• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Ghost War Open Beta 21-25 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Your psychotic agent match is coming soon to break the game's lore as well as most likely to severely break the PvE game balance and the future support for it, forgetting that the game was sold to be Single Player / Co-op at first.

Open Beta opens 21-25 September. 

EDIT: 12 Classes will be available in final product. 6 Classes will be playable in Open Beta. More classes coming in the future.

Update: Ghost War Open Beta will be a separate game file.

http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/news/152-301462-16/intel-drop-ghost-war-classes-part-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
They dieded? Lol

Btw, my internet is on maintenance. Can't download the stuff. Anyone playing can try contributing to this thread. Tell us how the customization work etc.
Lol. Bring in the B team.

Not much of a position to download myself. Hasn't been connecting.

The GRW has had a increase in hits lately. Prolly from the beta.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Lol. Bring in the B team.

Not much of a position to download myself. Hasn't been connecting.

The GRW has had a increase in hits lately. Prolly from the beta.
Yeah. It's free anyway. And I've seen people take it like it's a final product despite of the huge title saying OPEN BETA.

lmao.

supercat

Fashion Recon
Okay. So I managed to download on time, explored the menu, and played one set match before deleting the file. I'll try to lay it out as best as I can.

Progress

You will start with a Level 1 and Recruit class. In this PvP, your performance will be counted as experience point. Gaining Level does not make you bulletsponge or deal higher damage. Instead, you will unlock more Class. Some classes are locked in the Open Beta, such as Medic, Assassin, Sentinel, etc.

Recruit class is one of the classes that can have more than 1 person in the team. So you really have to do your roleplay here. This isn't clusterf*ck gangbang like Dark Zone.

If you want a slower, tactical PvP, then this is your better place.

Customisation

There are new cosmetic items. Assassin Mask (a half face skull mask), Balaclava (like the one in CS), Scout headgear, Orange sport glasses, Tanker pants (basically cargo pants with steel shin armor). I have no idea whether these items will be available in the main game.

You can customize your guns with gun skins. However, the gun builds and gun selection(s) are fixed by the Class you choose.

One Class, one character. You can customize each class with different character skin, clothing, and gun (within the selection) OUTSIDE the match preparation.

I've seen people saying they can't customize quick enough in the 30 seconds prep screen. That's bulldung; they can't read.

Map

The map is big enough and crafted nicely. For example, I tried to sneak past the opposite team to ambush them. And yes, I could sneak away, undetected, even with enemy's drone deployed. So that tells how large and how many objects lying around that I used to take cover. You won't sprint and meet the other end of the map in 5 seconds.

Others

There are additional UI added such as sprint meter.

You can choose from some sort of server. Or whatever that is. I chose APAC (asia pacific) and was connected to Southeast Asian, Japanese, and Korean.

The intro of the Open Beta is another developer's greeting video. At the end of it, he said they will be adding more through updates, such as new class, maps, and new game mode. Sadly, I don't think he means PvE, that would be off context, wouldn't it?

noBdSafRumThzStzThtWeDnTK

Community Member
Played it last night. I have quite a few issues and things I didn't follow. Wasn't sure how or why you had to unlock playstyles. Couldn't get a clear detail on enemies. But, on a positive note, it is fun when you get going with a knowledgeable and patient team who gets the whole recon thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements