• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Info that might help you with deciding between Crit Hit Dmg & Weapon or HS dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolliday324

Community Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4lt03y/critical_hit_damage_vs_weapon_damage_vs_headshot/

I released an article digging into / comparing weapon damage, headshot damage and critical hit damage. The tl;dr version is that Critical Hit Damage is worthwhile over flat weapon damage by a long shot and over percentage weapon damage or headshot damage only if you have invested in critical hit chance. If you haven't invested in critical hit chance and don't run pulse constantly, then you are better off with +% weapon / headshot damage bonuses.The equations I used are below and more details about them can be found on http://divisionfieldguide.com/post/2016/05/hitting-big-with-weapon-critical-hit-damage/

Weapon damage

PhysicalDamage = (BaseWeaponDamage * Max(0.5, WeaponDamageBaseModBonus + PrimaryOffensiveCalc) + WeaponTypeDamageModCalc) * Max(0, (1 + WeaponDamageModBonus + SmartCoverDamageBonus - EnemySmartCoverDamageReduction))

Headshot damage

DamageMultiplierHead = (Weapon.DamageMultiplierHead + WeaponDamageMultiplierHeadFlatBonus + WeaponDamageMultiplierHeadDefaultFlatBonus) * Max(0, (1 + WeaponDamageMultiplierHeadModBonus))

Critical hit damage

WeaponCriticalHitDamageMod = Max(1, (0.25 + WeaponCriticalHitDamageFlatBonus + WeaponTypeCriticalHitDamageFinal))

-Doc (DocHolliday324 on Discord / Uplay)

Last edited by a moderator:

Addihul

Community Agent
Doc, I just read your guide word for word. Extremely informative. However you didn't note a concrete CHC percentage where it becomes relevant to ditch weapon dmg for CHD. From what I read, your conclusions were the opposite of what was originally shown (by skillup) that 35%ish CHC allowed you to start switching to wep dmg for a higher benefit than CHD. What I hear you saying is that wep dmg should only be used if your CHC is low. Makes sense. However, what is that magic CHC number?

In the past 2 weeks I have gutted almost all of my CHC mods in light of CHD. I even run ARs with 7% CHC and SMGs with 32% because i run exclusively in a 4 man DZ or Incursion group where I am getting max 60% CHC from a 4pc tac user 24/7. Pulse is up 95% of the time in fights so I can get away with it.

Curious to hear your thoughts on whether the old 35%ish CHC value (i could be wrong there) is still the magic number to start switching to CHD. This is taking in to consideration most people of course aren't running 24/7 with a 4PC tac pulser giving max CHC.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Doc, I just read your guide word for word. Extremely informative. However you didn't note a concrete CHC percentage where it becomes relevant to ditch weapon dmg for CHD. From what I read, your conclusions were the opposite of what was originally shown (by skillup) that 35%ish CHC allowed you to start switching to wep dmg for a higher benefit than CHD. What I hear you saying is that wep dmg should only be used if your CHC is low. Makes sense. However, what is that magic CHC number?

In the past 2 weeks I have gutted almost all of my CHC mods in light of CHD. I even run ARs with 7% CHC and SMGs with 32% because i run exclusively in a 4 man DZ or Incursion group where I am getting max 60% CHC from a 4pc tac user 24/7. Pulse is up 95% of the time in fights so I can get away with it.

Curious to hear your thoughts on whether the old 35%ish CHC value (i could be wrong there) is still the magic number to start switching to CHD. This is taking in to consideration most people of course aren't running 24/7 with a 4PC tac pulser giving max CHC.
I'm/we're running almost the same way, but I actively TRY to make CHC hit 0%. Knowing that this is my goal, I make sure to stack enough pure base damage (at least against npcs; 50%+elite damage, 50%+ armor damage, and around 200% headshot) that even when I'm not pulsed, I still melt enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DocHolliday324

Community Member

Good questions. I don't honestly know what the magic number is. I spend so much of my time parsing the data and getting it onto my site that I have spent very little time actually theorycrafting. If what Marco recently released about critical hit chance max being true (pulse has now been included in CHC), then I am not sure you need to invest much at all in CHC as long as either you run with a teammate invested in pulse or you are the one invested in pulse.

I have found though that when I am geared to drop enemies in just a few hits either with my M44 or M870, my toughness is not as important because I have to take in way less damage over time. I rely heavily on medkits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements