• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Underground Cache Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
So my first couple cache's weren't great but around level 5-7 or something, I started getting higher 240/268 gear or 229 weapons. I am now level 13. My friend is level 9 and he still keeps opening 204/214 items or weapons. Is it because I am 23x with all 229 weapons (other than pistol [182]) and 240 gear (two 268's) while he was only level 203 (ended night at 211)?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
From what I've read, Underground caches look at what gear you have equipped and give gear based on that.  So, what you want to do before opening them, is put your highest GS gear and weapons on (don't mind if the "build" works) and then open them.  That should help you to get higher GS items out of them.  It seems to work the same way as decoding engrams in Destiny, you put on your highest light level gear, whether you ever use the gear or not, and then you decode.  

Viktor

Yes, exactly as described.

Don't know if you a part of a group or clan but if you create an alt character and have friends to help you level up to 30 you can then quickly level up underground. You can either save the caches as you progress until you have a GS of 230+ and then open them en masse. Alternatively, if you have high GS gear in your stash, from your main character, you wear the necessary items to take your GS to 230+ and open the cache as you acquire each one. This should always give you 229 or 268 items. Each character has the potential for 39 UG caches - that's a lot of 229/268 items.

Running an alt character or two also gives you double HVTs etc.

Maximus

Community Agent
Deadsock is on the money, when opening caches put on your best gear to raised the GS.  If under 219 then u will get lower tier gear.   

Hazman

Community Agent
Last night I ran a phase in underground and received a underground cache like normal, so then I setup another one and ran that solo and everything went good collected intel and opened the box at the end and when I got back to the terminal I had no cache.  Would this be a bug or do you only get the cache on the first run?

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Last night I ran a phase in underground and received a underground cache like normal, so then I setup another one and ran that solo and everything went good collected intel and opened the box at the end and when I got back to the terminal I had no cache.  Would this be a bug or do you only get the cache on the first run?
You only get a cache when you level up (Underground level) not for each mission run.

As you may guess from this, you have a finite number of caches to unlock ... only as many levels in Underground as you can level up over ... so choose when to open them well!

(side note, what is the max Underground level? 40? ... may sound like a lot but consider how much you get that's... pretty much no use...so maybe one in three drops is a good one due to RNG)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazman

Community Agent
You only get a cache when you level up (Underground level) not for each mission run.

As you may guess from this, you have a finite number of caches to unlock ... only as many levels in Underground as you can level up over ... so choose when to open them well!

(side note, what is the max Underground level? 40? ... may sound like a lot but consider how much you get that's... pretty much no use...so maybe one in three drops is a good one due to RNG)
Ahh, gotcha,  from what I'm hearing you need to have your gear score high when you get the cache not when you open it.  Seen a couple videos and all of them are saying the same thing.

quinch1199

Ahh, gotcha,  from what I'm hearing you need to have your gear score high when you get the cache not when you open it.  Seen a couple videos and all of them are saying the same thing.
Yep, best option is to run missions for an evening and gather up all the caches you've got. Save them for when you're doing admin in the BoO...equip highest Gear Score items you have...open the caches then. 

You can always hold onto caches if you have room as well to open another time. Especially if you're likely to get high level gear elsewhere as well from normal drops. 

quinch1199

Oh! Also remember that once you unlock directives for missions you can tailor the end drops for what type of items you need ... weapons or gear. I don't think this impacts caches though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements