• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Create a clan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
You can now create a clan here!

Features

• Manage clan members
  • Private or open forums
  • Make open or invite only
  • Add your clan logo
  • Much more!
To create a clan, go to the Clans link in the navbar, under main menu

Then, click Start a Clan on the right side of the page

image.png

Once you do that, you'll be given some options. You'll be able to choose your clan name, decide the clans privacy type which options are:

• Public 
    Everyone can see the clan and its posts, and can participate without joining.
  • Open 
    Everyone can see the clan and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
  • Closed 
    Everyone can see the clan and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
  • Private 
    Only members can find the clan and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.
Then, you'll type your clans description and then upload your clans logo.

image.png

Now that your clan is created, you can add some forums. To to this, click Manage Clan on the top right and then choose Topics

image.png

Now, you'll type your forums name and give it a short description

image.png

After you Save it, it will appear on your clan page

image.png

Now you can invite some members, do this by clicking on the members tab and then clicking invite members on the top right corner

image.png

Joining a private clan

To join a private clan, you must first be invited. Once a leader invites you, you will receive a notification that you were invited to join the clan. You can either click the notification to be taken to the clan page where you can join, or you can head directly to the clan page and click join.

image.png

Moderators

You can assign members as moderators. Moderators can only manage content. They can:

• Edit posts
  • Hide posts
  • Delete posts
  • Pin posts
  • Merge posts
  • Lock posts
To assign a member as a moderator go to the member page and on the member, you'll see a little gear to the top right of their badge. Click that and you can edit that member.

Now you're ready to start filling up your clan! Have fun agents!

Last edited by a moderator:

g1nt3r

Death Otter
This is awesome -- thanks for setting it up for us! Is there a breakdown of specific clan admin privileges assigned to Moderators vs Leaders? 
No problemo man. I will look into the moderator and leader privileges.

EDIT: I updated the original post to include moderator stuff

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
That's awesome. 

I run a marketing forum using the same platform and the first thing I thought of when they released the "clubs" feature was that it would be a perfect fit for a forum to use to support gaming clans. 

Well done!

g1nt3r

Death Otter
That's awesome. 

I run a marketing forum using the same platform and the first thing I thought of when they released the "clubs" feature was that it would be a perfect fit for a forum to use to support gaming clans. 

Well done!
Right on and thanks! Invision Community is definitely the best forum cms out there and yes, I thought the clubs feature would for sure be an excellent platform for clans to have themselves a little place to openly or privately congregate. So easy to alter it and make it "clans" as well. Love Invision Community. Private message me your site url, I'd definitely like to check it out.

Prvt3Jok3r

Community Veteran
Right on. Invision Community is definitely the best forum cms out there and yes, I thought the clubs feature would for sure be an excellent platform for clans to have themselves a little place to openly or privately congregate. So easy to alter it and make it "clans" as well. Love Invision Community. Private message me your site url, I'd definitely like to check it out.
Yes to everything you said. I do not understand why anyone would use anything else for a forum at this point.

I'll send you that PM.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Yes to everything you said. I do not understand why anyone would use anything else for a forum at this point.

I'll send you that PM.
I agree. I imagine alot of people don't want to pay the license fee, which in my opinion, is worth every penny.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
This service is closed, and will not return. All previously created threads in those forums has been added to the archive for future references.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements