• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Update 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazman

Community Agent
Well played a little of the 1.5 update.  I jumped up to world tier 5 and it is a bit harder.  First boss toasted me a couple times.  They are tougher and more aggressive.  Even so much so that they almost were outside the safehouse door.  I got some better gear and that helps a bit so I'll keep grinding.  So far I'm really enjoying the changes. I do a lot of free roaming solo which I can farm the different bosses around the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Unfortunately, I haven't jumped in to the new patch yet. I now have this insane lag since I updated the game and cannot seem to resolve it. Reading the patch notes though, I like that they finally (well, supposedly in my case) resolved the keyboard input latency when using skills. I would be in the middle of a firefight and I cannot deploy my damn Support Station to my team mate because of that. The lootable containers still being on the map after being opened has been fixed, which is another thing I started noticing.

Cannot wait to get my hands on the M700 and UMP. I wonder if the UMP will end up in the same boat as the Vector though?

Hazman

Community Agent
Which nasty did you go after first? I went to Bullet King and didn't suffer really.
I believe it was Fumes, had a bunch of shotgunners with him which they still carry a punch.  Had to change strategy to finally get him.  Funny thing was the third time coming out of the safehouse they followed me pretty much just outside of the door.  Caught me by surprise but I prevailed and got him.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I believe it was Fumes, had a bunch of shotgunners with him which they still carry a punch
Cleaner in the subways? He used to be extra nasty as he often wouldn't even spawn until you were right up on him!! I haven't tried him since 1.4.

Since 1.5 I've been starting at Bullet King (because ... all hail the Bullet King!) then over to Apollo, Jacks, Dorsman then I might skip to Chains if I have time. I don't think I've run any of the bosses on the West for ages. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
There's going to be a SotG today (11a EST/8a PST).  Hamish said the servers won't be going down today (yay) so that means probably no 1.5 for PS4 (boo) ??.  Per usual, no word on the content of the SotG, so possibly there will be word on when it will drop for PS4.  

Juliet Tango

Community Agent
I played 1.5 yesterday after being away from the game for 3 weeks due to work. I immediately jumped up to tier 5 straight away as I had found tier 4 not challenging enough once you're fully kitted out with 229 gear. I noticed a huge difference straight away even with the medium sized groups of standard non armoured npcs roaming the street. You have to play it tactical and use cover not like before where you could just stand there and take them down one at a time. I ran a few daily missions and a few mid range weekly HVTs and found that the HVTs were a lot tougher. The npcs were quite aggressive and on top of us a lot. Not sure if that was because 2 of us started it thinking others were not far behind and ended up running most of the mission with just 2 guys. I've managed to upgrade a few pieces to 256 so gonna slug it out a bit and upgrade more before I get a real feel for it but so far I think it feels pretty good in tier 5

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I The npcs were quite aggressive and on top of us a lot. Not sure if that was because 2 of us started it thinking others were not far behind and ended up running most of the mission with just 2 guys. 
Yeah, they are meant to be making ai smarter more tactical than simply increasing the time to kill. so, they'll rush in time, flank, and sometimes when you hit a cleaner's tank, he'll go kasakami , and make a run at you before exploding. Actually, I 've had cleaners do that to even my turret. 

Juliet Tango

Community Agent
Yeah, they are meant to be making ai smarter more tactical than simply increasing the time to kill. so, they'll rush in time, flank, and sometimes when you hit a cleaner's tank, he'll go kasakami , and make a run at you before exploding. Actually, I 've had cleaners do that to even my turret. 
I'm running with a G36C, 18K+dmg with destructive, focused and brutal and an MP5-ST, 17k+DMG with ferocious, responsive and brutal and extended mags on both giving 64 rounds on G36 and 67 on MP5. Only running with these at the minute as every time I get new weapons dropping they've got talents that I don't find particularly useful as i'm geared towards high DPS and armour destruction. Firearms is at 5500 so my primary DPS is around 345k and secondary around 270k and got a hybrid 3 piece sentry and 3 piece hunter as I used to find the headshot damage was pretty handy. I've been noticing that when running challenging missions and HVTs I can empty a full magazine of either weapon into an elite NPC and not take them down yet some guys can seem to cut them down no problem at all. Am I missing something as I have a high DPS build and weapon talents which should be making it quicker to take them down. Don't get me wrong i'm enjoying tier 5 being more of a challenge but sometimes being up close and personal and firing a whole 67 round magazine with ferocious, responsive and brutal just seems a tad difficult. Can anyone suggest any other weapons, weapon talents or gear I could try out for a high DPS build?

quinch1199

I'm running with a G36C, 18K+dmg with destructive, focused and brutal and an MP5-ST, 17k+DMG with ferocious, responsive and brutal and extended mags on both giving 64 rounds on G36 and 67 on MP5. Only running with these at the minute as every time I get new weapons dropping they've got talents that I don't find particularly useful as i'm geared towards high DPS and armour destruction. Firearms is at 5500 so my primary DPS is around 345k and secondary around 270k and got a hybrid 3 piece sentry and 3 piece hunter as I used to find the headshot damage was pretty handy. I've been noticing that when running challenging missions and HVTs I can empty a full magazine of either weapon into an elite NPC and not take them down yet some guys can seem to cut them down no problem at all. Am I missing something as I have a high DPS build and weapon talents which should be making it quicker to take them down. Don't get me wrong i'm enjoying tier 5 being more of a challenge but sometimes being up close and personal and firing a whole 67 round magazine with ferocious, responsive and brutal just seems a tad difficult. Can anyone suggest any other weapons, weapon talents or gear I could try out for a high DPS build?
I'd recommend having a look at all the High End gear that's dropping now. Also the FAMAS has great DPS if not fantastic accuracy.

