• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

#JustDivisionThings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Admitting that your game is broken and that you don't know where to start to fix it and then announcing that that you're going to delay all the promised content and release an update that doesn't appear to address any of the 20+ Known Issues your game has.  

#justdivisionthings

Sunblessed

Community Agent
And you need to step back out into the open to get uo and run again, right?! lol
The dodge button and take cover button is the same. If there's any cover nearby, sometimes my character rolls into cover, even if I'm still on the same side of that cover as the enemy shooting at me. So sometimes, I'm already out in the open! But yes, what you said happens too. Sometimes when I want to run away farther to use my marksman rifle, the game forces me into cover instead.

ZombieTech

When a "civilian in need" walks into you, and acts like you're the one stepping to them and runs away in fear, making you feel like an @$$hole.  :51_scream:

You empty every round in both main weapons into a mob, along with grenades, down to pistol, to have game hiccup and enemies kill you in 1-2 shots.  :67_head_bandage:

You find yourself stuck at the top of a ladder, unable to step off onto the platform, nor go down, nor open the menu, or map, or even be able to blow yourself up using your own grenade to respawn... while solo, on the last person/enemy, of an extremely hard weekly HvT.  (Actually forcing YOU to force-close the game knowing what the game is forcing YOU to lose!!!)  :86_crying_cat_face:  

Game decides to "stick" right when you go to press for medkit the next 5 presses, and then unfreezes just in time to alert you that you're dead.  :70_poop:

Exiting a Checkpoint in the DZ, you see on the screen that you're already dead a second or two before the door finishes closing... informed it's by a shotgun, and yet there's nobody whatsoever in visual-range.  :52_fearful:

Try to dodge-roll off the platform you're on that's not that much larger than your feet, just to find an invisible wall... but that final shot that nails you because you're stuck and not realizing you have to press B (to get down) instead of double-tapping A (to dive off), blows you clear off the platform anyways.  :62_dizzy_face:

#justdivisionstuff

Last edited by a moderator:

ZombieTech

And you need to step back out into the open to get uo and run again, right?! lol
*grumbles* (Happens so many more times than I care to admit!!!)  :67_head_bandage:

Ooh, something to not look forward to!

Which brings me to my next point...I keep complaining, and I keep playing.

#justdivisionthings
<<< So damn guilty!  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Running in a squad for Underground and there's always that guy that has to open every door, pull every lever, ascend every ladder and open every box first. 

#justdivisionthings
Now I'm kind of glad I play solo, because I can practically guarantee I'd be that guy.   :7_sweat_smile:  (Explorer/avid-completionist) 

PS - So many I'm going to upvote later on when I can... (limit of 10 per day, doh!)

ZombieTech

- Game is supposed to be an action shooter... bogs and freezes most the time during firefights and gun-combat. *facepalm*

- Shoot an enemy a little bit to your west with a pistol equipped with a silencer... half a dozen enemy guys a half-block to a block to the east all get triggered and come running.

- Find a building (that's not a safehouse nor nowhere near the safehouse) where for some odd reason the enemies won't come in, nor shoot in through the doorway, try to take advantage and shoot at them, to find your bullets don't seem to go past the doorway... door is wide open but somehow there's an invisible pass-through wall where the enemies only start shooting once you step outside.

- Take down three different areas of a Search and Destroy no drops except perhaps a medkit or ammo, if that... take on the trash-mob reds out in the streets directly after get 2 purple and 1 blue drop.

- Higher gearscore just means you're a more advanced blow-up doll for the enemies to have "fun" with.  *Checks restock box, finds lube right at the top*

#justdivisionstuff  :8_laughing: :70_poop:

Sunblessed

Community Agent
I'm not sure if this fits this thread, but I just wanted to mention something good, that I've experienced in The Division a few times. The acquisition of items I want. Now, I know this is wholly random, and that you often don't get the item you want, and that I've been really lucky these few times. But it's still nice when you really want an item, and the game practically just gives it to you.

As I wrote in another thread, I once got a Predator's Mark Vest from an HVT. Then I lost it, because there was a server problem, and the progress hadn't been saved. I spent quite a few evenings during the next two weeks farming HVTs, with the hope of it dropping again. It didn't. When I was starting to feel really annoyed and discouraged, I went to the special vendors in the BoO, hoping it'd be there, and what do they have in stock? A Predator's Mark Vest. It was at the beginning of a week, so I had an entire week to gather enough Phoenix Credits for it. My acquisition of it was assured, and that felt good.

Then, recently, as I was putting together my character's new Gear and look, I looked at the Clothing Database here on this site. And I thought: "Blimey. It sure would be nice to have a pair of Hiking Pants Black. The texture and colour fits really well with the Tactical Hoodie Ash." And then, the very next day (Saturday), I had a gaming day. When I began playing during the early afternoon, the first thing I did was do some HVTs.  I walk out of the Safehouse, thinking I really wanted those Hiking Pants Black. And the first NPC I meet is a Civilian who needs a med kit. What do I get in return? Hiking Pants Black.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I fear that the RNG benevolence is a zero sum game. Those hiking pants my obtaining tge Showstopper is just a bit more out of reach. :3_grin:

Sunblessed

Community Agent
And it happened again! I have once more been blessed by the RNG Gods. Let me know if I shouldn't post this stuff in this thread!

I think that the Striker's Gear set is the coolest and most useful set, at least for me. I have, ever since I saw it, wanted the Striker's Harness the most out of any chestpiece in the game. However, I feared I would never acquire it, as Falcon Lost appears to be very difficult. I have only gotten Striker's Kneepads from a Supply Drop outside the Dark Zone (I've never gone into the DZ).

But yesterday! I did some Target Intel gathering missions, for an evening of soloing daily HVTs. And what do I get from the very first HVT I kill? One of those dailies of the easiest difficulty. I get Striker's Harness, of course.

2wQMatG.png

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I was under the impression that this thread was for the fistful of bullshit and irony that the game throws at us, like...

Delaying your DLC schedule to create and release an update that is supposed to make a bunch of big changes to the game to make it "better" only to go back and undo many of the changes while you're building that update, so your game can revert to the broken state it's currently in.

#justdivisionthings

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
When you realise the repetitive nature of the tasks in the game are just a deep social comment on the ultimate uselessness and repetitive nature of our own existence and that all pleasure and enjoyment is just an endless cycle of cold, stark loneliness as you wander from one episodic repeated task given you in a dark endless and unfeeling universe.

#justdivisionthings

(Emo version)

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
When you realise the repetitive nature of the tasks in the game are just a deep social comment on the ultimate uselessness and repetitive nature of our own existence and that all pleasure and enjoyment is just an endless cycle of cold, stark loneliness as you wander from one episodic repeated task given you in a dark endless and unfeeling universe.

#justdivisionthings

(Emo version)
Life imitating art, imitating life or the other way 'round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements