• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Should exp be lost upon death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superiorpen

Community Member
For the record- I love the dark zone and I've had tons of fun in it! But the death penalty (Yes, I am aware this is being reduced) is honestly... just stupid.

While there are plenty of other games that have this system, a large majority of them do not result in the less of a level upon death (Path of Exile, for example). You would only lose progress on that level.

"But Pen! How then will solos have a chance to thrive if there is no punishment for going rogue!"

Ah... stop right there, sir! Even if you remove the chances of losing a level, you still lose exp, dark zone credits, and keys.

"Ok, but Ubisoft obviously wants going rogue to be a bit risky!"

Why? People should not have to worry about dying when they go rogue. If they are going to have to worry, at least make it EASIER to survive a manhunt. Perhaps stop the cool-down from freezing.

"But Pen! What about those who are already max level and have the best gear! They wouldn't be punished by losing their excess loot, dz credits, or keys!"

Well, this is where Ubisoft comes in. Perhaps introduce a damage negation for a period of time after going rogue? Or stop people from entering the dark zone all together for a short period of time? Losing even a single hour of grinding is ridiculous, especially for those such as I that have little free time. Every hour of grind I put into this game counts.

(If there is something I am totally overlooking and I'm an idiot... oops.)

Last edited by a moderator:

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
The one though I have on DZ xp is...when a team goes rogue, they should lose their xp (the 3k going rate) as soon as they turn rogue. If they beat out their timer, they get back double their xp. If they dont, they lose double their xp. 

So basically they use a rogue deposit of 3k, but can get either 6k back or lose 6k. That would seem like balance to me.

The player they kill should be immune to lost of any kind. This player is completely unaware and unable to protect themselves. But any player who is killed trying to client the bounty is fair game, open to the standard loses. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Offline gameplay should be standard The Division 2 General Discussion 5
Malcolm Kocinski I having dozens of problems with The Division 2 that Ubisoft should fix after the update!! The Division 2 General Discussion 0
Oh. daesu small patch for the PC client that should improve the long loading times The Division 2 News 1
Peaceful Panda What Edition Should You Pre-Order? (Tom Clancy's The Divisionâ„¢ 2) The Division 2 General Discussion 1
Oh. daesu What should I look forward to? The Division General Discussion 3
Oh. daesu Commendations, not, that should The Division General Discussion 20
Jaypeg Should I buy this game? Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 15
LIMABRAVO130 M9/92 FS doesn't sounds like it should!? Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 2
R Should these gloves be in game ?!? The Division General Discussion 7
E Why you should leave the Division The Division General Discussion 13
V How Should I Set Up My Character? (Weapon Choice etc.) Content Bunker 3
M Trading Help? Should I? The Division General Discussion 6
ThePassionateGamer Should we have weapon recalibration? The Division General Discussion 7
Z Why should I continue playing? The Division General Discussion 5
ajunior7 Should the Stash space be expanded? The Division General Discussion 22
stoifan Should i stop using my crafted HE backpack? The Division General Discussion 4
M What should you spend Phoenix Credits on? The Division General Discussion 11
C How should I tackle this game? Agent to Agent Support 6
Deep-Fried Dave What should my Spreadsheet do for you? The Division General Discussion 26
Scoop PVE rank 8 and why you should hold off! Content Bunker 13
g1nt3r The Division | Top 10 Things You Should Know The Division General Discussion 1
RimBlock Best Exp grinding mission ?. The Division 2 General Discussion 0
E Post 30 exp The Division General Discussion 7
N EXP bonus gear The Division General Discussion 0
Big Grumper Getting Lost in the White House The Division 2 General Discussion 4
genedjr PC X370 Taichi BOIS update p5.10+ lost NVME Agent to Agent Support 7
quinch1199 MSPaint saved! YouTube Editor lost! Off-Topic 5
T Xbox Live Extremely lost with getting the right gear Agent to Agent Support 6
Oh. daesu Lost Signal - Wild West The Division General Discussion 1
A PSN anyone can help me on Falcon Lost (Challenging) Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
X Lost my maps? The Division General Discussion 3
X Xbox Live XBox. Dz Zone/Falcon Lost Hard Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
X Xbox Live Falcon Lost Hard Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
H PSN First run through of Falcon Lost Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
C GUY KICKING PEOPLE BEFORE LOOT IN FALCON LOST The Division General Discussion 7
P Episode Four| Falcon Lost Agent Made Content 0
A PSN Need Help beating challenge mode Falcon Lost Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S PSN Help with Falcon Lost Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
O Xbox Live Help Whit falcon lost (hard) Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
nzouz Xbox Live Uk based players For Falcons Lost and Dark Zone fun Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
V PSN Looking for a group to do falcon lost on challenging with, 201pwr ranking,havent completed Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
K [SOLO COMPLETED] Falcon Lost Challenge Mode The Division General Discussion 5
O Xbox Live Falcon Lost Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
Addihul How Long is Round 15? - Falcon Lost The Division General Discussion 3
Y PSN Falcon Lost Challenging Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
I PSN Falcon Lost Challenging Mode Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
V3RN3TTI Xbox Live Looking for UK players to play falcon lost on Xbox one Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
I Falcon lost Challenging (Need Help) Agent to Agent Support 8
M PSN 215 gear score= striker/stamina build looking for falcon lost challenging group group Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
M PSN Falcon Lost Challenging Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1