• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

ISSUES: 1.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Reports of some new issues with the latest update, would appreciate if we're finding the same issues:

1) Sluggish movement - movement speed and change of direction appears delayed and slower than before the update

2) Stat boost glitch - changing loadouts artificially appears to be boosting stats SIGNIFICANTLY. Unclear if this is due to UI false reporting the increased stats or an actual increase.

2) RPM & Haste glitch - more significant than ever... I don't believe anyone on this forums knows how to activate it and I don't want anyone to try but keep your eyes open as they seem to have found a work around. 

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
UPDATE:

Whilst these were acknowledged by Massive on Twitter I have so far experienced none of the reported issues. 

EDIT - My (educated?) assumptions regarding the issues being reported are that the movement issues are mainly on console. Hence my assumption is they're caused by Server Load. 

Massive announce a patch to fix RPM Glitch. This encourages far more "sleeper" players to log in after the patch to play because...no unfair ganking anymore...majority of the player base are on Console...hence the console connected servers get a large, unexpected hit. 

Ubisoft servers are NOTORIOUS for being bad. Hence the movement issues are very likely latency related (not "Lag" as such). 

As a PC player I've not experienced ANY of these issues, I'm not even sure if the RPM Glitch was a thing on PC? Having never encountered it, I can't say.  What I can say is I have not experienced any sluggish movement animations, no delay in making sharp turns in the LZ for example. There is always a moment of juddery movement when first entering a high population area such as the DZ (which they've deliberately covered up by going through that "ISAC Reboot" thing) or when entering the HUB by walking out the tunnel. 

There are issues where I run around a corner, my HUD tells me there are enemies but the game hasn't rendered them yet...that's a mix of my PC perhaps not writing fast enough and server latency potentially but nothing I would think could or SHOULD be imposed on Massive to fix. 

It just seems to be quite often that those that shout the loudest and complain the most have the least knowledge about how online MMO's work at a coding level or how computers work and the limitations of certain hardware. 

Ultimately if you own a Console you are NOT running with the best optimised equipment, you are NOT using the fastest processors, you are NOT going to get flawless gaming performance with games that have to constantly move from Muliplayer to Single Player environments. 

Games like COD or Battlefield are always Multiplayer...you can't seemlessly move from the Single Player game into playing a Multiplayer match! Why? Because you're hardware isn't up to it so they haven't written the game around it. 

Unfortunately The Division has tried to do that, it works fine on PC but as the build of the game increases, more patches are added, more environments are added Console hardware increasingly struggles to keep up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements