• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

oldGamerGene reporting

genedjr

Community Elite
Well I will be, I never did an intro.

OldGamerGene here and as the name implies I am probably one of the oldest gamers around as a babyboomer.  I mostly game in the evenings mountain time and usually solo.  I game with my son at least once a week and we have been focused on TD since Christmas of 2016.  We did stray for Destiny 2, but not for long as TD continues to get better and better.

I started as the resident N00B, but I have learned alot.  And all the help I received was much appreciated.

I am a car guy - do my own cars repairs - long distance (state hopping) MC rider - enterprise IT pro - PC enthusiast - and of course PC gamer.

My first video game was Pong, in a bar - I hate thinking of all the quarters dropped on that game alone.  We purchased just about every console that came out as my kids grew up.  And I think I still have an Atari in the garage.  First on-line game was Phantasy Star on-line. But the game shark hackers destroyed the entire platform.  So now PC Gaming, my TD experience is now over 1000 hours.  (I also have over 4000 hours on Borderlands 2.)  I also play Fallout 3/4, serious sam, and others - but TD mostly.  And if you're really old - I was Sirrec, of the watchers in Everquest.

I look forward to more TD and TD2.  This is a great game.

...gene

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
Well I will be, I never did an intro.

OldGamerGene here and as the name implies I am probably one of the oldest gamers around as a babyboomer.  I mostly game in the evenings mountain time and usually solo.  I game with my son at least once a week and we have been focused on TD since Christmas of 2016.  We did stray for Destiny 2, but not for long as TD continues to get better and better.

I started as the resident N00B, but I have learned alot.  And all the help I received was much appreciated.

I am a car guy - do my own cars repairs - long distance (state hopping) MC rider - enterprise IT pro - PC enthusiast - and of course PC gamer.

My first video game was Pong, in a bar - I hate thinking of all the quarters dropped on that game alone.  We purchased just about every console that came out as my kids grew up.  And I think I still have an Atari in the garage.  First on-line game was Phantasy Star on-line. But the game shark hackers destroyed the entire platform.  So now PC Gaming, my TD experience is now over 1000 hours.  (I also have over 4000 hours on Borderlands 2.)  I also play Fallout 3/4, serious sam, and others - but TD mostly.  And if you're really old - I was Sirrec, of the watchers in Everquest.

I look forward to more TD and TD2.  This is a great game.

...gene
Christ Almighty, 1000 hours?! I only got 323!

I used to go to a career center where my old AFJROTC Squardon was at where I did automotive stuff. Before I went in there, I didn't even know what the hell a brake caliper was. Under the supervision of a Master Technician, my knowledge greatly expanded. Defiantly more into cars now. Got any repair horror stories?

genedjr

Community Elite
As you may not have noticed, I stopped playing TD2 pretty much in Aug 2019.  The game just got way too bullet spongy and the risk/reward well, for me sucked.  But now, I am back...

So far, with the latest DLC - NYC is looking good.  And its very playable, fun - even the old DC content is very different, fun.  Oh yeah, it's fun 😁.  I am still figuring out the mechanics, but like the overall game theory.  And pistols still work!

So my son and I are back.  See you soon Agents!

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
As you may not have noticed, I stopped playing TD2 pretty much in Aug 2019.  The game just got way too bullet spongy and the risk/reward well, for me sucked.  But now, I am back...

So far, with the latest DLC - NYC is looking good.  And its very playable, fun - even the old DC content is very different, fun.  Oh yeah, it's fun 😁.  I am still figuring out the mechanics, but like the overall game theory.  And pistols still work!

So my son and I are back.  See you soon Agents!

...gene
Hope things are going well.

Actually the biggest complaint in the lastest release is the bullet sponges, and purple drops

Haven't been able to log in since the Coney Island so can't verify. 

genedjr

Community Elite
Well, I am back!
The last few months I have really been getting back in to TD2 - TU9 seems to have really lowered the bullet-sponginess of the NPCs, but its still a problem. And I really like the TU10/11 updates and I am looking forward to the Summit changes in TU11.1.

I generally play every evening for a while, look for OldGamerGene.
See you in game agents!
...gene