• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Going Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag420Life

Dark zone can be a lot better with a few tweaks. Players going rogue at extraction points is destroying the experience. If players decide to go rogue there needs to be more consequences. If you go rogue you should either stay rogue until you are killed or leave the DZ. To many players are going rogue and waiting out timers just to repeat actions, not giving the other player enough time to get revenge without jeopardizing their status. Also at the same time a group or player should only be flagged if the kill or seriously wound another player as of now one little burst will flag you rogue.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Honestly I doubt this is something they'll change, at least for now. Perhaps however on the games full release people will go rogue less as nothing really matters during the beta. Best thing you can do is hang back and hide until you can attach your items and quickly run away.

Scoop

Community Agent
Going rogue is based on the amount of damage you inflict on another player. Some weapons will do enough damage on to cause you to go rogue with 1 shot while others won't. I don't think how the dz is played can be judged fairly based upon the beta's. There is no long term focus due to loosing all of your gear anyway. No consequences. That should change when players want gear and want to earn dz dollars.

MR Easy Guns

Community Member
I feel exactly the opposite. 

As it stands, I just don't think there are enough incentives for going rogue. 

A couple hundred credits and some blue gear that I can just as easily get myself with less time and effort just isn't worth it. 

ZigZag420Life

I feel exactly the opposite. 

As it stands, I just don't think there are enough incentives for going rogue. 

A couple hundred credits and some blue gear that I can just as easily get myself with less time and effort just isn't worth it. 
So why is everyone going rogue except to slow progress of other players?

ZigZag420Life

The dark zone is pve and pvp not a reflection of the greater society. It's part of the game. It's fun testing yourself or hunting down trolls. 
Actually I think it is and a general reflection of the individuals playing. Mirror image of modern day society in RL. This game has captured the true spirit of our culture, do whatever you want with no repercussions.

MR Easy Guns

Community Member
So why is everyone going rogue except to slow progress of other players?
I think you're overexaggerating a bit when you say EVERYONE is going rogue. 

Sometimes the the server is more chaotic than others, sure. 

But typically there are only 2-4 rogues at any time out of 24 total people.  And people are only going rogue out of boredom when they don't have much else to do. 

Lincoln117Echo

Community Member
Going Rogue should as easy as just hitting someone with bullets it should be if I down a person I should go Rogue there have been tons of times were someone runs into my fire intentionally to force me to go Rogue then every turns and kills you this aspect of the rogue system needs to be fixed or come lunch the dark zone might turn off people.  Massive just think about it,  if I'm going Rogue I plan on taking you down so why not have it that way too many accidentally Rogues that intentionally exploit this mechanic. 

g1nt3r

Death Otter
The dark zone is pve and pvp not a reflection of the greater society. It's part of the game. It's fun testing yourself or hunting down trolls. 
Gotta agree with Scoop, the Dark Zone is made for dirty tactics.

Dorian

Community Member
I played Dark Zone for the fist time this beta.  I didn't have enough time to play in the closed so I didn't make it in.  I found it a lot of fun.  I even enjoyed playing solo trying to sneak around, kill NPC's, and figure out a ways to extract.  I didn't care about loot so it made it better.  I got destroyed a lot but was expecting it.

I also ran with two other guys most of the weekend and had a lot of fun.  Only had one server with a group of 8 rouges running together.  We just avoided them and found it easy to extract away from that group.  The last night we were on a server with just us.  It was kinda creepy.  I like how they have it set up right now except for the turret.  People would use turret to make you go rouge if they saw you throw one down or jump in front of it on purpose.

Lincoln117Echo

Community Member
Looking at it from a stand point I see you points on Rogue even with the rogue issues at the extraction zone or the waiting for the timer runs out to do it again that doesn't bother as much  as having some random just run into my gun fire when I'm fight an NPC or accidently hit another player when we are try to take e out Rogue agents to have the guy turn around and try to kill me I think that just kills the experience for some people.  Most of the time my group and I try to remember the names of frequent Rogue agents and we make sure to take them out where there they are Rouge or not. But I hope they address some of these concerns before lunch.  

g1nt3r

Death Otter
Looking at it from a stand point I see you points on Rogue even with the rogue issues at the extraction zone or the waiting for the timer runs out to do it again that doesn't bother as much  as having some random just run into my gun fire when I'm fight an NPC or accidently hit another player when we are try to take e out Rogue agents to have the guy turn around and try to kill me I think that just kills the experience for some people.  Most of the time my group and I try to remember the names of frequent Rogue agents and we make sure to take them out where there they are Rouge or not. But I hope they address some of these concerns before lunch.  
I like that, just killing agents because they consistently go rogue. I'd do the same thing, cant take chances out there.

ShadowSpine

ok so here is what I think.

I don't mind people going rogue at extraction. I actually like that feature. the problem with going rogue is as fallows;

If you go rogue and die you lose a lot of DZ currency and exp. the longer you are rogue the worse the loss is.

for example I went rogue in open beta for quite some time. over 15 minutes maybe 20 minutes. when I was killed I lost over 3,000 DZ credits and a lot of exp!

holy crap that's a lot of money! if I was to survive that I would have earned 300 DZ credits. or something like that. I think the reward is purely based on your rogue status. rank 1-5 rogue. but the longer you are stuck rogue the worse your death will be. if I were to justify that death I would have had to kill 10 people in 15 minutes at 300 DZ credits a head. that's crazy. especially when you are just trying to survive! id say the punishment vs reward for going rogue is pretty bad. too much risk. so just remember that those people who kill you at extraction will be hunted down rigorously and indefinitely until they die and or survive for minimal reward, if they do die they just lost a hell of a lot more then you did at extraction.

yes its a pain when you can go rogue by accidently shooting someone running into your line of sight either deliberately or accidently. however it ads a more realism to the game which is great! you have to actually take care of when and how and where you shoot with other players near by. how is that at all a bad feature? the ONLY one of those features that can make you go rogue that I agree is lame is the turret. that one could use a tweak to prevent that from happening.

and for those of you who are saying that people are just out to stop "you" from progressing are mistaken. almost all MMO's have this proble. someone takes the chest before you do, they kill the guy before you do by shooting him once when he's almost dead etc... seriously this is nothing new people. yes some people will get to the point where they got nothing to lose cus they have it all or everything they want anyway or are just content with what they got, anyhow they will in theory play to slow people down. but that makes earning what you get more exciting when you do finally get to that point as well.

you cant seriously expect players to stop going into dark zones and going rogue or freelancing or what have you just because you want to earn your lewt easily! are you really that selfish? Dark zone is as it should be. it took me almost all of both days in the open beta to finally earn enough moolah to buy the "liberator". why? because I got ganked! a LOT! I also lost for accidently going rogue. or by deliberately going rogue and misjudging the enemy group and so on. I also learned how to play alone in the dark zone. however when I did finally buy the gun I saved and worked so hard for I was so excited the grind was over and suddenly death wasn't a fear as much anymore. I was then able to enjoy the dark zone in predominantly hunting rogues or going rogue and surviving. this feature makes the game enjoyable even after you get all the gear you want. because now you are a weapon and you can go to the dark zone and wreck havoc.

at the end of my beta test with my group when we were all about to log off we went through the city with the mind set to just shoot any1 that we came across before our time was up. running through town just shooting everything and trying to survive was also a really fun experience and you should look forward to stuff like that not try and take it away from every1 else.

hope you all enjoyed the game as much as I did. this will go down in history as one of my top 5 games ever played! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister_Mino

Community Member
Exploits in the maps need to be eliminated, not changing or modifying the rogue system. I love how people want to re-write the game as their ideas are better experience than the creators of the game. Epic giant grasshoppers are the real answer, fyi...

Status
Not open for further replies.