• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Find HE Loot? Don't go straight to extract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Risky Kill

Community Agent
This was posted on another forum by member ToniNotti, it's pretty valuable information that I wasn't aware of. I never extract with less than 9 but maybe some of you are.

PSA[PSA] If you find HE loot from DZ, don't go straight to extract it. Instead fill your bag with anything possible before extraction. self.thedivision

Submitted 8 hours ago * by ToniNottit0nin0t (SUSI / FIN)

There is very high chance that people are deciding to go rogue at extraction sites or anywhere right now. So in order to increase your chances to secure that High End loot, DO NOT just ran straight to the extraction site because if you die with only it in your bag, you will drop it to public.

Instead have/get full bag (9/9) and if you die, you will drop 3 random items, increasing the chance that your HE item won't drop to public. Then you can just walk back and pick up your private items and try to secure them again.

L3thal Wolf

is this going to happen in a fiuture update because last night every time I was killed in the DZ all of my loot items were dropped for anyone to pick and choose from.

TheDarkZone

Community Agent
It's different if you are rogue versus not rogue. If you are Rogue, it depends on what level of rogue you are for how much will be a public drop.

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
Yeah im not so sure on this one. When I die, I drop everything. But, I don't really pick up anything other than Prototype mods and weapons for parts if I need them. But when I get HE drops, I usually don't say anything and go extract on the complete opposite side of the DZ. I don't extract if I don't like the scene of the extraction point.

My other strategy is to make it appear that IM THE ONE who wants to go rogue while you extract. I'm not sure if it works, but I can't say that it doesn't. I've pushed some people away from a particular extraction zone posing as aggressive, and I can extract alone or with my group. The last thing I want though, is for another group who is intent on going rogue. Then I've just invited them to a fight.

Blazzen67

Yeah im not so sure on this one. When I die, I drop everything. But, I don't really pick up anything other than Prototype mods and weapons for parts if I need them. But when I get HE drops, I usually don't say anything and go extract on the complete opposite side of the DZ. I don't extract if I don't like the scene of the extraction point.

My other strategy is to make it appear that IM THE ONE who wants to go rogue while you extract. I'm not sure if it works, but I can't say that it doesn't. I've pushed some people away from a particular extraction zone posing as aggressive, and I can extract alone or with my group. The last thing I want though, is for another group who is intent on going rogue. Then I've just invited them to a fight.
this is true, you do drop everything, but only a select few of the items you drop are view-able/loot-able to the public. thats what i have been led to believe anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:

x Risky Kill

Community Agent
Yeah when I'm not a rogue and I have a full pack 3 go public and 6 stay hidden for only me to retrieve. I've experienced this enough to know that's exactly what happens haha

A2DaJ

Community Agent
GREAT ADVICE! I was aware of this mechanic, but never thought of using it to have a better chance of "hiding" my HE loot! This forum is worth its weight in Phoenix Credits!!! <-- hahaha I made a funny (not really that was a lame-ass joke)

JohnnyBundle

Community Member
Here's another tip to add to this.

Always have something to extract, even if it's a green.

The reason is, should you take down a boss and there are a group of players around you can run over and pretend to loot him then run off. If they kill you, thinking they will get your item, they only get the green, you then re spawn and go back to boss and loot when safe to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements