• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PTS finishing Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
"The Survival game mode will be available again on Sunday, November 13th at 02:00 PM CET / 08:00 AM EST / 05:00 AM PST. No restart or maintenance is required.

Additionally, the PTS for Survival and Update 1.5 will come to an end on Monday, November 14th at 10:00 AM CET / 04:00 AM EST / 01:00 AM PST."

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Yeah, bit concerned about this.  They have apparently tweaked Survival to reduce the mat drops and to make the AI damage higher but are only going to allow 24 hours testing.

I would imagine that unless they have made fairly light changes then they are likely to get themselves back in to a bit of a pickle due to lack of feedback.

This does see to tie in with the suggested release date though and the massive  :31_neutral_face:  pressure they must be under to get the 1.5 and Survivor patch / DLC out for all platforms before the end of 2016 with the 1 month enforced delay for PS owners.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yeah, i thought maybe a week or two of more testing. 1.5 isn't as much of a change as going to 1.4. Though, the new DLC would be more issues to flush out., as @RimBlock highlighted. The peeps probably went nuts in trying it out early. So hopefully, they got the data and bug finds they wanted. 

*Crosses fingers

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
The positive is that after 1.4 ... 1.5 and Survival AREN'T actually re-inventing anything. All the core mechanics have been (supposed to be) nailed in 1.4 so all they're doing is adding a "dungeon run" on top of 1.4. 

Only concern is with them changing how Survival ran in 0.5. Personally I'd lower the loot available (certainly in PvP), decrease the death creep/infection creep significantly and increase the cool-down on the skills the Hunters have. I'd not have buffed damage or anything like that. 

RimBlock

they are adding a new Gs in 1m5 and a new world tier.  how they scale and how the new GS items can be obtained I think is key.

1.4 set the game up on an even kelel but moving forwards from there is not proven yet and 1.5 would be a good chance to show it is all locked down.  if the new WT ended up with massively spongy enemies again...

that is my biggest concern with the short testing cycle especially with them saying there was not much activity outside of survival on the PTS for the first week.

quinch1199

available again on Sunday, November 13th at 02:00 PM CET / 08:00 AM EST / 05:00 AM PST

1.5 will come to an end on Monday, November 14th at 10:00 AM CET / 04:00 AM EST / 01:00 AM PST
Hold on ... so NOT EVEN 24HRS? If I'm reading CET time notation correctly Europe was given just 12hrs ... and half of the hours were THROUGH the NIGHT when we were all asleep mostly?

So as of now (17:30hrs CET) its gone??

Its as if they knew I was going to record a video tonight of it...

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
DLC out for all platforms before the end of 2016 with the 1 month enforced delay for PS owners.
I'm not banking on this.  With a leaked XB1/PC date of 11/22, one month delay puts them at 12/22 (or more likely 12/20) and I don't know if they'll get the reception they want dropping the week of Xmas.  

Either way, with Wildlands dropping 3/7, the PS4 players are really getting shorted on the whole experience.  

RimBlock

Quite possible but they hit the 'second DLC in 2016' measure regardless of the reception.

I am sure there are enough people out there shouting about the DLC delay even though Massive did the right thing IMO and got a lot of the game issues sorted with 1.4.  Whether those game issues should have existed or been around for such a long time is another discussion  :10_wink: .

quinch1199

Either way, with Wildlands dropping 3/7, the PS4 players are really getting shorted on the whole experience
Maybe Sony should be stumping up the cash for the exclusivity.

Ultimately its not Ubisoft's fault, Microsoft have clearly decided this title is the one they want some exclusivity with. PS4 players getting annoyed with Massive/Ubisoft about this thing is like a PS4 player getting annoyed they don't have Halo. LOL!!

quinch1199

Either way, with Wildlands dropping 3/7, the PS4 players are really getting shorted on the whole experience
This is the bit that worries me, how much of a window do we have as Division players before multiplayer becomes a ghost town? Currently I'm ok, I have one or two players that I team up on a regular basis and they're not interested or looking at Wildlands yet but doesn't mean support won't stop though.

Only reason they've announced that Siege is being supported further is that its a very popular game with active servers. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Maybe Sony should be stumping up the cash for the exclusivity.
I agree that the exclusivity delay is Sony's fault, however, it's kinda bullshit that MS pays for the exclusive rights and PC gets added to the early access.  The whole first two DLCs were announced 1 month earlier on XB1 and then PC was added.  Massive felt sorry sorry for PC players because they built such a shitty back end to their game that infants could hack it and the game became all but unplayable for those that weren't cheating.  

I don't mind waiting for DLC, but I do think it's crap when the rules change after the game has started.  It's not like they fixed the problems with the DLC over that month, the only difference was that PS4 players knew what was going to be broken when the updates dropped.  

This is the bit that worries me, how much of a window do we have as Division players before multiplayer becomes a ghost town? Currently I'm ok, I have one or two players that I team up on a regular basis and they're not interested or looking at Wildlands yet but doesn't mean support won't stop though.
The group I play with is really looking forward to Wildlands.  Back in the summer and after E3, we all got really excited about Wildlands, knowing we'd have played all 3 DLC for the Division.  This of course was before Massive accepted their shit was broken almost beyond repair and they delayed their DLC schedule.  I was a HUGE fan of Future Soldier and I'm really looking forward to Wildlands, so I'm rather disappointed with all the delays and problems in Division.  

My busy time at work will run roughly Dec 1 thru about Jan 15, basically leaving me a month and a half to play the final 2 DLC for Division before I move on to Wildlands or something else.  As much as I love the Ghost Recon franchise, I'll probably give the game a shorter leash after all the crap with the Division.  

quinch1199

it's kinda bullshit that MS pays for the exclusive rights and PC gets added to the early access
Erm... I'm going to sound like an ass here but ... you do know that Microsoft = Windows PC = Xbox connect gameplay don't you? I mean they are the same computer, Xbox One & Windows 10 run the same architecture and MS are working hard to connect Windows PC with Xbox gaming (Gears of War for example is meant to be multiplayer cross-platform with PC and Xbox One).

I don't want to sound like I'm telling you to suck eggs but the reasons PC and Xbox get the exclusive deal at the same time are 1) Same company paying for it 2) Almost identical technical details required to make the software work on both platforms.

quinch1199

As much as I love the Ghost Recon franchise, I'll probably give the game a shorter leash after all the crap with the Division.  
Totally agree, I'm with you on that one. After all the issues we've faced and that its taken them until 1.4 to actually give us what feels and plays like a "finished product" rather than a scrappy, buggy, poorly balanced Beta ... I think we can all be justified in giving Wildlands a short lead. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Erm... I'm going to sound like an ass here but ... you do know that Microsoft = Windows PC = Xbox connect gameplay don't you? I mean they are the same computer, Xbox One & Windows 10 run the same architecture and MS are working hard to connect Windows PC with Xbox gaming (Gears of War for example is meant to be multiplayer cross-platform with PC and Xbox One).

I don't want to sound like I'm telling you to suck eggs but the reasons PC and Xbox get the exclusive deal at the same time are 1) Same company paying for it 2) Almost identical technical details required to make the software work on both platforms.
I understand that, but it wasn't communicated that way.  I know that it's much easier to get things up and running on PC (vs. consoles), but for the PS4 players that I run with it still came across as PS4 players were being punished.  

Here's a quote from a February article in Polygon:

Following a period of 30 days, DLC will make its way to the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC versions of the game. Although GameStop doesn't specify which content falls under the timed exclusivity deal, Ubisoft previously announced that The Division would receive a season pass including three expansions and free monthly updates.
This is how pretty much everything I read explained this, which is why I'm a little bent.  Here's the link to the full article if you're interested:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/17/11033958/the-divisions-dlc-will-launch-as-timed-xbox-one-exclusive

And here's some more articles:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/07/the-division-expansion-dlc-xbox-one-30-day-exclusive/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/07/the-division-expansions-are-exclusive-to-xbox-one-for-30-days-ubisoft-confirms/

https://gamerant.com/the-division-dlc-expansion-xbox-one-exclusive/

I'm just saying here, kinda bullshit the program flipped and added PC to the mix.

quinch1199

@DeadSockPuppet - classic example of piss-poor communication compounding that a section of the gaming community (like others) are "in a bubble" of understanding perhaps. PS4 players not comprehending that Xbox & PC are now directly linked doesn't excuse Ubisoft/Massive not explaining that these days an Xbox Exclusive can easily mean a "Xbox & PC exclusive". 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements