• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginja-Ninja

I recently purchased the Gold Edition of the game last Thursday., and other than the mouse lag and keyboard lag I am experiencing I really love the game.

The issue is intermittent and random but will get you killed when your player won't stop in a firefight or when your fire button sticks and empties a clip before you can get it to stop lol. FPS will not go above 47 - 57 even though sync every frame is turned off. Afterburner shows both cards working in crossfire and barely making them sweat. 

I am not having this issue with any other game I play. FPS, driving sims or flying sims.

My PC is completely up to date. That includes video, audio, mouse, keyboard, motherboard bios, driver and utilities as well as my legit copy of Win10. I will post my rig specs below.

I hope there is someone here who has experienced the same issues and has figured out a fix for it. 

Any help someone can give is greatly appreciated.

Tried these fixes already:

RE installed game, re installed board USB drivers,  set mouse and keyboard to run in compatibility mode in windows setting. Have reverted back to origonal settings do to none of the above working. 

I have not tried re installing windows due to no issues like the above in any other game I own.

I'm pretty sure I'm well above recommended components to play game.

I7 Gaming Rig Specs: Case: Coolermaster Haf X Power Supply: CORSAIR AXi series AX1200i Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core Heatsink: CORSAIR Hydro Series H90 Mem: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32G 2666 Mhz DDR4 Hard Drives: Corsair Neutron Series GTX CSSD-N240GB (OS) 2 Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1000DHTZ 1TB RAID 0 Video Cards: 2 XFX Black Edition Double Dissipation R9-290X-EDBD Monitors: 3 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG)  in Eyefinity

Madcats Keyboard (Red LED) USB

Knossos Zelman Mouse USBOperating System: Windows 10 64 Bit Photobucket Link http://s825.photobucket.com/user/kmcbride1970/library/New%20PC%20Build%202015

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
Sucks to have issues like that, especially with a nice rig like that :-/ and i have not noticed any of that kind of lag on my rig...

Its really strange about the FPS, as it should do a lot more, but they have had some issues with SLI/Crossfire, so that might be the issue. As for the other in-game lag, its hard to say what can cause this. Do you have any apps running in the background ? Have you tried with a different mouse and keyboard ? Have you tried disabling the crossfire ?

There is an update coming out next week, so they might fix a bunch of stuff then :)

Ginja-Ninja

@f3nn3x_nor

After disabling Crossfire it has corrected the issue completely. Thanks.

Hopefully the next update will correct this issue so that I will be able to utilize both of my video cards for an overall better gaming experience.

Thanks again for everyone why took the time to read this topic and a special thanks to f3nn3x_nor for replying.

sbfuse

I just made a post regarding similar issue. Its happening to a lot of people and I am noticing its happening at peak hours. Its not your rig, it is the servers causing this. The delay is really bad at some points making it not playable. Only happens with this game for me. I7 4770k 3.5  gtx970. Runs amazing till the rubberbanding starts.

Ginja-Ninja

Well I have recently updated the Drivers twice on my video cards as well as purchased the corsair K70 keyboard, M65 Pro Mouse and the Void Wireless headset.

Sad thing is.... None of that has fixed the issue. As long as I don't run my cards in crossfire i'm good. As soon as I add crossfire its intermittent lag.

Now in reference to sbfuse's comment, It doesn't matter what time of day, it still happens if I enable crossfire.

Its sad that most of the games on the market don't work more closely with the video card creators to maximize the gaming enjoyment of those who spend the coin to have the ultimate in gaming rigs. It is the nature of the beast I guess in the gaming world when the developers are porting from console to PC and don't want to or care to invest the time to really design a game to perform at its best with the high end users gaming rig profiles. Get rich with the least amount of work I guess is the name of the game now.

I will not spend the coin on a dual video card set up anymore due to the fact the investment to reward isn't worth it anymore.

With all the glitching/cheating issues the developers have to deal with in order to fix the game and equalize the playing field again, I don't see them caring nor having the time to address the similar issues I as well as others are having with this game.

The most frustrating thing is I can play my driving sims and shooters like BF4 at 150 + FPS and The Division at 45 to 50 on medium. Pretty sad in my book. But then again who am I but just an end user :)

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to read and respond to my post.

Last edited by a moderator:

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Well I have recently updated the Drivers twice on my video cards as well as purchased the corsair K70 keyboard, M65 Pro Mouse and the Void Wireless headset.

Sad thing is.... None of that has fixed the issue. As long as I don't run my cards in crossfire i'm good. As soon as I add crossfire its intermittent lag.

Now in reference to sbfuse's comment, It doesn't matter what time of day, it still happens if I enable crossfire.

Its sad that most of the games on the market don't work more closely with the video card creators to maximize the gaming enjoyment of those who spend the coin to have the ultimate in gaming rigs. It is the nature of the beast I guess in the gaming world when the developers are porting from console to PC and don't want to or care to invest the time to really design a game to perform at its best with the high end users gaming rig profiles. Get rich with the least amount of work I guess is the name of the game now.

I will not spend the coin on a dual video card set up anymore due to the fact the investment to reward isn't worth it anymore.

With all the glitching/cheating issues the developers have to deal with in order to fix the game and equalize the playing field again, I don't see them caring nor having the time to address the similar issues I as well as others are having with this game.

The most frustrating thing is I can play my driving sims and shooters like BF4 at 150 + FPS and The Division at 45 to 50 on medium. Pretty sad in my book. But then again who am I but just an end user :)

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to read and respond to my post.
You have to play on medium!? You have a much nicer rig than me and I play on high. That's nuts, they need to address this.

Superiorpen

Community Member
I have a feeling that this game simply does not like AMD users... I rarely see complaints from NVIDIA users unless it's relating to general server issues.

Ginja-Ninja

Yea I have noticed that but I'm not interested in getting a 980 TI or a TitanX when they are changing to a new die as well as architecture this year. I spent $650 each on my current cards lol.

I almost bought a new 980 TI but am holding off due to Nvidias claims that the new 16nm Pascal will give a 4X boost in Mixed precision performance, a 2X performance per watt, 2.7X memory capacity increase and 3X the overall bandwidth over the old Maxwell die. The over all claim is a theoretical overall performance increase 10X that of the current Maxwell cards on the market. So I cant justify wasting upwards of $650 on a 980TI when the estimated price point of the equivalent Pascal cards base at $650 up to $1,000.

I'm trying to be patient lol.....

Ginja-Ninja

Thanks Superiorpen. I'm trying lol.

If you dont mind me asking, what are your rig specs and did you get the ti or the standard?

What settings are you playing at and what is your FPS.

ESGN

Community Veteran
I believe the new cards drop in june, but am unsure when the high end Ti comes out. I am also waiting for the new cards.

Superiorpen

Community Member
Thanks Superiorpen. I'm trying lol.

If you dont mind me asking, what are your rig specs and did you get the ti or the standard?

What settings are you playing at and what is your FPS.
I got the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (SC Edition) installed alongside the i7-4790k, which I overclocked to 4.7GHz (Could've gone higher but I like to stay on the safe side). I have the standard 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM cards. I have all settings on max, and I'm running @ 1080p. When walking around I have 80-100 FPS, depending on the weather, and in heavy combat it drops to about 70, rarely dipping into 60.

Ginja-Ninja

Superiorpen:
Nice set up and FPS. 

ESGN:
I hope so... I'm chomping at the bit. We both know though that NVIDIA is going to milk the 900 Series Maxwell for all they can before letting the new cat out the bag. I was betting Nov for release and Dec/Jan for the TI series. That way people will have a  large selection and NVIDIA can get the most they can for the older cards. The are good at Maximizing their profits on older series before not selling anymore and saving remaining supply for RMA.

We shall see.

Thanks again 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements