• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Items not dropping from HVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
So this weekend, my friend and I are playing and running the daily HVT missions... after half of them, they stop dropping for him (I am the one spending my Intel to do the missions)

The next day, three of us are playing and, it drops for me and the new player but not the guy I played with the day before. Round 2, the new guy starts the missions and again, it drops for both of us but not the old friend. He then kicks on off and it drops for all three of us. He kicks off the second and it drops for him, but not me or the new guy.

Is there something I am missing with how drops work?

who-dat

Community Agent
What items are you talking about, boss drops during HVTs?

i have yet to get a drop re-running the HVTs with my friends to help them clear the mission...

supercat

Fashion Recon
People in ubisoft forums been complaining about this too.

Some guess it was because of JTF in the area stealing your kills, causing reward not dropping although it's considered a success.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I would suspect it is because you have not hit the boss before he got killed.

I have had solid drops on all but 1 HVT and that time the person I was will killed the boss before I could shoot at him.  Nothing dropped for me.

Personally I think this is a silly system for missions like HVT and the PvE missions as why would a participant not be entitled to loot playing as a team if they do not specifically hit the boss.  

It also promotes everyone gunning for the boss as soon as they appear and sometimes leaving the supporting role which causes others to get killed and so no loot for them.

I think it is reasonable, however, for roaming bosses (DZ etc) where there is no real way to work out who is fighting and who is just standing around.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
I'll look into that. Part of me really doubts it because there are three of us and sometimes two of us get no drops... also it seems that the person paying for the mission seemed to always get the item drop. But I haven't tested that part out and will make sure to do so now. thanks for the suggestion.

On one side, I can understand. you play with a group of rands and one guy just stays back at the base of jumps in last minute but doesn't do anything... but yeah, more cases than not it works against actual players than works against people working the system.

ShootFirstPodcast

Community Agent
This is a known bug on the Ubisoft Forums.  Supposed to be fixed tomorrow.  Basically; some of the Daily HVT's aren't resetting for everyone.  Darcy and I play the exact same stuff, so technically our Dailies should look exactly the same.. but for instance last night there were some showing completed or me (when I hadn't played yet that day) and some of those weren't showing completed yet for her and vice versa.

[UPDATED] [Gameplay] Daily High Value Targets reset

Type of bug: Gameplay
Name of bug: Daily High Value Targets reset
Description: We are aware of an issue where daily High Value Targets may not reset properly. This is due to the client not updating when the player is ingame at the reset time.
Is an exploit: No
Potential workaround: N/A
Current status: Will be fixed on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.