Juliet Tango

Community Agent
I'd recommend having a look at all the High End gear that's dropping now. Also the FAMAS has great DPS if not fantastic accuracy.
That's with level 256 gear and weapons. I picked up a FAMAS earlier today but haven't used it yet as it's only got 15k dmg but a 900 rof. Will try it tomorrow and see how I get on. I've noticed that compared to my old g36 which had stability talent at 35% this new one which doesn't have it kicks like a mule, I could practically snipe with my old one. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
ARs like burst fire, and the famas likes even shorter bursts, as you said it kicks more. Just try it, and you'll melt ai at mid range faster. (You probably know, but note, the final talent with adding stability and accuracy mods for the famas. )

Take your DPS figure as a projection haha, not too literal. So adding stability and accuracy mods can increase the dps but really it may not matter depending in how you shoot and aim. And magazine size and reload speed will drive up dps but really it depends again how you use the weapon. Pve sustained damage over time is important. So mag and reload speed count. But maybe you need the weapon for fast kills, like pvp and maybe some pve. So then those mods aren't as important. You are then interested in base damage and rof. actually *always* compare your base damage and rof between weapons, dont get sucked into just the dps number.

The mods which are so so important are headshots and crit chance. Crit is good for smg and i think shotguns. Headshots the rest. But i imagine that's varies from peep to peep. Hopefully someone will disagree with me so you get more perspective.

Juliet Tango

Community Agent
Yeah I don't really use the DPS figure so don't know why I used it as an example but I'm hitting out decent DMG per round on both weapons with good rof and firearms is around 5500. The g36 is still pretty good from a distance although it's just harder to keep the rounds hitting the target without the added 35% stability talent. I've got the muzzle with 17% headshot damage, scope with 17.5% headshot damage(does that only apply when you're scoped in?), hand stop with 27% reload speed and extended mag with over 100% extended size and I think 4-5% extra rof. Looking forward to trying the famas tomorrow with these mods, only thing is the famas talents are not what I usually use. They're all aimed at skill based builds 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I personally prefer accuracy, CHD, CHC, reload speed, mag size and optimal range as my weapon mods.  I'm not the best shot so focusing on headshots super inflates my DPS numbers (because I don't hit with all the rounds) and kind of wastes mod slots.  

I'm a fan of the G35 & tactical MK16.  Both guns hit well and are pretty accurate.  I also like the LVOA-C, because it's more of a hybrid AR/SMG - faster ROF than most ARs and more fans FR than most SMGs.  It's great for when you close and need to spit a lot of lead really fast. 

quinch1199

Yeah I don't really use the DPS figure so don't know why I used it as an example but I'm hitting out decent DMG per round on both weapons with good rof and firearms is around 5500. The g36 is still pretty good from a distance although it's just harder to keep the rounds hitting the target without the added 35% stability talent. I've got the muzzle with 17% headshot damage, scope with 17.5% headshot damage(does that only apply when you're scoped in?), hand stop with 27% reload speed and extended mag with over 100% extended size and I think 4-5% extra rof. Looking forward to trying the famas tomorrow with these mods, only thing is the famas talents are not what I usually use. They're all aimed at skill based builds 
I did a little video on the FAMAS that might show you how it does as a 256GS weapon. Some pointers about what mods to add as its all about the special talent the AR has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrjYoS02K0

quinch1199

My experiment with exclusive High End Gear items might be coming to an end. I’m not sure but there’s something “missing” … whilst all the numbers seem to be adding up and comparing with Gear Set numbers the overall performance seems lacking somewhat. It’s unfortunate as my Electronics value is really providing the cover I need when in a group in my primary role as “Healer”. I will investigate in more details but the issue might be Damage Mitigation as I’m feeling significantly less tough even though the high level numbers seem better.

*Watch this Space for updates*

Juliet Tango

Community Agent
My experiment with exclusive High End Gear items might be coming to an end. I’m not sure but there’s something “missing” … whilst all the numbers seem to be adding up and comparing with Gear Set numbers the overall performance seems lacking somewhat. It’s unfortunate as my Electronics value is really providing the cover I need when in a group in my primary role as “Healer”. I will investigate in more details but the issue might be Damage Mitigation as I’m feeling significantly less tough even though the high level numbers seem better.

I did a little video on the FAMAS that might show you how it does as a 256GS weapon. Some pointers about what mods to add as its all about the special talent the AR has.

Dunno why it's quoted both your last two replies, sometimes my phone doesn't cooperate properly on these forum. I used the FAMAS this morning before I had read your reply with the video link which I'll check out in a bit when I get home. The FAMAS has a great rof but the kick is unreal. I really struggle with anything other than close range and that's with firing bursts. Just can't keep the rounds hitting the target at all. I managed to roll destructive onto it and it does a great job short range but overall I still prefer the g36 for my style of play. I haven't tried a LVOA-C yet as I haven't ever got one with suitable talents on it. 

With regards to the damage mitigation I feel the same. I have rolled armour onto every gear piece I can and as an added bonus onto every gear mod slot, 4000+ stamina yet still in challenging I get cut down pretty rapidly. Gonna try tinkering around with a few builds later to see what suits me best now. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
@Juliet Tango yeah, the quoting sometimes gets weird and once it does fixing i is worst lol. you mods seem good.

@DeadSockPuppet yeah, I don't have headshot on shotties for a similar reason. If I'm being rushed by shotgunners I don't want to die trying to aim for that headshot. smgs you can start bad and correct. shottie take longerto get a second chance (well depending on the shottie)

Last edited by a moderator:

Juliet Tango

Community Agent

Just watched this now and how is your weapon so stable? Which build are you running? I'm currently trying to put get some strikers gear for added 20% stability as my FAMAS is all the over the place compared to yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements