• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My first DZ caches

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
I don't do DZ much these days because it really is only fun in doses these days to spice things up. But rolled with a random last night that did the incursions with me and really just ventured 01-04. I did get two green caches but nothing great from either... single green 214 item so I gave the other guy one of them since he didn't get any (unless he lied. lol). So far underwhelmed by caches... just drop the item.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
Ohhhh... I have been skipping the purple ones but good point. I guess I don't worry about Div Tech much because I don't even find crafting to be worth it much anymore and I can't afford any blueprints from the DZ. I mean... it isn't even close so I don't bother saving for them or even worrying about DZ funds.

ShootFirstPodcast

Community Agent
Keep in mind that DZ05-DZ06 are supposed to be where that stuff drops like hot cakes, and is supposed to be all on the higher end as far as gear goes.  You're supposed to think of it like 01-04 is more of a "Hard Mode Dark Zone" while 05-06 is a "Challenge Mode Dark Zone".

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
Ohhhh... I have been skipping the purple ones but good point. I guess I don't worry about Div Tech much because I don't even find crafting to be worth it much anymore and I can't afford any blueprints from the DZ. I mean... it isn't even close so I don't bother saving for them or even worrying about DZ funds.
So you can't get enough money to buy anything, so you don't pick up money?  Maybe it is the other way around.  I have had to grind quite a while (3-4 evenings worth) to buy decent blueprints, and the best way to do it is extracting and opening caches--of all colors.

MurphDog6

Rogue Hunter
Quick point in the caches. You will notice a range of how many dz funds you will receive from opening. Don't know the exact numbers but if your dz funds range from around 3500-5500 funds on a teal sealed cache the item will be GS 240 (collected from dz 05-06) the less the funds the less the GS of the item received. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Supposedly you can use the info below to see what the GS of the item will be based on the cache color and DZ funds range:

* Sealed Cache Yellow, [3502-4280] Dark Zone Funds = Gear Score 204 item
* Sealed Cache Yellow, [3289-4017] Dark Zone Funds = Gear Score 182 item
* Sealed Cache Green, [3502-4280] Dark Zone Funds = Gear Score 240 item
* Sealed Cache Green, [3289-4017] Dark Zone Funds = Gear Score 214 item

I'm not sure about purple caches, but they're really for the DZ funds and mats.  

NOTE: For those that don't know, yellow HE caches are supposedly glitched (like the DZ chests) and they're giving low GS items.  This should be fixed as part of the 1.3 patch.  

There's video that goes into this in detail (way too much detail??) near the end of this article:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/70710-division-tell-sealed-cache/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.