• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I say don't go for the drops after level 20. They are not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I say don't go for the drops after level 20. They are not worth it. Every time I go for the cargo drops I only find just one item inside. These drops are not worth dying for not at all. Very few weapons,gear,& skill mods are not worth picking up or dying for. I been playing The Division 2 since  the12th of march.After level 20 or so the loot isn't worth picking up. There are very,very few high end weapons & gear that's worth finding when you reach level 30. After awhile I even avoid going by these so called drops.  I  found some good & very good stuff among  looted boxes,creates,go bags,suitcases,weapons cases,& civilian backpacks. But the rest I found so far is nothing but crap. Which I myself is getting  very tired of picking up in the game. Yes I can sell it or recalibate  it to upgrade my gear & weapons. Where are these Exotic weapons & gear that Ubisoft was promising us to find in The Division 2. When I was playing The Division 1 I got a lot of exotic gear & weapons and they were a lot easier to find and get. I don't want to die dozens of times just earn one lousy exotic weapon or gear & to find out later it wasn't worth dying,fighting for, or to find. I hope in future when the game progresses & when the new DLCs are release I hope there will be a lot better weapons,gear,clothing,& exotics a lot easier to get and find and worth finding. If not I'll quit & either go back and  play Fallout 76 or even better go back and play Metro Exodus after I buy  metro exodus expansion pass   and  wait for their new DLCs to come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

genedjr

Community Elite
first , stop bold font🙂  Its hard on my eyes.

But yeah - supply drops suck if not in a group and still they are useless.  I have never got a real upgrade from a supply drop.  But have revisiting friendly control points.

OK exp, but propaganda speakers are better. and just about any other rando encounter is better.

...gene

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I'd forgotten about these.  They tended to be the hardest random encounters for me and were ok as they dropped 3x loot if you got all 3 loot containers but I tended to die a lot more with these or net get all 3.

Exotic weapons are through keys and blueprints and I have already posted a thread here on that.

3 gear sets and the Black Tusk stronghold are coming on the 5th April so hopefully there will be more to grind / get of value in WT5.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I'd forgotten about these.  They tended to be the hardest random encounters for me and were ok as they dropped 3x loot if you got all 3 loot containers but I tended to die a lot more with these or net get all 3.

Exotic weapons are through keys and blueprints and I have already posted a thread here on that.

3 gear sets and the Black Tusk stronghold are coming on the 5th April so hopefully there will be more to grind / get of value in WT5.
In The Division 1 the supply drop boxes were  locked so the enemy couldn't open them.......but they also had more stuff in one locked box that the agent was the only one who could open it. But in The Division 2 they enemy can open these boxes. I find this to be very strange that enemy had access to all 3 supply drop boxes.That the agent is the only one that is coded to open them. Plus you get a lot less stuff than if you just open the one supply drop box in The Division 1 would have. That's why I say don't bother to open them. Because it just a rip off & very unfair to the player. Ubisoft stop being cheap and unfair to all of us players or we won't play this stupid game ever again. I'll  leave and never come back until Ubisoft stop being so cheap to all of us players and be a lot more fair when it comes to all this loot. That's just my opinion on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
first , stop bold font🙂  Its hard on my eyes.

But yeah - supply drops suck if not in a group and still they are useless.  I have never got a real upgrade from a supply drop.  But have revisiting friendly control points.

OK exp, but propaganda speakers are better. and just about any other rando encounter is better.

...gene
Sorry....I use the bold font . Because I don't see it to well and it's easy for me to read it.

RimBlock

In The Division 1 the supply drop boxes were  locked so the enemy couldn't open them.......but they also had more stuff in one locked box that the agent was the only one who could open it. But in The Division 2 they enemy can open these boxes. I find this to be very strange that enemy had access to all 3 supply drop boxes.That the agent is the only one that is coded to open them. Plus you get a lot less stuff than if you just open the one supply drop box in The Division 1 would have. That's why I say don't bother to open them. Because it just a rip off & very unfair to the player. Ubisoft stop being cheap and unfair to all of us players or we won't play this stupid game ever again. I'll  leave and never come back until Ubisoft stop being so cheap to all of us players and be a lot more fair when it comes to all this loot. That's just my opinion on this matter.
Sure, although you are better threatening to leave the game to UBISoft on their official forums rather than here if that is what you intend 🙂.  This is just a fan site 👍.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Ya, did a few of those supply drops, didn't seem worth it at all, even when we got all the loot boxes.  Maybe they'll drop relevant gear again in a future DLC.

Not all of the exotics are from chests, I had an exotic rifle drop in a challenge mode mission.  Don't remember which was the pre-order one, but the one I had drop for me was called either Ruthless or Merciless.

I think Ubisoft doesn't want to just hand gear out like it's a Costco sample table.  They want people to work for their gear, which I kinda prefer.  Don't like things to be too easy, and I feel a better sense of accomplishment if it wasn't easy to get.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Ya, did a few of those supply drops, didn't seem worth it at all, even when we got all the loot boxes.  Maybe they'll drop relevant gear again in a future DLC.

Not all of the exotics are from chests, I had an exotic rifle drop in a challenge mode mission.  Don't remember which was the pre-order one, but the one I had drop for me was called either Ruthless or Merciless.

I think Ubisoft doesn't want to just hand gear out like it's a Costco sample table.  They want people to work for their gear, which I kinda prefer.  Don't like things to be too easy, and I feel a better sense of accomplishment if it wasn't easy to get.
I think Ubisoft make us work a little to hard for our blueprints,exotic weapons & gear, & other stuff. I don't mind working a little hard for a better reward. But I don't prefer to die dozens times for one lousy exotic weapon or gear that might not be worth it at end.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Sure, although you are better threatening to leave the game to Ubisoft on their official forums rather than here if that is what you intend 🙂.  This is just a fan site 👍.
I know this is a fan site. I wrote that just in case Ubisoft might pop by some day and read what I wrote. Because I know some gaming companies do pop by to read what fans write in forums. So they can make  changes in their games to please us players/fans. How do you think changes come about in games. Sorry for that about leaving. I was just blowing off some steam and I do apologize.

RimBlock

Sure and it has been hinted that Massive people might actually pop by here now and then, or at least that was the case in the TD1 peak days.

Whether they take much notice of what is said here is very debatable.  I have mentioned the issues with gearing up too fast numerous times and still they have not changed it  :51_scream: .  I have no expectations that they will just because I have my opinion on that particular item.

The reason I post here and not the UBIsoft forums is that their forums tend to be pretty toxic most the time and are not moderated to stamp it out.  I prefer to have an adult conversation / debate with like minded people and this seems to be a good place for that with regard to The Division.  Its a good place with decent mature people and all are welcome although ranting is frowned upon  :14_relaxed: .

I do feel your frustration.  I am pretty much int he same place with most my drops being trash and most of my crafting stock being close to full so I am only getting 1 material per item broken down now.  With Tidal Basin coming in a week, everything will be pretty much scrapped as we progress to WT-5 and the gear sets anyway so no point grinding so hard until we get there anyway in my view.

Roll on WT-5  :5_smiley: .

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Sure and it has been hinted that Massive people might actually pop by here now and then, or at least that was the case in the TD1 peak days.

Whether they take much notice of what is said here is very debatable.  I have mentioned the issues with gearing up too fast numerous times and still they have not changed it  :51_scream: .  I have no expectations that they will just because I have my opinion on that particular item.

The reason I post here and not the UBIsoft forums is that their forums tend to be pretty toxic most the time and are not moderated to stamp it out.  I prefer to have an adult conversation / debate with like minded people and this seems to be a good place for that with regard to The Division.  Its a good place with decent mature people and all are welcome although ranting is frowned upon  :14_relaxed: .

I do feel your frustration.  I am pretty much int he same place with most my drops being trash and most of my crafting stock being close to full so I am only getting 1 material per item broken down now.  With Tidal Basin coming in a week, everything will be pretty much scrapped as we progress to WT-5 and the gear sets anyway so no point grinding so hard until we get there anyway in my view.

Roll on WT-5  :5_smiley: .
Thank you for your understanding. I know a lot of forums I been on are very toxic.....like the Bethesda forums & Ubisoft are very toxic. That's because they let little children that are brats, punks,bullies,& idiots. Some are from the ages 12 to almost 30 that behave like little brats that never got  discipline when were little children by their parents. They are spoiled rotten and never seem to grow up. When I was child my mother discipline me by spanking me. Today children & young adults talk back to you because they are spoiled brats and they think it's funny & it's okay to behave that way. Well their wrong very wrong to behave in that manner. It's not okay as far as I'm concern. Well I do get very frustrated the way Ubisoft puts in loot boxes in  their games. I do apologize for taking out my frustration in this forum. But if I took out my frustration in another forum and was upset about something that happen in a game I didn't like.  Those same brats, punks,bullies,& idiots would call me a "TROLL" and I would find that to be very offensive to me. But lets us get back to the issue at hand. Both Divisions 1 & 2 and to be fair never put out any real good stuff in their supply drops,boxes.creates,go bags,civilian backpack,suitcases,& weapon cases. Yes I have found some or very little great stuff inside these items. I find a lot of these gaming company's like Ubisoft & Bethesda Game Studios are both very cheap on putting real good stuff in their loot boxes.  I say about 80% percent of the loot we find is nothing but trash. But 20% percent of this loot is very good stuff to find. I think these gaming  company's do this to keep each player in the game longer and play more. In hope of finding  a lot better loot at the end.

RimBlock

Thats pretty much the definition of what you do in a looter shooter.  Grind away until you find what you want.

It is a hard balance as people want the best stuff as quickly as possible but then there is no real point in playing the game, or no real reward any more and people are known to complain about the lack of content.

Not even 1 month in and already people are top level in WT-4 going crazy for WT-5.

Looter shooters reward those that spend the most time with the best stuff but you also need a bit of luck as it uses RNG (or random chance) to generate the loot you get, usually with better loot being a bit more unlikely to drop.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Well it took me in The Division 2 up to 2-3 days just find what I wanted in game. All the rest of the loot was trash. The only good about trashy loot I found I could sell it for cash or use it to recalibrate  my weapons and gear. The other was deconstruct it for parts. That's the  only 3 good things about it all.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.