• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My friends are dropping off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
Seems like my friends are slowly going back to Destiny while I am not sure where I fall. I seem to be at that point where I am too high to enjoy the three dailies but too low to even still do the Incursion or battle all the DZ'ers that can... so we all fall in some limbo.

Not sure how to move forward as I only really get one night a week anyway :/  I do wish that the bracket gap in DZ was tighter as it seems there are two types of fights in the dark zone... either you kill someone in two shots or they kill you in two shots. Heh. Doesn't really promote a healthy MP environment.

ShootFirstPodcast

Community Agent
Seems like my friends are slowly going back to Destiny while I am not sure where I fall. I seem to be at that point where I am too high to enjoy the three dailies but too low to even still do the Incursion or battle all the DZ'ers that can... so we all fall in some limbo.

Not sure how to move forward as I only really get one night a week anyway :/  I do wish that the bracket gap in DZ was tighter as it seems there are two types of fights in the dark zone... either you kill someone in two shots or they kill you in two shots. Heh. Doesn't really promote a healthy MP environment.
Keep in mind that what you say is that your friends are "going back to" Destiny.  I think that everyone will end up seeing that this game (and Destiny/Overwatch/etc) have the ability to pull you back between all of them with each of their new updates.  Destiny just had a lot of new things arrive, and so everyone's checking that out.  Overwatch is dropping.. so everyone will also check that out.. And then all the chatter will rise up about the new Division update and people will come back to that.  Each update for each of these games will come out with a big swing to get us, as the audience, to look their way.

On the subject of the Dark Zone, I think the new bracket structure will probably increase your standard of living in there.  Same with your friends, too; as well as the fact that there's so much more to do in the game other than the Dark Zone after this update.  I'd venture to say your friends will be back shortly, especially after you see how great the update is and start talking about it.  ;)

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Games in this genre aren't really aimed at "one night a week" players at all. That's not to say you can't enjoy it, but those that put in more time will see better results. In most cases, the players that see the game as "unfair" or "imbalanced" fall into your category exclusively. Destiny has had a much more time for players to grind out builds/stats than this game has, and as such is far easier to be better at right now, leading to players going back where they feel "strong". Give the division that same time, and you'll see it working oppositely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Xbox Live Rookie seeks friends Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
T Xbox Live Looking for friends to do anything and everything in The Division Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
quinch1199 Wildlands with Friends - the best and worse of times! Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 3
U Need some Division friends, serious and competitive Introduce Yourself 2
H PC Looking for friends:) Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S Xbox Live Casual/motivated player looking for solid FUN friends! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 17
R PSN Need more friends to play online with Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
W PSN Friends to play with! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
B PSN Looking for new PSN friends for nightly Incursion/DZ runs Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
S PSN Looking for more PSN friends! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 8
X Xbox Live New to the game level 8 need to make friends for missions and DZ Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 5
Xeromaus I'm really proud of this, and no online friends atm... The Division General Discussion 34
quinch1199 PC Unable to add friends ... still (PC) Agent to Agent Support 1
D PSN Finding friends to play in group Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
K PSN Looking for some adult friends to game with Ps4 Est. Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
B Xbox Live Looking for new friends to play with Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
G PSN Looking for Friends Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
R Followers showing up as friends The Division General Discussion 0
F PSN Looking for friends just started Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 3
S PSN Casual Player Needing Friends! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
K Xbox Live Looking for friends for Release Date Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
Tinkkz How to get your friends updated Archived Podcasts 6
B Having Fun with Friends in The Division Agent Made Content 1
K Items not dropping from HVT? The Division General Discussion 6
S DZ bosses still dropping named weapons?? The Division General Discussion 8
Malcolm Kocinski The Division 2 is 85% Off Right Now from GameRant.com The Division 2 News 0
Malcolm Kocinski The Division 2 Director Asks Fans If They Want A Single-Player, Story-Driven Spin-Off The Division 2 News 1
Malcolm Kocinski The Division 2 Director Polls Fans on Single-Player Spin Off from GameRant.com The Division 2 News 1
Vinylbunny Finish me off with an emote The Division 2 General Discussion 3
X Double Barrel vs Sawed Off The Division 2 General Discussion 2
Oh. daesu Consoles. Specs off pause Off-Topic 5
RockSteel PC I would like to turn off auto vaulting of obstacles Agent to Agent Support 5
quinch1199 50% off at Humble - The Division The Division News 0
Peaceful Panda The Division Weapon Guide - Sawed-Off Shotgun and Defiler (Statistics & Variants) Content Bunker 0
Blazzen67 81% drop off on PC?!?! The Division General Discussion 6
Legendary Agent DPS is pissing me off. permanently lost dps. The Division General Discussion 15
J still no sawed off shotgun ps4 WTF ?!?! The Division General Discussion 7
E Sawed Off Shotgun Reloading Issues The Division General Discussion 1
B PSN PS4 sawed off shotgun sidearm missing Agent to Agent Support 2
B PSN PS4 sawed off shotgun sidearm missing Agent to Agent Support 6
ItsGamerDoc Weapon-List & DPS Range Drop off Agent Made Content 2
Scoop PVE rank 8 and why you should hold off! Content Bunker 13
Yobro2626 Definetly off topic Off-Topic 5