• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

"civilian in need"

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
Other than getting nasty remarks - is there a penalty for ignoring "Civilian in Need"?

Personally, I have never gotten anything I could use other than a salable item.

Thoughts?  And yes I can be a a**h***.

lol

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Nope, there's no penalty I've come across for avoiding them.  I occasionally help them once I'm at lvl 30, but for low lvl toons (maybe like sub lvl 15 or 20) you can get some useful stuff as it will be level appropriate up to that point. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Other than getting nasty remarks - is there a penalty for ignoring "Civilian in Need"?

Personally, I have never gotten anything I could use other than a salable item.

Thoughts?  And yes I can be a a**h***.

lol

...gene
You get called names and sworn at by them...that's about it. After level 30 just getting blue and purple drops is just useless but I still do it for the XP as it adds to the Field Proficiency cache's target. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
You get called names and sworn at by them...that's about it. After level 30 just getting blue and purple drops is just useless but I still do it for the XP as it adds to the Field Proficiency cache's target. 
Forgot about that, but 430ish XP adds up and you can break down the items (and then make HE mats) or sell them for credits.  

genedjr

Community Elite
but I still do it for the XP as it adds to the Field Proficiency cache's target. 
473 xp is simply a drop in the 400K bucket for the 10-15 seconds it takes to give them help.  I agree in the 1 to 30 game you can get useful stuff.  I personally have not received more than a purple in the end game.  So done with that.

...gene

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Just run past and never look back...  :57_cry:

If you do it fast enough you can't even hear them swear at you as you trot off in to the distance.

Ignore those who tell you that every time you do so you loose another part of your soul and take one step closer to indifference.   I have been doing it for ages and I still at least try not to shoot a civ if they get in the way of my gun....  :10_wink:

BROGOD

Community Veteran
You'll hit a point where you have all the clothing items that don't have to be purchased with microtransactions and you'll stop getting clothes from the civilians.  
Ah, I figured as much. Some of the micro-transaction gear looks hella dope, shame I'll have to drop money on getting the gear. As of right now, none of the gear appeals me enough to pay for it, but a time might come I desire somewhat of a new style and will eventually cave in.

Trapper hats are the shit, just saying. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
patch 1.7 has encrypted key caches which gives more clothing, which is also in the premium vendor. plus there's microtrans for purchasing  these encrypted keys . so those look like they can be both earnt and bought. i'm not sure whether theyll move the old paid clothing items to these new caches. would be kinda nice. but they might just have two systems, just to confuse us.

genedjr

Community Elite
/sigh - I am still ignoring them atm - to much time wasted waiting.  NOW if one drops classified - I will visit each and every one.

...gene

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Helping civies is also a commendation...
Yup, so you have a commendation to get PLUS they will drop Encrypted Cache key fragments sometimes this isn't 100% drop rate, seems to be an RNG based on either a Consumable, Materials, Key Fragment.

That said if you want to take the time gathering the blue/pink drops from them means you can complete other commendations from the crafting side 

Last edited by a moderator:

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Just did the 6 Rainbow exploration one last night.  Started my 4th Agent in order to get the grey  :10_wink: .  5 points and no badge.... as Trump would say.... 'So sad'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements