• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My current build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Hey, you seem to have a mix of gearsets, gear pieces of the same set give you bonuses(your chest and knees are the same) . Think about your play style and build around that. 

You can recalibrate gear and weapon talents... weapon talents are only unlocked with the right amount of stamina, firepower etc your lmg for example has one unlocked.

keep playing, get that gear and have fun playing with different gear sets. The good thing now is you have loadouts so you can jump in and out depending on how you want to play.

skillhaste(be it mods or rolled on your gear) is your friend, enemy armour damage and damage to elite stats rolled into you gear attributes or mods will really assist you putting them down, but this is for PVE.

Enjoy...

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Like @Jaypeg said, determine what your play style is and collect matching gear for your play style.  If you're not sure what works, let us know how you like to play and we can suggest sets to go for.  There's really a science to making builds that work and maximize the strengths while covering the weaknesses.  

Also, when you're making a build, you want to try and use some combination of 2, 3 and 4 pieces of a set to get the bonuses (unless you're using classified gear then you'd be looking at 5 or 6 pieces).  You can also mix in some high end (gold) and exotic (reddish/salmon) pieces with sets for variety.  

As for stats, I personally have found the best mix for me is to have 3-4 pieces set in firearms, 1-2 in electronics and 1 in stamina.  I'll then put my gear mods into stamina which will usually get me between 3800-4000 for stamina so I can use the weapon talents I want.  If you want to go a more skill build or support role, swap my firearms and electronics numbers and go 3-4 in electronics and 1-2 in firearms.  Either if these should get you around 300-320k in toughness and should be viable.  Which route you take will again depend on what kind of play style you have.  

The last comments I have are on weapons.  I try to pair a range weapon (AR, DMR/sniper) with a close quarters weapon (shotgun, LMG, SMG) so I can have something that works both long and short range - the only exception is when I run AlphaBridge (AB) which requires your primary and secondary to be the same type to get the benefits.  This is how I like to play, but it's up to you.  I would at at least mix weapon types to that you're not using two weapons from the same ammo pool (unless running AB).  

Also, make sure that you either have you're stats set so all of your weapon talents are active (white) or recalibrate inactive (gray) ones until they become active.  A weapon can have really good stats (ROF, DMG, bonus) but if you don't have all 3 talents unlocked it's not as useful as a weapon with slightly lesser stats but all the talents unlocked.  

Not sure if you're on Twitter or not, but there's a streamer MattGoesBuck that is fantastic with builds and is always willing to help people put things together that will work, his Twitter handle us @MattGoesBuck.  You can also search YT for build videos and will probably find TONS of them.  Some of my favorite builds are from MarcoStyle, SkillUp, Arekkz and rxylaT.  Those guys would probably be more than willing to help and can be reached either by Twitter or their YT channels. 

Handsum-puppy

Community Member
Like @Jaypeg said, determine what your play style is and collect matching gear for your play style.  If you're not sure what works, let us know how you like to play and we can suggest sets to go for.  There's really a science to making builds that work and maximize the strengths while covering the weaknesses.  

Also, when you're making a build, you want to try and use some combination of 2, 3 and 4 pieces of a set to get the bonuses (unless you're using classified gear then you'd be looking at 5 or 6 pieces).  You can also mix in some high end (gold) and exotic (reddish/salmon) pieces with sets for variety.  

As for stats, I personally have found the best mix for me is to have 3-4 pieces set in firearms, 1-2 in electronics and 1 in stamina.  I'll then put my gear mods into stamina which will usually get me between 3800-4000 for stamina so I can use the weapon talents I want.  If you want to go a more skill build or support role, swap my firearms and electronics numbers and go 3-4 in electronics and 1-2 in firearms.  Either if these should get you around 300-320k in toughness and should be viable.  Which route you take will again depend on what kind of play style you have.  

The last comments I have are on weapons.  I try to pair a range weapon (AR, DMR/sniper) with a close quarters weapon (shotgun, LMG, SMG) so I can have something that works both long and short range - the only exception is when I run AlphaBridge (AB) which requires your primary and secondary to be the same type to get the benefits.  This is how I like to play, but it's up to you.  I would at at least mix weapon types to that you're not using two weapons from the same ammo pool (unless running AB).  

Also, make sure that you either have you're stats set so all of your weapon talents are active (white) or recalibrate inactive (gray) ones until they become active.  A weapon can have really good stats (ROF, DMG, bonus) but if you don't have all 3 talents unlocked it's not as useful as a weapon with slightly lesser stats but all the talents unlocked.  

Not sure if you're on Twitter or not, but there's a streamer MattGoesBuck that is fantastic with builds and is always willing to help people put things together that will work, his Twitter handle us @MattGoesBuck.  You can also search YT for build videos and will probably find TONS of them.  Some of my favorite builds are from MarcoStyle, SkillUp, Arekkz and rxylaT.  Those guys would probably be more than willing to help and can be reached either by Twitter or their YT channels. 
To be honest i dont really know my play style. Im a solo player and just like shooting stuff

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Go with this:

Vigorous chest, resoruceful backpack, D3-FBC for rest.  Use an SMG for primary and LMG secondary.  Spec 1 piece into stamina, 2 into firearms and 3 into electronics.  For skills use booster shot, ballistic shield and recovery link.  Use all your stat mods in stamina and skill mods into ballistic shield mods.  

Handsum-puppy

Community Member
Go with this:

Vigorous chest, resoruceful backpack, D3-FBC for rest.  Use an SMG for primary and LMG secondary.  Spec 1 piece into stamina, 2 into firearms and 3 into electronics.  For skills use booster shot, ballistic shield and recovery link.  Use all your stat mods in stamina and skill mods into ballistic shield mods.  
Cheers for that buddy. I accidentally deleted my agent earlier when i should have deleted my lvl 2 agent but when i get back to 256 i shall make this build

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Cheers for that buddy. I accidentally deleted my agent earlier when i should have deleted my lvl 2 agent but when i get back to 256 i shall make this build
OUCH! :3_grin:

Also what are stat mods and skill mods. Im a total noob lol
Stat modes are the ones that increase your stats plus some other attribute (e.g. +162 firearms + 3125 health). These are on Chest Piece, Mask, Kneed pads, Backpack.

Skill mods are the ones that boost your skills. (e.g. +4% turret damage). These are Knee Pads, Backpack, and Holster.

Handsum-puppy

Community Member
Go with this:

What talents do i use

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
What talents do i use
A lot of that depends on whether or not you want to be a tank that does damage or a tank that's more bullet-sponge and support.  The weapon talents are kind of split between ones that enhance your ability to do damage (bonus damage to enemies, increased headshot damage, increased crit chance, etc.) and those that help support (help with cool downs, enhance skills, etc.).  

Handsum-puppy

Community Member
A lot of that depends on whether or not you want to be a tank that does damage or a tank that's more bullet-sponge and support.  The weapon talents are kind of split between ones that enhance your ability to do damage (bonus damage to enemies, increased headshot damage, increased crit chance, etc.) and those that help support (help with cool downs, enhance skills, etc.).  
I want to be a tank that damages plz

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Look into the following talents: fierce, unforgiving, stable, accurate, destructive, balanced, ferocious, swift, brutal, vicious and deadly.  Some of those help aim (the more you hit the more DPS you do) and some help the actual damage you do.  Check out this site for what each is:

http://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapon+Talents

Something to note, the talents have skill requirements (firearms, stamina, electronics), so be aware of what those are when you spec your gear.  Makes no sense to put a bunch of talents on your weapons if you don't have the stats to unlock them.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
This is confusing me buddy. Can you elaborate further please. Are these the prototype mods you get from vendors
You can get stamina, firearms and electronic mods, they drop, you can buy them or you can use a blueprint... e.g. Firearms with skill haste. These help boost your main stats plus the extra % on the additional stat(i.e. skill haste).

you can also get performance mods(4) and add to your build. The special weapons vendor is selling shield damage mods. You would use these on a shield build. Eg extra 4 x 4% shield damage , For more damage.

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
This is confusing me buddy. Can you elaborate further please. Are these the prototype mods you get from vendors
Look at below, on my sentry build I've added 4 x stamina mods(that have damage to elites).This allows me to use my weapon talents because I've matched the requirements i.e you need 3832 stamina for destructive to work. Without the mods I would be under.

and I'm using 4 x shield damage.

What's your build looking like?

IMG_4449.PNG

Handsum-puppy

Community Member
Look at below, on my sentry build I've added 4 x stamina mods(that have damage to elites).This allows me to use my weapon talents because I've matched the requirements i.e you need 3832 stamina for destructive to work. Without the mods I would be under.

and I'm using 4 x shield damage.

What's your build looking like?

View attachment 1413
Not good at moment as only just hit 256. Im grinding the intel and saving the caches till i have a load. Will post a pic when im finished

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Sorry I haven’t responded sooner, but @Jaypeg did a pretty good job of explaining this.  Quick recap - there’s two types of gear mods stat (firearms, stamina, electronics) and skill (seeker mine, ballistic shield, support station, etc.).  If I remember right, you get 4 stat mod slots and 5 skill mod slots on your gear.

Spec the stats on your pieces as I suggested above and then use stamina stat mods on all your stat slots and anything that’s for ballistic shield in your skill slots.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements