• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Xbox Live Random groups, no mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelixOverdrive

Community Member
I've been part of a few random groupings lately & no one ever talks. Is it because they're just not using a mic? Do mics only work in parties & not in the actual game? Cause I don't even see a sound wave or a little icon appear when I try to say something.

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
Don't know why, but this does seem to be happening more often to me. I went through Lexington on Challenging with randoms the other day and not a word was spoken.  It's a little unnerving, but they mostly played OK.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Don't know why, but this does seem to be happening more often to me. I went through Lexington on Challenging with randoms the other day and not a word was spoken.  It's a little unnerving, but they mostly played OK.
What, isn't that normal? Is talking in missions even a thing? When I was young I had to walk to school through 4 feet of snow, carrying my little brother... I feel like I 'm  going to "granddad upmanship" you (there isn't a term for this but there should be).

My pug'er experience: Nowadays, no-one speaks in missions. Sometimes in incursions. Though in the DZ there is usually an effort.  My timezone is fairly multi-lingual, with everyone typically relying on English as the international language. Sometimes we all rely on the chat box to communicate, simply because not everyone's English is proficient enough. Everyone talking over the mic is really a treat for us here.

Last edited by a moderator:

HelixOverdrive

Community Member
What, isn't that normal? Is talking in missions even a thing? When I was young I had to walk to school through 4 feet of snow, carrying my little brother... I feel like I 'm  going to "granddad upmanship" you (there isn't a term for this but there should be).

My pug'er experience: Nowadays, no-one speaks in missions. Sometimes in incursions. Though in the DZ there is usually an effort.  My timezone is fairly multi-lingual, with everyone typically relying on English as the international language. Sometimes we all rely on the chat box to communicate, simply because not everyone's English is proficient enough. Everyone talking over the mic is really a treat for us here.
Maybe it's just me, but I like to communicate. I like to start getting tactical with the missions. Especially after Amherst's horrific mission

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
It's the norm. In fact I find it unusual when someone actually speaks! 

In a way it's poetic. People have run the missions so many times you exactly what to do. No communication is required. Obviously it's a different story in the DZ. 

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I'm ok with this, as long as everyone knows what they're doing and plays well.  It can be like a well-oiled machine and doesn't need chatter.  That being said, if someone does start talking I'm all for chatting it up to keep things light. 

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I'm ok with this, as long as everyone knows what they're doing and plays well.  It can be like a well-oiled machine and doesn't need chatter.  That being said, if someone does start talking I'm all for chatting it up to keep things light. 
It's like that. Tho i have Falcon Lost with low geared peeps wanting to run without the pit. Gtfi the pit is the  rigueur de jour, then. Though if i want to pug then rinse repeat is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements