• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Problems with multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RufioDynamo

Hi, I'm completely new to Division having only bought it a couple of weeks ago and so I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question. Having enjoyed the first few hours, I suggested to a friend that he buy the game too. A couple of nights ago, we were both online and he invited me to join a party. I'm level 6 and he's level 10. After completing the mission, we both fast travelled to the base of operations that he had unlocked previously in his own 'game line', so to speak. I hadn't unlocked it in mine, it was still surrounded by enemy NPCs. However, when I logged in yesterday, the base is now unlocked in my game line too. I'm relatively new to online only games, having stayed with the last generation longer than most people, but surely my game line should have remained distinct from his? It has robbed me of a sense of achievement for that whole part of the game, as I would've liked to have unlocked the base on my own, or to have invited him to join my party in order to complete whatever mission I've missed out on, if that makes sense. Is this a frequent occurrence or problem when you play multiplayer with a higher levelled up player, or is there something else that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yes, teaming up you would have unlocked or discovered the safehouse. I'm not sure how determintal to the story line that is, as ymmv.

Safehouses aren't significant to the story line. You may have done a story line mission. The game story isn't that linear, so don't swaet it. You can redo story missions and echo points are still there.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
@RufioDynamo, first welcome to the forums and the game.  Second, I suggest that everyone complete their 1st playthru solo or at the same level in tandem with the same player, either of these options allow you to enjoy the story & lore as well as not have moments like you experienced.  Yes, once you hit level 30 you'll repeat missions as part of end-game content (and all the story mission if you have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th toon), the first time is great to see at your own pace and without rushing.  

RufioDynamo

Thanks for the reply. Your advice is helpful and appreciated. When I had just played a few hours, I had found some main- & side-missions quite difficult, and that's why I thought it would be good to try multiplayer. But now that I'm starting to get better gear & equipment, as well as skills and perks, I'm finding it easier to plan and now I'm quite happy to progress through the game at my own pace. Hopefully in a few months, I'll be ready for the DLC and expansions. Looking forward to experiencing that too.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Yeah, if you find the story missions too hard, you can replay past story missions or play the side missions to try and get better gear.  Also, explore the buildings and alleys in the areas you're in, they usually have gear that can help you out.  

genedjr

Community Elite
Story missions are hard and kinda expected to be the last thing you do in that "district".  Once you get to the safe house (or Base of Operations) make sure to visit the situation board and JTF guy.  That will place the encounters and side missions on your map.  Do those first and you'll have enough power to complete the story missions.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Story missions are hard and kinda expected to be the last thing you do in that "district".  Once you get to the safe house (or Base of Operations) make sure to visit the situation board and JTF guy.  That will place the encounters and side missions on your map.  Do those first and you'll have enough power to complete the story missions.

...gene
^ This!

Status
Not open for further replies.