• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DZ's gonna DZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
Rough night in the DZ last night. Entered DZ05 with some friends but we are all just barely 201+ (actually... none of us except me are true 201+. they just had a 204 weapon). Ended up dying and reclaiming our gear (purple crates). Ended up missing on a supply drop because some guy came in and stole it while we were fighting but my friend did get a green crate from it. However when going to extract, a single rogue came in and killed everyone but me.

I know in these situations, there is no fighting. DZ doesn't promote fighting, it promotes murdering or running. There are no firefights. It is 1v4 and the 1 wins way too often... so I run. This guy was chasing me all over but I have got good at running. At one point, he ran right past me as I circled around a van. Or I would lead him into a group of HE guys while I armored up and kept running. I ended up getting out with very little loot... but it was a fun night. I love the horror movie feeling that I always need to watch my map.

I did get a 204 Hungry Hog but that doesn't seem like it is too good.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
I heard the hungry hog was a beast of an LMG but that might be the higher GS version.

I'm starting to think there needs to be a better match making system for the DZ. Currently its meant to be linked to the max GS you have on weapons (if I remember comments on other threads) weather you have it actively on you or in your stash. 

However, I struggle to see how in a 1v4 situation IF all combatants are of a very similar GS that the singular should prevail with ease. 

I'm a long defender of the DZ and how its meant to be raw PvP, and I will stick by that BUT ... if someone takes a group down very easily then either he's significantly over powered and therefore shouldn't be within the same "Instance" as you or there's the very remote possibility that the team of players being taken down are hopelessly bad at the game (and I can't say that's possible). 

A skilled player of similar level should be able to handle 2-3 guys BUT it will be a quite long firefight, to the point that one side considers and has the option to bug out. 

Instances where one takes down a group almost immediately....that indicates something "broken" in my opinion. 

MrMcGinters

Community Agent
I agree with what you say

i played rogue last night and didn't really struggle against the group of two trying to kill me, obviously it was only two people but I could stand in front of them while they shot me and it done very little damage several head shots with the Aug and they were dropped.

Improving matchmaking and levelling would be a good step forward.

quinch1199

I agree with what you say

i played rogue last night and didn't really struggle against the group of two trying to kill me, obviously it was only two people but I could stand in front of them while they shot me and it done very little damage several head shots with the Aug and they were dropped.

Improving matchmaking and levelling would be a good step forward.
Regardless of what's done there will always be instances where:

1) Players still act like this is CoD

2) Have no idea how to balance gear vs. talents vs. buffs vs. passive skills

In those times, sure a player who knows his stuff could stand and take significantly more damage but the game shouldn't be this significant. Its not like we're APC's trying to fight Main Battle Tanks!

I guess, if a player thinks DPS is everything and totally neglects toughness/stamina/damage mit then he's going to go down pretty fast...I wish there was a way to test two groups of players.

Group 1 - deliberately hobble their stats. Same gear but unbalanced so its all DPS for example.

Group 2 - balanced stats etc

Then go for a shoot out, then swap team roles over and go again, see how long it takes to kill each opponent. 

Last edited by a moderator:

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
I don't think the issue is the DZ, I think the issue is that Gear Score doesn't equal level of character. Gear Score seems to be some random number given to a weapon that may or may not be better. I don't know the solution but I don't feel Gear Score is a way to bracket people if GS means so little.

Personally, I love that the DZ is that hell hole for me but it really is just the horror movie monster. Don't fight, just run. One guy? Run. 4 guys, run. It doesn't matter the circumstances... run.

quinch1199

I don't think the issue is the DZ, I think the issue is that Gear Score doesn't equal level of character. Gear Score seems to be some random number given to a weapon that may or may not be better. I don't know the solution but I don't feel Gear Score is a way to bracket people if GS means so little.

Personally, I love that the DZ is that hell hole for me but it really is just the horror movie monster. Don't fight, just run. One guy? Run. 4 guys, run. It doesn't matter the circumstances... run.
Agreed...perhaps a new approach is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.