• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

HVT's and 214/240 drops...yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordfishTom

Community Member
Lonestar Vest.jpgLone Star Vest Two.jpgPredators Mark Vest.jpg

Here are just a few examples of the new gear and how they drop stats like a rock and in general, just plain suck. I have a 204 crafted chest and after getting day after day, week after week, a bunch of 240 drops, almost 100% Lone Star, you can see how bad they really can be. I'd like to run something where I might actually get a piece that UPS my stats, not killing them. Note this is just a few screenshots, I ran out of room in my stash to compare more.

SwordfishTom

Community Member
I apoligize for the one screenshot not showing in it's proper size, new to transferring images/clips from my Xbox One.

Addihul

Community Agent
All I can suggest is to join the main Discord and start getting in solid DZ 5/6 groups. Loot farming galore

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
Makes me sad this.

I got a decent gear drop ( so I thought it was green after all ) 

when I went to equip it dropped my stats as you say was a bit miffed. 

Luckily as I'm a new lvl 30 gear score is low so I'll keep farming before I fight everyone in the dark zone ?

supercat

Fashion Recon
I'm not sure who's more sad now. You or me.

My GS is 200-ish. My Health isn't that far from yours. My DPS is way lower than yours. My Skill is sitting on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I don't see the issue with the drops shown to be honest, they may not fit what you want for your character but I know the 2nd one would fit well with my LMG gunner character. If they don't fit the build you have then its not the games fault ... is it?

MichFan

Shoot 1st Ask Questions Later
The reason for the Toughness drop is clear, it is due to the fact that the HE has 1,513 Armor while the two Loan Star pieces are 967 and 954. If you were to re-calibrate the piece to add Armor for a major attribute then your Toughness would be right back up there. With the DPS I'd guess your current vest has the Reckless talent and that is why you're seeing your DPS drop. These are ALL things you need to take into account when comparing gear pieces when you're considering switching some out for others. 

As you can see below when you take the time to re-calibrate the correct pieces you can get a very strong stat line from the Gear Set pieces. Another thing to keep in mind is that your DPS can take HUGE jumps AFTER you select certain gear sets like Striker or Sentry due to the head shot damage or the critical hit damage boosts. You will NOT see this until after you select the gear though so just hovering over it will not give you an accurate number.

Build.png

Cpl vinny

Community Agent
I d'ont have any screenshot right now, because I am at work, but I run 2 final measures with 4 Lone star and I got 180 DPS 330K toughness, 18K skill....I can run every incursion including challenge (Falcon Lost) with this set and I don,t have problem in the darkzone. Of course I get kill some time to time but this normal in the darkzone and my gear score is at 222 on that build.  I can go 228 but my stats will be lower and They don,t match for the type a play that I play, I run more hybrid type all the time! And really important I want all the talents for the gun that's for why some time I sacrifice DPS

Edit 1: For skills I run first ally heal and pulse with security link, Just with the pulse I do big damage and because my talents of gear have almost all pulse skills and with my 18K skill this recharge in no time.

Edit 2: I have 75% armor cap and my health is at 83K so not so bad. I wish only to have 240 backpack lone star or Final measures same things with gloves and Ill be strong 228....but all of this is how you want to play the game. And build around that

Last edited by a moderator:

SwordfishTom

Community Member
I don't see the issue with the drops shown to be honest, they may not fit what you want for your character but I know the 2nd one would fit well with my LMG gunner character. If they don't fit the build you have then its not the games fault ... is it?
The issue is that running weekly and daily HVTs you almost ALWAYS get you Lone Star with crap armor and stats. The diversity in high end drops is frustrating. There was a post somewhere, where the person was saying "if you want this particular set piece, you need to run specific content for a much higher probability drop rate". To me it feels like we're being forced to run specific content to get specific gear. The lack of random/different drops from something the same, say the HVT's, week to week is just ridiculous to me. I guess I'm too busy with some real life stuff to be able to run Clear Sky 10 times a day or have a group that can grind DZ5-6 without getting slaughtered. Overall, the game just requires more and more time to get less and less character progress. I loved the Div at first but honestly end game play now feels exactly like it sounds, END GAME.

MichFan

Shoot 1st Ask Questions Later
There was a post somewhere, where the person was saying "if you want this particular set piece, you need to run specific content for a much higher probability drop rate". To me it feels like we're being forced to run specific content to get specific gear.
So it is a bad thing that the Dev's want you to play all aspects of the game? I think it makes plenty of sense to "force" the community to play multiple parts of the map in order to have the best chances to get certain gear sets, although I would hardly call it forced by any means. If you want better drops of gear set pieces then go run in DZ 5/6 and collect and extract Green Gear Cache's or fight for the supply drops. I've personally built my whole load out with DZ 5/6 runs and supply drops. Doesn't take but an hour or two to collect some each evening. 

supercat

Fashion Recon
DZ is sure way to get better items. I've proven it myself spending weeks in pre-30 DZ and compared both of my DZ and non-DZ characters. 

But right now the problem isn't how great the stuff you get from DZ. It's rather you can make it out or not, because there are always group of people who are wearing top notch gears killing and stealing for their own giggles. Going into DZ is basically going into a road block for people like me and my team. Even if we're lucky and managed to extract, we would get trash as much as what we would get from HVT.

It would be better to just spread the loot evenly. There will be people who play same thing everyday. There will be people who would try other things too.

SwordfishTom

Community Member
DZ is sure way to get better items. I've proven it myself spending weeks in pre-30 DZ and compared both of my DZ and non-DZ characters. 

But right now the problem isn't how great the stuff you get from DZ. It's rather you can make it out or not, because there are always group of people who are wearing top notch gears killing and stealing for their own giggles. Going into DZ is basically going into a road block for people like me and my team. Even if we're lucky and managed to extract, we would get trash as much as what we would get from HVT.

It would be better to just spread the loot evenly. There will be people who play same thing everyday. There will be people who would try other things too.
I agree big time on that one. Getting the drops is one thing, getting them out is a whole nother' story.

Status
Not open for further replies.