, dodge rolling and/or are targeting snipers or drones. You can get one shot
  • Wait to rez players until ALL immediate threats are dealt with. If you do rez, hug walls and first verify that you are 100% out of line of sight
  • Communicate EVERY heal, downed player, who is rezzing, when mobs are ready to come down, etc. Demand your teammates are glued to their mics
  • Overhealers absolutely must watch peoples health. Suggested spots to drop them (after communicating you're dropping them) will be at the base of the stairs
  • One skill power build with perma pulse. Preferably a 4pc tactician wearer so they don't need to max 45k SP.. and can help with DPS. Note, tacticians 4pc will double the users skill power and it should be near max during all rounds.
  • Thin the herd of mobs on the left AND right sides in wave 15 before attempting to plant the bomb. The more mobs die the better chance at the plant. Some teams can ninja up right away and do this but it is extremely unlikely with PUGs or inexperienced teams. You have 2:30 to thin the mobs and plant (leave up two-three). Don't flip out. Take the time you need and clear them out. Almost none of the mobs will rush you in this round
Some optional mentions based on playstyle and/or best practice.

• Ammo cache dropped dead in the middle for both left and right teams to either top off their heal and help with skill recharges (get those sigs back to the ready). We do this. 2 immunizer (one on each side) and an ammo cache in middle, green circles covering the entire pit from left to right
  • Stacked 4pc Sentry DPS on at least 2 of your members for quicker tag team (and solo) mob takedown
  • Can swap out stickies with mobile cover and smart cover if you are employing the strat where 3 people camp the long mobile while 1 floats. We don't do this but it is an effective near guaranteed survival on shotgun waves with survivor link. Overkill IMO. We ran it for half a dozen missions and it was more hassle than it was worth
  • Do not ever poke your head out on either left or right side to take pot shots unless you are fully healed and have a medkit off of cool down
  • Wait to revive knocked down players until they have had the chance to crawl as far down the base of the stairs. This guarantees the rezzer is out of line of sight
  • One or two people MAX on rounds 4, 8, 11, and 15 to plant the bomb. One should always be in mid in case they die running back
  • Pop a survival link every single time the bomb is planted. If the normal bomb carriers survivor link is down, bring a buddy who has link up or have him run it solo. Best time to pop it is immediately after you disable the turret
  • If the bomb is on the right side.. get it and double back to the left room as it is way easier to get it planted without getting face rolled
  • Your lowest SP builds should champion the pillboxes. Ammo cache to tactician build. Give overheal duties to those with 12k+ (preferrably more) to guarantee a bigger top off
  • Before re-attempting, make sure you revisit the safe house and cap off with your paramedic backpack to go in to the incursion with 7 medkits
  • If you spend the first round in the very first room, make sure someone switches to smart cover and that it is down perma
Could you add some more Team-Build specific Infos? Things like Skill composition of the team. Roughly your DPS for the team members and the HP. How much incoming damage do lvl 34 enemies deal? You mention not to pop up until fully healed. Do you get almost one shot from everything? How long does one CM Incursion take your team for an average clear? I know this are quit a few questions, but since you say to clear CM Incursion daily you can understand my curiosity. I am still trying to establish a group for doing hard mod on a regular basis. I got one but we sadly do not mangage to be online together regulary.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Skill composition of the team.
we run 1 flashbang/1 turret (turret swaps to flashbang at round 10), 2 overdose first aid, immunizer station, ammo station, and the highest electronics player runs pulse and either a heal or smart cover. EVERYONE runs survival link.

Roughly your DPS for the team members and the HP.
Forget DPS, it lies, hard. If you can down an elite heavy gunner (not by weak points) in one mag...or at least get him close to down...you're fine. HP gets more comfortable the more you get over 75k.

How much incoming damage do lvl 34 enemies deal? Do you get one shot from everything?
Being hit for 15-20k is pretty common, with snipers and shotgunners able to one shot an 80k HP player easily. (Edit: this assumes 65% mitigation from your armor)

How long does one CM Incursion take your team for an average clear?
A good run (one that doesn't allow waves to respawn) would be 30-40 minutes, tops. Past that, it can be as long as you can survive.

ThePassionateGamer

Community Agent
Forget DPS, it lies, hard. If you can down an elite heavy gunner (not by weak points) in one mag...or at least get him close to down...you're fine.
Are we talking challenge mode level 32 heavy gunners here? Then I am fine with my current build. When inside a good SMG range I can down one with one mag iirc. What brings me to my next question, that I forgot to ask. How tough are those lvl. 34 enemies? Do you need way more bullets to kill them, like the difference from level 30 to level 32 enemies? Which scales for me from 2-3 enemies killed with one mag at lvl 30 to about 1-2 enemies per mag on a lvl 32 enemy depending on the enemy type of course.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Are we talking challenge mode level 32 heavy gunners here?
Yes. It'll take about the same effort/bullets to take down an average enemy in FLCM.

How tough are those lvl. 34 enemies? Do you need way more bullets to kill them, like the difference from level 30 to level 32 enemies? Which scales for me from 2-3 enemies killed with one mag at lvl 30 to about 1-2 enemies per mag on a lvl 32 enemy depending on the enemy type of course.
Again, yes. You won't be putting down more than 1 per mag, at least not without some quality team fire focus or a sig active.

HHHope

Community Veteran
Yup^ and don't forget about your consumables. It's all helpful 

At the en of the day. It's pretty easy with the right group. If you're prepared for the shotgun rounds it's hard to screw up. The most important thing is communication. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements