• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My First Attempt at Incursion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
So I decided, for sh!ts and giggles, to try my hand at the Incursion this past weekend. Our first attempt, it didn't go well in that one guy didn't have a mic, I was the highest gear level (180), and no one had done it before.

In one way, it was cool to see how things play out without any help. In another way... it was a massacre. Lol. Got to wave 4. Next run, lost two of the guys and got a vet guy who had done it a couple times. Our single run, we got to wave 11. Was a good times but all had to disband after that attempt. Really would love to try and walk through with people that run it on the regular, though. Still... good times.

HHHope

Community Veteran
Hard is pretty easy at this point, communication and having a strategy going into it is all it takes. 

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Hard is pretty easy at this point, communication and having a strategy going into it is all it takes. 
yeah, running with 2 or 3 players in hard mode would be pretty comfy at this point, and 4 just seems like overkill.

However, we have no issues taking on the elites in hard mode one on one, run with mics, use them constantly, and know whats coming. That just might have something to do with it.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
What we got hung up on in wave 11 was the guy with the bomb wouldn't move. He just stayed in his corner and did nothing. So we had to run to him and I guess it was bad timing because once we did, the underground bunker area got rushed and we got taken down up top.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
What we got hung up on in wave 11 was the guy with the bomb wouldn't move. He just stayed in his corner and did nothing. So we had to run to him and I guess it was bad timing because once we did, the underground bunker area got rushed and we got taken down up top.
Chasing them out with well placed grenades works sometimes, but usually there will be 2-3 bomb carriers that way. Our squad finds it better to just kill them where they are, then send one person to go get the bomb after we clear out other npcs around it. Once you get used to the layout/pathing of the place, it's not so bad.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I just could not even imagine running it on anything other than PC. So much accuracy required...

Addihul

Community Agent
I've always wondered how consolers are completing content at or on par with PC. Especially in big games like ESO where big raid environments require not just hella coordination and strategy, but carefully planned and executed damage rotations, placement and the like. Hats off to the console crew who somehow are getting it done with ease. I'm spoiled with my precision mouse.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
I've always wondered how consolers are completing content at or on par with PC. Especially in big games like ESO where big raid environments require not just hella coordination and strategy, but carefully planned and executed damage rotations, placement and the like. Hats off to the console crew who somehow are getting it done with ease. I'm spoiled with my precision mouse.
Extremely high precision is a double edged sword...you may get a few more hits when you get it spot on, but you also get a few more misses when you don't. As to the damage rotations, we can use a keyboard or keypad in conjunction with our controllers if we have to, or even a mouse/keyboard setup in place of our controllers. It takes a bit of doing, but it can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

g1nt3r

Death Otter
I too wonder this... never actually thought about games like ESO, that's interesting.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
I stopped using my PC a LONG time ago for FPS games. I don't care enough about K/D for it to matter. Still my go-to box for RTS games, though. Console hasn't yet found a way to make that as enjoyable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.