• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Gaming with others - how do you do it? Lone wolves need not reply. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Grumper

Community Veteran
This might sound like an odd question but I'm interested in how you guys optimise your squad gaming. Do you have pre-arranged times when you're on and hit pre-determined missions/routes/DZ areas, or do you see who's on and take it from there? 

And what about your role(s) in squad play? Is it best to have skills etc that compliment each other (i.e. one tank, one medic, one with loads of skills, one with high DPS)? 

The reason I ask is that I'm finding my enjoyment is diluted if I don't get to game with people I know and we don't have a set plan. 

MichFan

Shoot 1st Ask Questions Later
For DZ we try to run the following 1) 4 Pc Sentry 2) High Skill build 3) Two fairly high DPS/Toughness players. The agent with 4 pc Sentry obviously marks targets and makes even the highest NPCs very easy to drop. High skill build runs pulse with tac boost and then over heal as their two skills. If strictly farming NPCs have someone run the seeker mine with gas mod. These work great against NPCs, significantly better than the shock turrets. If Rogue hunting / going Rogue then shock turrets are the way to go. 

We usually farm DZ 5/6. We enter in on the west side and follow this path 1) Cleaner Boss 2) Subway 3) Midtown 4)Pit and usually hit each DZ KEY crate assuming it is available. After the Pit we extract at DZ05 and then are able to hit the subway boss in DZ05 before heading back to the beginning of the loop and running it again. We tend to skip the Q building as it is just a P.I.T.A. 

nonzer0 sum

Community Agent
The normal group I run with has 1) a guy in a combat medic role with a AR/SMG combo who runs mostly Predator's mark, 2) two mid-range DPS/Toughness/low Electronics players with Marksman/SMG or Marksman/AR with Sentry's Call and Final Measure using Pulse/Overheal or Pulse/Smart Cover (one of them being me), and the fourth tends to be one of several people in either another DPS role or tactician role (we have a revolving cast).  That's for PVE.  If I know we are going to fight rogues, I will usually ditch my Marksman rifle in favor of my Super 90.  Everybody else tends to keep the same build/loadout.

We aren't super-serious, but there is a fair amount of tactical communication, timing of signatures, etc.

supercat

Fashion Recon
My team isn't a serious team. We don't act like army. But we expect each other to help each other.

In general overview, one of my team is a long range killer. The other is medium range killer. I myself like to be support and medic, but I usually adapt to what teammates are doing, so I'm pretty much a tanker and medic/support now. My role is to be a decoy as well as buff and healing (I rely on medkits, I throw my healing nade / healing station at teammates). Each of us must equip heal skill, however. Additionally, when we are in the DZ, I always remind my team to watch the surrounding and take no chance if there are players around. I must humbly say, I'm the 360-degree radar guy who spot another players and alert my team most of the time.

Before getting in the game, we usually plan our game first before playing on what to hit (DZ, HVT, mission, etc). There's no so-called 'route' when we're in the game. We just go with the situation on what we need and want.

Other than that, I personally also enjoy playing with random players as long as they know what they're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TranquiL PC [PC] Rapture Gaming Needs YOU! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 32
TGxTaylorMade Xbox Live Tactical Gaming is now recruiting! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
TGxTaylorMade PC Tactical Gaming is now recruiting! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
TGxTaylorMade PSN Tactical Gaming is now recruiting! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
C PC Heavenly Sword Gaming [PC, Semi-Hardcore] Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
R PC [PC] - Fireflies Gaming Community(Destiny2/Anthem/Division2) - recruiting! - Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S PC [NA/EU] Xiled Gaming Network 75000 members is currently recruiting Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S PSN [NA/EU] Xiled Gaming Network 75000 members is currently recruiting Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S Xbox Live [NA/EU] Xiled Gaming Network 75000 members is currently recruiting Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
P Xbox Live <Rapture Gaming> Recruiting new members for Xbox One! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 6
genedjr PC Gaming Laptop Agent to Agent Support 21
S Aside from gaming, what are your other hobbies? Video Games 3
genedjr PC 1440 gaming Agent to Agent Support 3
O Xbox Live Outlaw Gaming Community (OGC) is looking for members Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
R Xbox Live rG (Rapture Gaming) is recruiting new members Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
T PSN Tactical Gaming Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S PC SG - Supremacy Gaming is recruiting! (Australia/NZ) Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
E PC [PC] TRGgaming.net -18+ Gaming Community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
K Xbox Live DGC Gaming! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
I Xbox Live Infamous Gaming Recruiting Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
R PSN Tactical Gaming Recruiting! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
M PC FTP (Free to Pay) Gaming is looking for you. Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
K Xbox Live DGC Gaming! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
R Xbox Live Tired of Gaming alone and losing stuff in the DZ? Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
Jabba PC [20r] Gaming Clan Recruiting for The Division Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
Scoop Aim Assist Gaming wants your stories!! The Division General Discussion 0
TG Ignite Xbox Live Tactical Gaming is Recruiting! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 27
P PC AUS/NZ - F1 Gaming Looking for you! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
S PC The Division Discord gaming community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
RyantheWit PSN [PS4] Lone Wolf Pack Solo Gaming Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
A Xbox Live Apocalyptic Order Gaming Community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
R PC [NA][PC] Pandorum Gaming | Multi-Gaming Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
Argentum047 Gaming Chairs Video Games 27
freeege PC ARMD Gaming Community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 0
B PC Warfare Gaming Community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
S PC Konvict Gaming | Multi-Game Community Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
Scoop Scoop from Aim Assist Gaming & Aim Nation Introduce Yourself 7
Mulehorn117 Hello from Mulehorn Gaming Podcast Introduce Yourself 15
W Xbox Live New to game and would like to play with others! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
W New to game and would like to play with others! Introduce Yourself 2
K PSN LFG/others to play with. Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 2
P Solution to Delta Error 20010186 and others. Agent to Agent Support 1
W PC Looking for others who want to play HARDMODE! Clan Recruitment [Formerly Find Groups] 1
ChaoticRobo It's Friday my dudes and others The Division General Discussion 3
Jedidr Lone Star Build Content Bunker 2
Peaceful Panda The Division Builds - Solo or Lone Wolf (Gear Sets, Weapons, Skills and Talents) Content Bunker 2
L Wtf lone star The Division General Discussion 26