• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What the hell is going on here? Weapon DPS change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I created a new Vector and it proceeded to tell me it had vastly superior DPS.  However once i equipped it, the DPS went down over 10,000 DPS... however when i select my old Vector.. the higher DPS shows up for not only that gun but all guns..

whats going on?

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
the dps numbers the game comes up with are buggy and wrong to begin with. Just push stats on each weapon that it naturally wants (crit chance/damage on smg/AR, headshot on snipers and every other weapon really, etc). You're better off to work out what the average hit of the weapon is during runs, then calculate a "per mag" damage score. Far more reliable on small mag weps that drain quickly.

Like this:

vector hits npcs for between 10k and 50k. 30k average per bullet.

crit chance higher than 50%? new average 35k. Lower than 50%? new average 25k. (can also be skewed for headshot damage and your own talent at hitting headshots if you wish, just more estimation)

35 round magazine  - 1.225 mil per mag high end, 875k low end, both assuming all rounds hit the target, varying with shot placement and crit procs.

not deadly accurate, but far better than the games estimate of 175k dps (the vector only fires for around 3 seconds continuously before needing a reload, so the per mag according to the game should be 525k, ridiculously low)

Wicked Misfit

Yesterday my DPS glitched out amongst a ton of other issues. I lost a few high end weapons, my guns kept unequipping mods, my DPS was bouncing up and down every few seconds 20k-40k points and I kept falling through the ground in challenge mode missions. Hopefully the patch last night fixed at least some of these issues. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M A F I A PC Stuck Input Hell Agent to Agent Support 4
B PSN lfg to raise hell in the DZ Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
N Video Discussion: RUN 'N GUN to DANTE's RUN In HELL's KITCHEN Agent Made Content 0
V Is there going to be a Division 3? The Division 3 General Discussion 1
TWSFGaming My Reason for not going Back into the Dark Zone The Division General Discussion 13
P Going Rouge in the Dark Zone The Division General Discussion 10
RaneMokeev Why I still prefer going solo.... The Division General Discussion 3
A My gear is going up The Division General Discussion 0
RaneMokeev Going Solo Content Bunker 10
S Going Rogue or Manhunt? Which is more rewarding? The Division General Discussion 3
G Suggestion to make going Rogue interesting.... The Division General Discussion 44
K Video Discussion: Killing Rogues, Going Rogue Just want high ends! Agent Made Content 0
N Going manhunt is damn fun! The Division General Discussion 24
Z Going Rogue The Division General Discussion 21
Deep-Fried Dave This is "Going A-Hole" defined. Agent Made Content 3
freeege You know he is going rogue Content Bunker 13
Onyhx Are you going to be a DPS, Healer, or Tank? The Division General Discussion 33
Nebulous Nebulous here Introduce Yourself 2
Malcolm Kocinski New Exotics Weapons & Gear if you get one please post it here. The Division 2 General Discussion 3
Malcolm Kocinski Here's an Outfit I would like to use in The Division 2 Warlords of New York The Division 2 General Discussion 12
Malcolm Kocinski Where is everyone I come in here and very few people are here....Why? Site Errors and Suggestions 11
Malcolm Kocinski Here's a Sneak Peek on an upcoming event in The Division 2 The Division 2 News 1
mhn mhn here *new to the forum* Introduce Yourself 2
JoyFreak JoyFreak here! Introduce Yourself 2
g1nt3r PSN Create a clan here! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
g1nt3r Xbox Live Create a clan here! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
g1nt3r PC Create a clan here! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
Malcolm Kocinski Problems with your mission and don't know how to finish it..post name of the mission here. The Division 2 General Discussion 18
T New here Introduce Yourself 9
L High end build the best way to go? my video here Agent Made Content 0
B Hi new agent here Introduce Yourself 3
Big Grumper I'm still here.......just. The Division General Discussion 12
A Hello Agent Jones here Introduce Yourself 3
S Here's a Solid AlphaBridge Build [Guide] Content Bunker 0
R Here to help Introduce Yourself 1
T PSN looking for a team? drop your gts, psn, or pc name here and we can team up in the DZ Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 14
S Here't the List of New Gear Sets in The Division & How to Get Them (Incursion Update) Content Bunker 0
Xeromaus Real damage here isn't dps... The Division General Discussion 7
Mafsin Mafsin here Introduce Yourself 2
E Post Build here The Division General Discussion 6
A2DaJ Video Discussion: The DPS # in game Is A Lie! Here is how to get the REAL DPS # Agent Made Content 0
ajunior7 New to here and forums in general Introduce Yourself 3
G Gh0stAce86 Here! Introduce Yourself 2
D Hello :) Noob here Introduce Yourself 2
P Here to game Introduce Yourself 2
T Hello fellow Agents I'm new here. The Division General Discussion 1
Vampiric ODST Agent Origins Problems, look here The Division General Discussion 1
S Having mic problems? Check in here! The Division General Discussion 0
X Here's why some people have OP characters... The Division General Discussion 57
C2L3W1 Oh crud! I forgot I'm new here!! Introduce Yourself 3