• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Challenging Incursion Suggestion/ Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike87

Community Agent
My friend and I were so close to finishing Incursion last night, but instead we were left with nothing.  A little back drop on our gear.  I'm running 3 Tactician and 3 Striker.- gear score 207.  This gives me 225 DPS with my Aug from BOO.  My health is 82,000 with 60% armor mit.  My skill power is nicely set at 20,000.  My friend gear score is 198 and running the striker gear.  We matchmake with two other people.  At first we were not sure if we should play with them for the challenge, but we decided to give it a go.  Their gear scores were around 178 and 186.  Low and behold, these other two guys were really good.  They actually knew when to switch their skills and talents based on the wave in the incursion.  We were rolling through the first 14 waves.  I was giving good advise and quickly calling out the rushers with my pulse scan.  Then the 15 wave comes in.  I tell everyone to be patient and kill off most of the enemies first.  My friend really wanted to just rush the bomb and all go for it.  In a sense of panic, we all just follow him to kill the bomb guy.  We get him, but as I mentioned earlier there were too many NPCs which spawned.  One team member goes down.  I'm like oh shiet, knew it (were fk'd).  The other guy tries to revive him, but I yell just go back to the pit...  He tries to get him up and dies also.   I'm still alive and my friend has the bomb.  He has the bomb, but doesn't use survival link just a split second too late.  Now I'm the only one alive and know we're screwed.  There is a full set of NPC's and I die trying to get the bomb.

What is your guy's suggestion on the 15th wave.  Should we have killed off the NPC's or just rushed the bomb guy.

In case anyone wants to know, here is my strategy for Challenging Incursion Lost:   The most important part I believe, is that one person has to have high skill power and keep on pulse consistently (most important is to have it ready at the beginning of each round).  This is to call out all the rushers. (They are the ones with a lightning bolt on top of their head).   For the beginning of the Incursions, do not just jump down at the start.  Stay at the top and kill all the shotgunners first.  Just leave 4-5 of the other NPC's.   After the shotgunners are killed, pop a survival link and everyone just run for the trench (I would wait for the Tank missile to fire first, then go).    As for skill sets: 1st person with Refibilator (or Overdose) and tactical pulse.  2nd person with Ammo Cache Station (or Immunizer) and flashbang.  3rd person with Revival Station (or Immunizer) and flashbang.  4th person with overdose (or Refibilator) and flashbang.  With this strategy, it is easy to take out the incoming shotguns which are tagged with pulse.  Also be sure to use any of your grenades, except for the frag grenade.  All the other grenades stop the Shotgunners from moving and easy kill.   Everyone Use Survival Link (nothing else).   Also remember to use your consumables.   Hope that helps.  I appreciate any comments or suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I would have taken my time and done everything very carefully. If you have the bomb and it's just 2 of you, the bomber should rush and pop survivor link while the other guy camps somewhere safe.

ShootFirstPodcast

Community Agent
We haven't made it to the Challenge portion of the Incursion yet, but I feel like "play it safe" is typically the best route, especially when so much is riding on success.  At 14 waves; I'm not taking chances.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
From the Falcon Lost guide on the strats & builds board:

"Again, the key is patience. Working methodically and safely from your home, you should pull this run off with no problem. If you choose to go rambo or hide elsewhere on the map, you're taking your life, and the run, into your hands. Your hands aren't as amazing as you think they are, I promise."

If you hide out of the line of fire, those far bomb carriers eventually come down to you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike87

Community Agent
Yeah, was kinda upset.  Still love the guy, but he was so insistent on going Rambo in that last round.  He was probably used to hard mode where you can just rush the bomb carrier because he spawns so close.  There always that one guy in my group.  I don't want to sound conceded, but please listen to the person who did the Incursion challenging already...

tenkenffxi

Was having problems on challenge mode also specially on shotgunners until the team decided to use me as a tank with high HP and skill power.Made a difference and since then we been clearing it daily on my static. Shield is up instantly and spamming overdose booster shot while the heavy DPs is behind me helps.Just an idea. I'm sure there's more methods.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Was having problems on challenge mode also specially on shotgunners until the team decided to use me as a tank with high HP and skill power.Made a difference and since then we been clearing it daily on my static. Shield is up instantly and spamming overdose booster shot while the heavy DPs is behind me helps.Just an idea. I'm sure there's more methods.
no need to drop your dps output for a shield, flashbang sticky bombs/shock grenades/incendiary grenades/incendiary ammo/tear gas grenades...any stun makes them benign.

MichFan

Shoot 1st Ask Questions Later
Have run it multiple times now and I can say that the strategy of having the mobile cover and smart cover seems to have made it fairly easy. Using the proper mods on the mobile cover and smart cover it is like having a mini survivor link up at all times when up against it.

HHHope

Community Veteran
Round 15 is the easiet round.soon as the bomb gets down to you , don't wait just go. Should only need one sig if any to plant the bomb. I'll tel you what gets a lot of people killed is trying to turn off the turret. If you're at 80k health you won't die specially if you have a sig still up. I find people wait and waait on round 15 when really it should be done shortly after you have the bomb and clear a reasonable path. I run the bomb all the time and have never died unless it's from drones or a sniper and that is just lack of communication 

Colonel2Can

I haven't got a clue what anyone's talking about, hahaha. As I am always the mole that has to stay in the pit! I really should have a go at the bomb bit, but I have my job down to tee ( left hand stairs/middle drop watch - using pulsing/ overheal and 7 medkits - works for me). I would bloody hate to let the team down!

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I haven't got a clue what anyone's talking about, hahaha. As I am always the mole that has to stay in the pit! I really should have a go at the bomb bit, but I have my job down to tee ( left hand stairs/middle drop watch - using pulsing/ overheal and 7 medkits - works for me). I would bloody hate to let the team down!
Literally the most important job...if you die, the run is on VERY thin ice

Addihul

Community Agent
I disagree with the rambo strat. You have 2:30s to clear as many mobs in wave 15 as you can before the next wave spawns. If your team has mad DPS, then you can even kill every last mob without the threat of a respawn as long as its under that timer. However, killing every last mob is pretty difficult since there's like 20ish that spawn. If you can focus down about half, most or all of them on the left side, then you can chain sigs straight to the bomb carrier and then to the bomb. Throw a support station in front of the turrets and they will target it while you plant. Like HHope said, no need to even turn off the turrets. However if you're a DPS heavy team then you will have plenty of time to do it 'right' just to minimize the risk.

Take a hybrid of the suggestions then. I swear by the 'take your time' approach but guys like Hhope who runs with a disciplined team can get away with pub rushing. Give yourself approximately 2 minutes to clear as many as you can before you grab the bomb in a sig rotation. For new people learning challenge mode, the hard mode pub rush strat is simply way too high risk.

Mike87

Community Agent
Round 15 is the easiet round.soon as the bomb gets down to you , don't wait just go. Should only need one sig if any to plant the bomb. I'll tel you what gets a lot of people killed is trying to turn off the turret. If you're at 80k health you won't die specially if you have a sig still up. I find people wait and waait on round 15 when really it should be done shortly after you have the bomb and clear a reasonable path. I run the bomb all the time and have never died unless it's from drones or a sniper and that is just lack of communication 
Are you talking about challenge mode.  Is that what you do to complete it?   Do all four of you rush the bomb or 1 stay back.   Right now I'd rather go with the other suggestions of being patient and clearing most of the NPC's first.  Even if it's 15 minutes more, better safe than sorry...

HHHope

Community Veteran
Wouldn't call it "pub rushing". Once the left side is clear I just don't see any point in waiting? Snipers / drones down left side is open. I'm gone 10/10 times. Get over healed and have security link ready and it's easy from that point on. 

Believe me, there's a method to my madness. I don't do anything without a reason

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
So you're in the tunnel on your Pat Malone. Your pug'er mates are all dead over by the apc. 

What's the best way to handle it? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements