• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Mods and Attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
Mods and attachments are taking up WAY too much room in my backpack. What tricks do you guys have to limit them? Plus do people use Performance Mods over the core firearm/stamina/engineering mods?

Addihul

Community Agent
I keep about 10 guns in my stash that consist of named weapons (for collection), and other guns i use on occasion or have good stat rolls but rarely use. All the mods I'm not using go in to those guns and then are placed back in my stash. They are not placed in the guns with any thought. They are just tossed on to the guns and put back in the stash so that it will free up inventory space. I do the same with the armor mods. Put them in gear you're saving.. they are best used on those 192-240 greens you aren't using yet but have a mod slot in. Toss in extra armor mods even if they aren't ideal, then toss the item back in the stash.

Also at some point you will need to decide that some of those mods are just junk and need to be deconned. For instance you have 3 weapon dmg mags you are keeping and only 1 is 14%. Ditch the lowest one, etc.

shootinxs76

Community Veteran
I basically try to keep the best gun I have in each weapon type.  One (or two because I'm partial to them) SMG, 1 assault rifle, 1 sniper rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 LMG in my backpack.  I have some other ones that I keep in my stash for a rainy day.

Then I strip all of them down so there is nothing on them.  I then take my primary weapon that I use the most.  Right now its the 204 AUG.  I get that weapon modded up first using the best mods I have in my inventory.  Then I move to my secondary weapon which for me in most situations is the sniper rifle. I then mod that out the same way using the best stuff I can not including whats already on my AUG.  (Be wary of the accuracy stats on weapons mods because they boost DPS but don't really give you much in the way of actual physical damage while killing someone)

From there I decide which weapon I would go to next if I get in a situation where I run out of either SMG ammo or sniper rifle ammo in the middle of a firefight.  For me its the assault rifle.  So I move to the AR and put the next best weapons mods I have on that.  If I get in a situation where I run out of ammo I can take cover and as quickly as possible swap out my SMG for the AR and keep fighting.

By that point I'm pretty much out of useful mods containing crit damage and chance stats so the rest get broken down into materials for crafting.  Tools as crafting materials seem to always be in short supply for me so I get as many as I can.

Once that is done after any run that I get mods I just wuickly cycle through those three weapons to see if any of them can better my DPS.  If not I break them down immediately.  My backpack really never has more than 20-25 items in it.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
What weapon wins if they are identical weapon types?

1) Weapon with higher DPS and high DMG but worse abilities

2) Weapon with lower DPS and lower DMG but better abilities

The change isn't drastic... lets say the difference between a 182 and a 204. Does Deadly + Vicious win every time?

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
I only carry 4 guns

Fully modded shotgun

Fully modded assault rifle

Fully modded marksman rifle

Fully modded smg

Any extra mods I obtain ill see if they improve stats on any of the guns and if not they are dismantled.

I carry the above fully modded incase i run out of ammo in the field at least i can fall back on something if needed.

ESGN

Community Veteran

The change isn't drastic... lets say the difference between a 182 and a 204. Does Deadly + Vicious win every time?
ive got a couple 204 smg with deadly and vicious, but i still use my 182 vector with deadly and brutal. slightly lower base dmg, usually around 1-2k less, but the crit hs dmg is about 20-25k higher.

shootinxs76

Community Veteran

go to the shooting range in the BoO and try each of them with the same mods to see which one does more actual damage.

Dr Luigi Phd

Community Agent
I keep about 10 guns in my stash that consist of named weapons (for collection), and other guns i use on occasion or have good stat rolls but rarely use. All the mods I'm not using go in to those guns and then are placed back in my stash. They are not placed in the guns with any thought. They are just tossed on to the guns and put back in the stash so that it will free up inventory space. I do the same with the armor mods. Put them in gear you're saving.. they are best used on those 192-240 greens you aren't using yet but have a mod slot in. Toss in extra armor mods even if they aren't ideal, then toss the item back in the stash.

Also at some point you will need to decide that some of those mods are just junk and need to be deconned. For instance you have 3 weapon dmg mags you are keeping and only 1 is 14%. Ditch the lowest one, etc.
I used to get tons of mods running in the DZ and have 1 of just about every weapon in the game decked out with the mods that work best for it based on my testing in the shooting range. I get tired of running the same gun all the time and think its fun to break out a SA-58 to run a daily HVT or an M60 for hard mission. I have no weapons in my backpack or stash that have no attachments because I like to keep the weapon skins anyway and I might as well store them on a gun since it takes up the same amount of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.