• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ham-fisted Comparison 1.3 to 1.4 Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Something I wanted to try. The gear talents change between 1.4, so maybe it would have been better to use just HE gear.

The gear was HFx3 Stkx2 Savage.

Also, the Marksmen critical varies greatly between shots (placement). 

Shotgun - tactical SASG 12 K

Shot.jpg

SMG - PP-19

SMG 1.4.jpg

Pistol - Storm

Storm.jpg

Pistol - X-45

X45.png

AR - Military AK47 M

AR .jpg

LMG - M60

LMG.png

Marksmen -SOCOM M1A

M.png

Military AK-74 E

74.jpg

M1A .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
Thankfully, I've kept a "best in class" of almost every weapon across toon inventories and stash, so re-tooling shouldn't be too much work.  Thanks for posting some real data--patch notes and anecdotes are good, but not as good as this.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Thanks. It is interesting to  see crit damage has not moved that much, despite how much other damage has been changed. Marksmen needs a redo, though more difficult to achieve since placement of shots is trickier to show all three.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
I have been get LMG drops all over the place in 1.4 PTS.  Have tried the Minimi, M60 and AK74M and still am finding the AK74M to be better for my play style.  

Having 200 rounds in the M60 / Minimi with a 100+ weapon mod (most of my extended mags converted to 100%+) is pretty good but the AK74M seems to still take down enemies faster.  Maybe it is the stability and RoF that are helping there.  

I have not found a decent L86A2 to compare to any of the other 3 at top tier level.  It was good when starting with the fresh L30 character in PTS though.

The X-45 has not been nerfed from what I can see.

20161001122510_1.jpg

20161001122516_1.jpg

20161001122839_1.jpg

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Strange that. They simply have just brought the others up to par. Not like there would be a huge up roar over nerfing it, unlike other weapons. 
I think most people thought the X-45 situation was silly anyway so that might be the reason plus people didn't rely on it as they would a main weapon.

If I could get a good LSW I'd be in seventh heaven!

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I think most people thought the X-45 situation was silly anyway so that might be the reason plus people didn't rely on it as they would a main weapon.
Silly is a good word. I suppose its relatively high dps does no harm to the game. But yeah, silly.

Even though I'm not the firearms aficionado like some of you guys, i still know there is a big difference between getting hit by a high velocity bullet from a rifle than a low velocity bullet from a hand gun. Well, still can kill you but still.

If I could get a good LSW I'd be in seventh heaven!
When I started  leveling the UG, there were numerous L86 drops. Working in a group i preferred the belt lmgs, though i made a point of keeping one in the stash. Though in a shortage of space,... i sold it. 

I had heard people rave how it was the new alt weapon for the dz. Pangs of regret. And as if my selling of the L86 offended the gods of RNG, i have not seen one drop since. Not even a crappy one. Nada. Just the sound of rng saying f.u. 

The rng gods are easily jilted and not so forgiving..

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Yeah, I've been more of a fan of the M60 or the M249, but I've been known to hold onto a AK74.  I just like the old school Rambo feel the M60 gives and it was my primary for the first couple weeks after I hit lvl 30, because it fit my role in my group - more cover fire and support while the other guys were running AR, SMG, and DMR.  

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I have redone the M1A that was originally done with more consistent placement of shots. The crit damage is very much nerfed. 

Also added the Ak-74 just to compare to the M60. Improved overall but not as much as the M60.

MarksMen - SOCOM M1A

M.png

Military AK-74 E

74.jpg

quinch1199

Even though I'm not the firearms aficionado like some of you guys, i still know there is a big difference between getting hit by a high velocity bullet from a rifle than a low velocity bullet from a hand gun.
Actually, you might be very surprised. For example, I always thought the KRISS Vector .45ACP was one of the most "deadly" weapons in the game for realism reasons. The round it fires is pretty devastating at close range!

Ammunition types makes a massive difference and weapons like the 5.56 NATO - M4/L85's - are pretty poor at actually killing people as they're not designed to do that. 

the LSW for me is just nostalgia ... lol!

OH! 1,000 posts exactly!!

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Congrats on your 1000th 

Yeah, I suppose they have various competing ideas  . It must be its own study.

quinch1199

Congrats on your 1000th 

Yeah, I suppose they have various competing ideas  . It must be its own study.
Very true, I have my own ideas how I'd build in some form of realism based damage using a HP & Armour mitigation system in this game using the varying ammunition types seen in the game for example. I think the game does a pretty good job being honest of balancing damage and armour stripping already, especially as variations in that are more based on Mods 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements