• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

NYC Trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
Alrighty, next week I'll be attending The Eleventh HOPE conference in NYC.  I'll be a stone's throw from Madison Square Garden, which means a stone's slingshot from the Farley Post Off--er, the BoO.  Obviously I'll be getting pictures of that, but while I'm there, any requests?

(I will now duck as suggestions to dress like a cleaner and/or chase down random people yelling "RAARGH! They got Alex!" come my way)

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Could you find out how I get that echo under the UN building whilst you're there please? lol!

Ohhh.... and people think Pokemon Go is a new thing, I think we're inventing The Division Go ... collect photos of all the Manhattan buildings that are in the game. 

Except the Chrysler building ... no idea why that isn't in the game!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
An explorer, a questioner, someone who makes things work in ways never intended.  Any mechanic can screw you over, but not all mechanics are criminals, that sort of thing.  

For a full explanation, grab the summer issue of 2600 at Barnes & Noble.  I'm under a different name, but that's my "Hacker Perspective" article.

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
Arright, down here in southern CT about to hop on the train in a few hours.  Oh, and I had packed my PS4 last night...then promptly forgot it.  FUUUUUUUUUUUU--oh well lol I'll miss a few dailies BUT! I'll be in the heart of the greatest metropolis on Earth.

Transmissions jammed.  Proximity coverage only.

Backup activated.  System rebooted.

Warning: Now entering Dark Zone.

(and hopefully Discord lol)

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! 

Does make you appreciate how much work went into for the in-game environments doesn't it. 

RaneMokeev

Sh*t St*rrer
And just like that, our trip into the city is over. Granted, having lived the first 26 years of my life an hour outside the city, it wasn't exactly a new experience. But, going back after playing the game, holy crap...I can honestly say they did an amazing job of capturing both the look and feel of it all.  Mostly it's the little things...the car parks where you'd find tools (pictured above), the garages where you'd encounter rioters...etc etc etc.  Hell, even the shop with smashed windows where I grab some fabric after leaving the BoO is there.  The windows are the same, just not smashed! :p

I've got a couple more pictures to post up later.  Nothing too great--never did get that shot of me kneeling behind a barricade.  Ah well, next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements