• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The Division Weapons - MG5 Guide (Patch 1.5 Survival)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaceful Panda

Community Veteran

The Division 1.5 Survival will contain new content, including new weapons. The weapon we are covering today is the MG5 light machine gun. In this guide we’ll talk about the general information, measurements, statistics, recommended weapon modifications, recommended weapon talents, weapon variants and the recommend class. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
So, who's tried this lmg out? while looking like another belt lmg it is far different to run with. the one I have had is the Infantry MG5, though I not sure of  the available variants. 

In previous patches the belt lmgs aren't suitable for solo, they worked well in a group with a support playing style. In solo they are slow and in likely hood you get flanked and pinned. The L86 and AK74 were more the solo play and dps playing style. Faster, pop up from cover, take em down kike a heavy AR. The MG5 is more a kin to that. I've tried it paired with Famas and they are two peas in a pod.

Anyone tried this puppy and know of better variants?

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
So, who's tried this lmg out? while looking like another belt lmg it is far different to run with. the one I have had is the Infantry MG5, though I not sure of  the available variants. 

In previous patches the belt lmgs aren't suitable for solo, they worked well in a group with a support playing style. In solo they are slow and in likely hood you get flanked and pinned. The L86 and AK74 were more the solo play and dps playing style. Faster, pop up from cover, take em down kike a heavy AR. The MG5 is more a kin to that. I've tried it paired with Famas and they are two peas in a pod.

Anyone tried this puppy and know of better variants?
Got mine from a vendor as you pointed me to. Everything except DPS is perfect about it. It’s very stable, good predictable muzzle climb, very fast RoF. Magazine size is smaller than most LMG’s except magazine fed ones but it’s still good.

With only a 117k DPS at GS256 the Time-to-Kill was, unfortunately, too high in my opinion so I’ll be on the lookout for a higher DPS version as a drop at some point.

Pros:

1)      High RoF

2)      VERY accurate in short bursts

3)      Predictable and controllable on longer bursts

Cons:

1)      Poor base DPS – version I have

2)      Half the ammo capacity than other belt-fed LMG’s

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Got mine from a vendor as you pointed me to. Everything except DPS is perfect about it. It’s very stable, good predictable muzzle climb, very fast RoF. Magazine size is smaller than most LMG’s except magazine fed ones but it’s still good.

With only a 117k DPS at GS256 the Time-to-Kill was, unfortunately, too high in my opinion so I’ll be on the lookout for a higher DPS version as a drop at some point.

Pros:

1)      High RoF

2)      VERY accurate in short bursts

3)      Predictable and controllable on longer bursts

Cons:

1)      Poor base DPS – version I have

2)      Half the ammo capacity than other belt-fed LMG’s
Yes, this is fair assessment. Soloing I find it good. In groups less so, mainly because of the time too kill.I was hoping there was a better variant than "Infantry". Soloing, it is very fast to use, with the high rof, you're not as exposed, there's more patience as you work your way up. 

quinch1199

Yes, this is fair assessment. Soloing I find it good. In groups less so, mainly because of the time too kill.I was hoping there was a better variant than "Infantry". Soloing, it is very fast to use, with the high rof, you're not as exposed, there's more patience as you work your way up. 
Odd, I find it more useful in the reverse (assuming you're in a DECENT team). Because you can put lots of rounds downfield and accurately its better at suppression than say the M60 but worse solo as T-2-K ratio solo needs to be higher so you don't get swamped or outflanked. 

Perhaps its my style of play? In a decent team that does good DPS I can use the MG5 to put down bursts of selective and accurate fire to get enemy suppressed so that my DPS dealers can advance and flank. Issue I often have with other LMG's is getting the rounds on target fast to get snipers, for example, back under cover and suppressed before they shoot. They pop up, I switch aim to them and put rounds on them before they can aim and the MG5 is better than other LMG's for doing that because of its accuracy and uses less round to do so.

That said often I'm the DPS AND Support... far too often! Which makes the MG5 a worse choice for me unfortunately. 

Hoping for other versions though. I'm sure I had a different one in PTS. 

quinch1199

I've had plenty of these drop now and not a single one has been any good. Raw DPS is always really low - GS256 and DPS figures usually between 105k & 120k. 

Not sure if this is RNG or just how the weapons are dropping deliberately. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements