• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Latest on 1.2 - Loot drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Sooooo.... the latest on 1.2 that has been reported (spotted first on an IGN update last night).

Quantity & Quality of Loot Drops is to INCREASE in 1.2!!

Ok...but stop me if I'm wrong but the current economy is broken because there is a glut of HE loot out there because the drop rate is 100%, so solution ... FURTHER INCREASE THAT AVAILABILITY?!?

Even I know enough about economics that if you have rampant inflation the best fix is NOT to print more and more money! Its the band-aid solution that fixes nothing but causes more problems.

I'm clinging onto this game, I want to play it and love playing it (so far)... I'm still really looking forward to expansions and exploring areas that aren't open yet (even though they're fully built like the USS Intrepid, but this is killing my gaming sense!! 

Thoughts anyone?

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Ahh, but maybe they are printing more money so everyone has a lot before devaluation  :10_wink: .  The GS240 is the new GS160..... maybe.

quinch1199

If the increase of drops is of lower score gear I'm not sure I see the point...and it still has the same "devaluing of the game/achievements" effect  :58_disappointed_relieved:

HHHope

Community Veteran
I see nothing wrong with it. Nothin has changed realistically. From the start of the game, before the made the 100% drop rate from bosses, yellows were next to impossible to get. So most were decked out in purple gear with some yellow sprinkled in. NOW , essentially yellow has just become purples. And greens have become that impossible yellow drop. Soo essential they're increasing the better gear drops which I great. Specially once they put the 201+ bracket In. I want to feel rewarded for going into the DZ6 and killing a boss, not getting a stupid mod or attachment. I think it's awesome 

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
Rumours starting to circulate about new coloured gear items. (Currently dark green but possible new purple/pink colour) new brackets to come in to the dz with a new 201+ gear score dark zone which will see dz 01/02 populated with Lvl 32 enemy's, dz 03/04 populated with Lvl 33 enemys and dz 05/06 populated with level 34 enemys. In this new incoming gs201+ dark zone drop rates are increased making 182 gear common, 204 rare and 214-240 very rare. We shall only see.

quinch1199

For players joining the game now then, is this an effort to force a certain method of gameplay perhaps? If they're going to populate the "starter" DZ areas with harder encounters then will this translate to the game pushing players who haven't hit 30 yet into staying in the Open World longer to get gear of between 89-130 before even venturing inside?

I would have much preferred just more DZ areas opening up and going higher in levels to be honest but IF this is the reasoning behind it I can see it as a valid choice by Massive.

I was still using some level 26/28 gear when I first went into the DZ and that just wouldn't work if they make those amendments. 

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I demand even higher drop rates! I mean to be honest though, with the current drop rates, the HE that usually drop are shit tier anyway. There is still alot of satisfaction or disappointment associated with killing named bosses and getting a HE drop as most of the time, and I literally mean like 80%-90% of the time, its a shit tier HE but at least it's good for the ridiculous material conversion rate. I am very rarely satisfied with a drop these days honestly, I only get garbage, however that makes finding a good item all the more satisfying.

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
For players joining the game now then, is this an effort to force a certain method of gameplay perhaps? If they're going to populate the "starter" DZ areas with harder encounters then will this translate to the game pushing players who haven't hit 30 yet into staying in the Open World longer to get gear of between 89-130 before even venturing inside?

I would have much preferred just more DZ areas opening up and going higher in levels to be honest but IF this is the reasoning behind it I can see it as a valid choice by Massive.

I was still using some level 26/28 gear when I first went into the DZ and that just wouldn't work if they make those amendments. 
An expansion of the dz may still happen to open up a zone 08/09. That would likely come with paid DLC I would think. The new enemy levels will only be active in the new top gear score dark zone. (Gear score 201+) the current top bracket (161+) would then become the middle tier (161-201) and that would stay the same as it is now with level 30 enemys in dz 01/02, 31 in dz 03/04 and 32 in dz 05/06

I demand even higher drop rates! I mean to be honest though, with the current drop rates, the HE that usually drop are shit tier anyway. There is still alot of satisfaction or disappointment associated with killing named bosses and getting a HE drop as most of the time, and I literally mean like 80%-90% of the time, its a shit tier HE but at least it's good for the ridiculous material conversion rate. I am very rarely satisfied with a drop these days honestly, I only get garbage, however that makes finding a good item all the more satisfying.
Agree with you on this. I am so sick of lopping through dz 05/06 and filling my stash with 30 HE only to have 1 or 2 182 GS items which are useless. This will be addressed by the devs in the upcoming update though as they are supposedly cutting the drop rate of mods and weapon attachments as everyone is complaining they are too frequent. The new 201+ dark zone bracket will improve drop rates of higher quality items. Which I think is required so people can gear up for the new broken circle incursion. Also on a side note it is rumoured that the dz supply crates will be "worth your while" after the update. Expecting purple items to be cut from supply drops. I will try and find the site I read this info on and make a thread.

quinch1199

An expansion of the dz may still happen to open up a zone 08/09. That would likely come with paid DLC I would think. The new enemy levels will only be active in the new top gear score dark zone. (Gear score 201+) the current top bracket (161+) would then become the middle tier (161-201) and that would stay the same as it is now with level 30 enemys in dz 01/02, 31 in dz 03/04 and 32 in dz 05/06
This logic I'm behind completely. I do think however that instead of rewarding players with just more HE loot, more and more often of more and more increasing GS they should work on providing something more meaningful. I don't agree with the new method of locking players out of Instances because they have a low gear score ... if you try and fail ...its on your head!! Match maker should sort it so you don't drag really geared up players down, or alternatively you are matched randomly with more appropriate players and you might get lucky and dragged through but more often than not the party will wipe and ... y'know .... I'm ok with that. 

Majority of more serious players already run with a known group so won't use PuG's anyway so that will reduce griefers but mainly I want to be able to fail because I've failed, not be given more gear all the time to try and get me through. 

If I'm not ready I won't take the challenge! 

Ideally this means that instead of throwing candy at players they should be giving them more regular and different things to do so they don't keep wanting higher gear until they need it. 

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
I agree that I think the minimum gear score for incursions should be scrapped. A recommended GS is fine by me but if you are gear score 120 and can somehow get through falcon lost then that is one hell of an accomplishment. PUGs do not like to see low GS agents and they usually get the boot. That's just how it goes I guess. I personally enjoy the aspect of helping a lower level agent get through a challenge. Recently done the incursion with 2 165 gear score agents who were very grateful for the helping hand. Much more rewarding helping people out than kicking their arse to the curb for having a low GS.

quinch1199

I agree that I think the minimum gear score for incursions should be scrapped. A recommended GS is fine by me but if you are gear score 120 and can somehow get through falcon lost then that is one hell of an accomplishment. PUGs do not like to see low GS agents and they usually get the boot. That's just how it goes I guess. I personally enjoy the aspect of helping a lower level agent get through a challenge. Recently done the incursion with 2 165 gear score agents who were very grateful for the helping hand. Much more rewarding helping people out than kicking their arse to the curb for having a low GS.
These are all lessons gamers need to learn. Sure you can try FL witih a low GS but don't come crying if a PuG boots you or you keep failing ... THIS IS NOT THE GAMES FAULT! 

I think developers these days are too keen to hold the hands of their gamers and guide them through things in some perpetual "EZMode" where if you need gear to complete a quest...you get it from drops all the time (I hate those D&D campaigns don't you!).

What happened to working for it? If you're not lucky/uberskilled enough to complete FL for example without gear then go and grind for it. 

*Sits back with a pipe and slippers* 

In MY day you had to grind for endless days on the same raid/Instance boss until the item of gear you wanted dropped...none of this 100% drop rate nonsense or higher grade loot now drops more often.. pfft! If you want a game that holds your hand the whole way may one suggest Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
I agree that the feeling you get when getting that long sort after drop is great and feels like you have been rewarded for your efforts. I like that. If that happens more often though I would be okay with that ha I don't mind running Lexington 8 times in a row with pugs to get gloves or whatever but the dz gear drops are shit at the minute and the supply drops are useless. Who cares for purples these days?

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I don't think the HE drop rate has anything to do with the games economy. Players that need those pieces aren't geared enough to farm them, and players that don't need what drops are using them to rebalance crafting...seems right to me.

I've seen players with less than the required gear score in FL...not sure what they did to circumvent the requirement, or if they did anything but press matchmake, but they were definitely there.

The matchmaking system, on the other hand, NEEDS more options. The ability to select a range of gear scores you'll be matched with (with a bottomless lower limit and a tight upper limit defined by your own GS) would be amazing, but also the option to be matched ONLY with players with active microphones, certain languages, etc. One size fits all rarely does, and this system is no exception.

Jps100

Community Agent
For me its about the gear score even with my highest items fitted im lucky to hit 210.getting 240 gear in falcon is an absolute grind and have only completed it once so the hope of getting a 240 in dz is a risk worth doing as if the info is right i wont be seeing the inside of broken anytime soon without it.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
For me its about the gear score even with my highest items fitted im lucky to hit 210.getting 240 gear in falcon is an absolute grind and have only completed it once so the hope of getting a 240 in dz is a risk worth doing as if the info is right i wont be seeing the inside of broken anytime soon without it.
By the time you CAN get a 240 piece, it'll be second place gear, and you'll be saying the same things about gear from broken circle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jps100

Community Agent
Lol true true but the loot is really bad at moment im not sure if im right but i would say 40% mods and parts 40% 163 10% 182 5% unique 5% nomad gear and as everyone knows by now is a poor set indeed .

And by unique im mean the midas 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Lol true true but the loot is really bad at moment im not sure if im right but i would say 40% mods and parts 40% 163 10% 182 5% unique 5% nomad gear and as everyone knows by now is a poor set indeed .

And by unique im mean the midas 
True, but the game is designed to award those who take on the hardest challenges with the best gear...and neither of those things are found in the dark zone. The zone will always be second place, as will it's rewards.

quinch1199

True, but the game is designed to award those who take on the hardest challenges with the best gear...and neither of those things are found in the dark zone. The zone will always be second place, as will it's rewards.
I agree with this, PvE open world rewards should be the lowest value, crafting should be next, DZ crafting next, DZ drops (including named bosses) next level and highest rewards for Incursions/Instances. Its the logical progression and means most players get rewarded appropriately to their involvement in the areas of the game. 

Jps100

Community Agent
I totally agree but we need more bp,s in game with a chance of a good gear score ie if i buy a vest bp i would like the chance of more than 182 score 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements