• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Check out my youtube channel guys i need more opions so i can improve upon what i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Video length is ok. Most people won't watch far past 10mins unless they're particularly loyal or interested to find out what happens in the end, so PvP battles are ideal for longer videos as they have that "who will win?" factor. My audience is currently stuck around the 3-4min average view time for example so I've started cutting my videos shorter if they're simple Guilds or Information videos. 

Following on from that - "How to" and similar guide videos do well in my experience, be clear with your instructions and keep things simple. 

I've found diversifying difficult with poor audience take up on videos outside of the core pocket of subscribers ..for example most videos what aren't Tom Clancy related! 

I see you're on console so I'm not sure what editing facilities are available to add an animated or even a static intro for example. I need to invest in a proper one myself (i.e. paid for) at some point as I'm using a free version. 

Advertising and self promotion on external forums, official forums, social media is very important as well. 

...you'll likely get a ton of spam messages & comments on your channel once you get to a certain point. I know I do. 

Good luck! 

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
First nice posting, but...

• There is no commentary so the audience does not know the objective - other than PvP and montage.
  • The scenes are chopped up.  Makes it (for me) hard to follow.
  • For this style - 5 min maybe add an opening - like rogue hunter or testing this build or...
The run through scene at the end was way cool BTW.

Good luck

...gene

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Just may be me but I like seeing the facial reactions of the person I'm watching, I find it to be an extra source of entertainment.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Just may be me but I like seeing the facial reactions of the person I'm watching, I find it to be an extra source of entertainment.
Maybe I should get a webcam myself then lol! 

(soviet flag backdrop, thick Russian hat, State Anthem of the Glorious Soviet Union playing in the background)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements