• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The No Life Group (Forbes Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKilled

recently there was a post on forbes calling out those which have no life and that grinding out gear faster then what was to be expected which called for the nerf on the 12th (see below for link) what is everyone's gear looking like that has "no life"

My Gear - http://imgur.com/EleCA4P (this was taken a few days ago) I am currently at another 300 phoenix from being able to do challenge modes so easy with the other 3 people in our group who all did the same thing. Currently all we do is lvl up the rest of dark zone and send purps to our stats to deconstruct to make mats to get better rolls on all the items we have bought (blueprints)

Forbes link -- http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/03/13/the-divisions-dark-zone-endgame-is-currently-a-mess/#304f2eddcd34

sno pro23

Community Agent
You would think that as long as they have been working on this game any scenario as mentioned in this article would have been sniffed out by the devs long ago. I mean it shouldn't be that hard to figure out if a lower level boss is easy to kill, but gives out the same credit as the harder bosses, that people are going to exploit this and farm away on him. This basically eliminated a chunk of people from continuing to play as now they have no motivation to continue, or as the article stated stick around to slay all the low level players, ruining their experience. 2 to 3 phoenix credits for a regular boss and maybe 5 tops for harder bosses would have been perfect. Now we only get one per boss no matter the difficulty, so we're the ones who are gonna have to really grind just to compete.

sno pro23

Community Agent
Yeah stuff like this just spoils the game for yourself. I like to soak the story in by gradually collecting the intel and then reading it. People complained that Destiny had no story, then they final get an rpg with a good story/lore and they breeze right past it. Everyone enjoys stuff differently but me personally, I don't see the point in being done in a week. 

Blazzen67

Yeah stuff like this just spoils the game for yourself. I like to soak the story in by gradually collecting the intel and then reading it. People complained that Destiny had no story, then they final get an rpg with a good story/lore and they breeze right past it. Everyone enjoys stuff differently but me personally, I don't see the point in being done in a week. 
i agree, im only level 20 after a week. been taking my time getting all the crashed drones, cell phones, missing agents, doing all the side missions and so on. i never have seen the appeal of racing to max level as fast as you can in games like this, like there is some kind of imaginary prize for doing so. Now those that have, have nothing to do.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
i agree, im only level 20 after a week. been taking my time getting all the crashed drones, cell phones, missing agents, doing all the side missions and so on. i never have seen the appeal of racing to max level as fast as you can in games like this, like there is some kind of imaginary prize for doing so. Now those that have, have nothing to do.
Same here, we killed it last night man, had a lot of fun teaming up.

MandalsTV

Community Agent
I feel so incredibly behind my two friends who played a ton pre-PC nerf. They are all rolling High-End gear in every slot. Crazy to think the game was only out for a week before they nerfed PC yet a ton of people have full HE gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazzen67

I feel so incredibly behind my two friends who played a ton pre-PC nerf. They are all rolling High-End gear in every slot. Crazy to think the game was only out for a week before they nerfed PC yet a ton of people have full HE gear.
dont feel that way..everyone ends up at the same place eventually. :smile:

ScorpioSpacone

Community Member
yeah, I agree with not rushing through this game.. my friend and I are at lvl20 with about 30hrs in and are just clearing the districts out.  have about 3-4 done except for collecting all the intel, we do have most.  for the DZ, I like it for what it is now.  I'm ok with not a lot of PvP action.. the npc in the DZ is already tough enough and fun.  I'll go back to BF4/Hardline/SW if I want a lot of PvP action.  

MandalsTV

Community Agent
Yeah it just sucks because my friends are all High End gear and they don't want to play with me anymore because I'm to 'noob'.

Blazzen67

yeah, I agree with not rushing through this game.. my friend and I are at lvl20 with about 30hrs in and are just clearing the districts out.  have about 3-4 done except for collecting all the intel, we do have most.  for the DZ, I like it for what it is now.  I'm ok with not a lot of PvP action.. the npc in the DZ is already tough enough and fun.  I'll go back to BF4/Hardline/SW if I want a lot of PvP action.  
im in about the same place you are...and i agree about the DZ. had a ton of fun last night there

Pineapplelucky

dont feel that way..everyone ends up at the same place eventually. :smile:
Why feel behind?  If anything feel grateful, now while they basically have zilch to do, you can continue to enjoy the story line, group up with others who are still taking their time with things and enjoy the game.   Years (anyone recall the original release of EverQuest?) ago I use to be that "powergamer", I guess with age comes a bit of wisdom.  Slow and steady may not win any popularity prizes however you get to enjoy the scenery ;)

Blazzen67

Why feel behind?  If anything feel grateful, now while they basically have zilch to do, you can continue to enjoy the story line, group up with others who are still taking their time with things and enjoy the game.   Years (anyone recall the original release of EverQuest?) ago I use to be that "powergamer", I guess with age comes a bit of wisdom.  Slow and steady may not win any popularity prizes however you get to enjoy the scenery ;)
oh trust me, i never rush through games like this, im 30 hours in and still have a ton to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements