• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Gear Recalibration Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay

Members+
Hello everyone.

I have a question. I plan on maxing out my 268 gear to optimize my builds. I have a question and need your guidance.

Should I recalibrate my gear and shoot for more armor or stamina (depending on the individual piece) and use the slots for electronics only?

It seems with mods, there is a bigger opportunity to get higher rolls for electronics than the stamina and firearms mods.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Clay

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Here's a couple thoughts:

1.) There's a cap on the max amount of armor you can have, it's somewhere between 5300 & 5400, which will put you at the max DMG mitigation of 75%.  Anything above that is wasted and doesn't help your character.  

2.) If you want to increase toughness, you can go for bonuses to stamina, health, protect from elites, exotic damage resilience, and any of the damage resistances (burn, bleed, etc.).  Doing this would allow you to fill your gear mod slots with electronic mods, if you like.

Out of curiosity, what is the plan for your build?  Are you looking more tank, more support/electronics, or a hybrid of both?

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Really depends on the type of build you are going for.

A lot of people go for stamina on equipment where possible to get their health up.  Saying that, with 350k health I am still getting one shotted by snipers in the Underground.  I am now moving away from Sentries Call and trying a Firecrest / Blind combo and am feeling very little difference damage wise but have moved to 375k health (75% mitigation and 9k+ health).

Firearms is a poor stat to increase DPS but you may wish to boost it a bit to get some talent prereqs.  Two pieces of equipment can give big skill bonuses and you should go for those if you can as a good health roll and skill bonus could be the equivalent of a two stat item.  Sorry, I don't recall which two items but the recal screen will show you with the possible combinations.  I understand they roll high for skill power as well.

Tanktician seems to be the strongest at the moment but I would not be surprised if that gets nerf'd in the next update / DLC as there is a lot of upset that they are pretty much untouchable at the moment, what with Sentries Call and Striker getting nerf'd with 1.3.

RimBlock

Here's a couple thoughts:

1.) There's a cap on the max amount of armor you can have, it's somewhere between 5300 & 5400, which will put you at the max DMG mitigation of 75%.  Anything above that is wasted and doesn't help your character.  

2.) If you want to increase toughness, you can go for bonuses to stamina, health, protect from elites, exotic damage resilience, and any of the damage resistances (burn, bleed, etc.).  Doing this would allow you to fill your gear mod slots with electronic mods, if you like.

Out of curiosity, what is the plan for your build?  Are you looking more tank, more support/electronics, or a hybrid of both?
Thanks, I have been meaning to look up the armour max for 75% mitigation.  Hopefully I can reassign an armour stat to something else (like Skill Power).

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
@RimBlock Welcome.  I can't find a current reference online (just for the old cap of 65% being between 4600-4700), but I saw the numbers above posted on another thread and I want to say I'm around 5400 and saw a hit to mitigation last night when I changed our some skills with a recal.  

Doing some simple ratios, using the 4600-4700 for 65%, you get the 5300-5400 for 75%:

4.6k     X                 4.7k    X
------ = ---                 ------ = ---
.65     .75                .65      .75

4.6k * .75                4.7k * .75
--------------- = X       --------------- = X
     .65                             .65

5308 = X                 5423 = X

Granted, the math is assuming the numbers for 65% were correct. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Clay

Members+
Thanks for the responses!

You asked for what build I am looking for, basically a balanced build.  If I had to specialize, probably health and skill power. While Tanks may be nerved, I don't think health or skill cool down reduction is never a bad idea. I play 90% PVE. I just don't want to have my group carry me.

Basically, I am looking for enough firearms to get the talents on my weapons (around 2850).

Thanks again!

RimBlock

That's a lot of Firearms.  Have you considered looking for different talents ?.  Firearms does not scale very well with weapon damage like stamina does with toughness.  Additional crit chance, enemy armour damage etc can boost your DPS significantly without having to put points on Firearms.

I am around 2200, 3000, 2200 and can prop a lot of my talents with only a couple of 'unreasonable' ones asking for more (which I can now recalibrate).  I have around 130K dps (230k with the G36), 375k Toughness and 21k skill power.  

I play almost exclusively PvE and walk through hard missions but still have to be careful with challenging (health and ammo issues).  I am always looking to improve my stamina now to be able to survive just a little longer.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I'm running at 2500/3350/1150 which gives me 150k DPS on my primary and 130k ish on my secondary, 395k toughness and 11.4k skill power.  I'm trying to get some quality tach auth pieces so I can trade 2 of my lone star out and get 4K skill points.  I might even look into trading out some mods from firearms to electronics.  I'd like my skills a little quicker to go with my toughness. 

arthas172

Community Member
I am running a 1xFirecrest and 5xSentry Build, 315kDPS (with the G36), 377k Toughness, 12k Skill Power.

With a decent team i can do the Underground Missions on Challenging .

I am looking for some 268 new Gear Set Peaces but i didnt get anything ok yet....

i think you should roll for CHC, when the initioal armor is ok and use mods with stamina + skill power.

fewcm

Community Agent
5354 armor will get you the 75% damage mitigation. With the new 268's rolling with higher armor, it frees you up from using mainstat/armor mods to something else like mainstat/skill points or mainstat/CHC to boost dps. I'm running a firecrest/final measure build with 300k+ dps 419k toughness and 33k skill power, not using a single armor mod in gear slots.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Welcome, hopefully there's some things on here to help you out.  Also, look at some of the other threads where people are asking for help and at the threads where people are posting up their builds.  Sometimes it's just pics, but you could ask them for more details if you ever have questions. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements