• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Story Mode or Dark Zone

When the game comes out, will you start in story mode or go straight to the Dark Zone?

• Story Mode (until I get some better gear and weapons.)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Dark Zone (I ain't scurred)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Dabble in both equally!

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentBitZ

Community Member
Will you start by playing the story mood, getting some better gear and leveling up a little bit or will you run straight to the Dark Zone and fight for the good stuff?

AgentBitZ

Community Member
I will help my friends who haven't played the alpha and beta get accustomed to the game. We will probably work the story mission a lot at first, getting gear and weapons and leveling up our base of operations (which I think is one of the most important things to get the skills you want.)  Then we will journey into the Dark Zone.  I want to play this game slowly and do everything.  I have waited a lot time for The Division as have a lot of us.  Last thing, I want to do is rush it and get game burnout in the first month because I rushed to do too many things at once. :)

SpookieCL

Community Veteran
I will most likely follow the story mode and do some freeroam first, see how big The Division's New York is. :p After completing a couple of missions, I'll give the Dark Zone a try. Always in group, though. Never alone unless I want to die :'(

sno pro23

Community Agent
Yup, always story mode first. I want that immersion into the game world that a good story provides. It helps to bond me with all the characters, especially being the one we control. Fingers crossed Ubisoft gives us a decent story with this game. Thinking about it now, if they have a story that's close to any of those Agent Origins film shorts that came out this week, we'll be in good shape.

Phenyx

Community Agent
Story mode with some DZ sprinkled in for variety. I want to know what's going, get a grip on my skills and talents, and then hit up the DZ.

Dat Boi Treezy

Community Member
Pretty much the same as you guys, Story mode with sprinkles of the DZ. I will try to get in the DZ early-ish though with a few friends as I'd want to try and level up and grab some good loot earlier on. Then I'll hopefully be able to hold my own quiet comfortably in the DZ when the majority of the agents begin to come in.

Destinaut

Community Member
Story. Definitely want get those skills up before walking into the DZ like a dirty pleb. Plus everyone knows the good cosmetic items are outside the DZ. 

BattleReady

Community Member
I will help my friends who haven't played the alpha and beta get accustomed to the game. We will probably work the story mission a lot at first, getting gear and weapons and leveling up our base of operations (which I think is one of the most important things to get the skills you want.)  Then we will journey into the Dark Zone.  I want to play this game slowly and do everything.  I have waited a lot time for The Division as have a lot of us.  Last thing, I want to do is rush it and get game burnout in the first month because I rushed to do too many things at once.
I will probably go both an even amount, but you are so right on the burnout. Draw out the content, play casual, have fun, meet cool people, screw with agents in the DZ and shoot things.Rush through it and this community might end up with the same problems the destiny community has run into about a month after every DLC...

Screaminpirate

I love the story too much to not spend a good amount of time just wondering around repeating missions to make sure I didn't miss anything the 1st time. Very excited about the DZ chests showing up more often though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements