• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DPS is pissing me off. permanently lost dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Agent

This game is buggy as hell. especially with dps. My dps has been 200k for a good bit now. I was just looking at my other knee pads and compared them to the ones I was using to see if i can reroll it or something. I come out from that menu and my dps has dropped 3k below from what it was. I thought, OK, maybe it's just the dps glitching out like it always does. i scroll through my guns because thats what usually fixes it...nothing. I log out and log back in. nothing. Seriously this games dps calculator is messed up and it's really pissing me off how buggy this game is...

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
Lets try to eliminate a few things here first.

1. Depending on which weapon, your primary or secondary you look into changing something will show you two different values. Most people don't pay attention, but it maybe that you are looking at values for your secondary after changes.

-Say you have a Vector as your primary and it has a DPS value of 200k, and you run Midas as your secondary and it has a DPS value of 160k. If you look to change an item..like knee pads, while clicked on your primary weapon, the value may change on one of the two or perhaps both. But if you look, it may be showing you the values you will lose on your secondary...not your primary.

2. One thing I know this game is good for is allowing us to accidently change items. You go in to view something, and think you backed out without changing, but instead...you ended up changing something...even as small as mod. I'm not saying you were careless,  it's like something I think is completely unintentional and we don't know we are doing. Hell, I've deleted two brand new crafted gloves because the game moved them around when I back out of viewing them.

But I'm 90% sure you're running into issue #1.

C2L3W1

Director Of Chaos
I have this kinda stuff happening to me all the time. I don't trust what my DPS is anymore.... In fact this has began to affect my really life relationship... I have trust issues now
lol the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem! I applaud you, sir. I'm still deeply rooted in denial. But at least I can admit to it.

Legendary Agent

Lets try to eliminate a few things here first.

1. Depending on which weapon, your primary or secondary you look into changing something will show you two different values. Most people don't pay attention, but it maybe that you are looking at values for your secondary after changes.

-Say you have a Vector as your primary and it has a DPS value of 200k, and you run Midas as your secondary and it has a DPS value of 160k. If you look to change an item..like knee pads, while clicked on your primary weapon, the value may change on one of the two or perhaps both. But if you look, it may be showing you the values you will lose on your secondary...not your primary.

2. One thing I know this game is good for is allowing us to accidently change items. You go in to view something, and think you backed out without changing, but instead...you ended up changing something...even as small as mod. I'm not saying you were careless,  it's like something I think is completely unintentional and we don't know we are doing. Hell, I've deleted two brand new crafted gloves because the game moved them around when I back out of viewing them.

But I'm 90% sure you're running into issue #1.
I know it's not number #2 I specifically looked through every single item I had on me to makes sure it wasn't that because I do it all the time on accident lol.

Thanks for the feedback I'll look into your suggestions.

Blazzen67

i have mine all over the place...i will be in the main base and just open my inventory, my primary will say 154K. then i will close it up, not changing anything, not cycling through any item at all. then leave the base and open my inventory and my DPS suddenly changes to 120K for my primary. after doing some missions and head back to my main base, open up my stuff to see what to get rid off, then my primary will say 145K....so basically, in the last week at least, my primary has ranged anywhere from 105K to 154K without doing anything at all LOL

Legendary Agent

i have mine all over the place...i will be in the main base and just open my inventory, my primary will say 154K. then i will close it up, not changing anything, not cycling through any item at all. then leave the base and open my inventory and my DPS suddenly changes to 120K for my primary. after doing some missions and head back to my main base, open up my stuff to see what to get rid off, then my primary will say 145K....so basically, in the last week at least, my primary has ranged anywhere from 105K to 154K without doinghaah anything at all LOL
haha, I know right, I can't even properly compare gear because my dps keeps switching. Lol.

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
i have mine all over the place...i will be in the main base and just open my inventory, my primary will say 154K. then i will close it up, not changing anything, not cycling through any item at all. then leave the base and open my inventory and my DPS suddenly changes to 120K for my primary. after doing some missions and head back to my main base, open up my stuff to see what to get rid off, then my primary will say 145K....so basically, in the last week at least, my primary has ranged anywhere from 105K to 154K without doing anything at all LOL
yes... this ^ 

its getting really annoying :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazzen67

yes... this ^ 

its getting really annoying :p
this is a good one...i thought i would craft level 31 HE mods for my HE black market AK. before i striped the AK of the purple mods, my DPS for it was 155K. i put all HE mods on the gun and each HE mod had better stats than each one they replaced. My DPS dropped to 133K. when you replace level 30 purple Mod's with HE gold level 31 mods with better stats, your DPS shouldn't drop 20K points.

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
this is a good one...i thought i would craft level 31 HE mods for my HE black market AK. before i striped the AK of the purple mods, my DPS for it was 155K. i put all HE mods on the gun and each HE mod had better stats than each one they replaced. My DPS dropped to 133K. when you replace level 30 purple Mod's with HE gold level 31 mods with better stats, your DPS shouldn't drop 20K points.
omg :p they need to fix this... like yesterday :p

dafoo350

so I experienced some buggy DPS last night. I'm on PS4 if that can have anything to do with it. I crafted a HE Vector, added all the existing mods I have to it. It came out to 124k dps. I have a purple classic AK 47 with 145k dps. I didn't switch gears or change any gear mods. Now I go and select my AK, whether it'd be in the primary or secondary slot, my dps would drop to 113k dps for the Vector and 123k dps for the AK. I was tripping out to lose 11k and 22k dps. BUT if I went back and selected the Vector either primary or secondary, the dps would go back to 124k and 145k. Anybody else experience this or can explain what is happening???

Rabbit

This guy is obviously a paid employe of Ubisoft ,im not going to go into the ins and outs of it but the dps calculator is bugged ,every one and his mother knows it I'm having the same problem ,and I'm not an idiot so please a less patronising answer would be very helpful ,thanks.

GrandpaFett

Hey all,

I just experienced this problem for the first time.

I rolled some gear and mods to hit 161K DPS on my primary, 133k on my secondary, and 111k on my sniper in the inventory. 

Once I hit that mark, I did a test run in the shooting range. Then changed my appearance a tad, and logged off (never changed/altered any gear/mod/weapon).

I logged back in an hour ago and am now at 133k DPS primary, 111k secondary and 90k for my sniper rifle. 

The amount of grinding I did just to get this bug really sucks.

YorkshireMyers

Community Agent
Hey all,

I just experienced this problem for the first time.

I rolled some gear and mods to hit 161K DPS on my primary, 133k on my secondary, and 111k on my sniper in the inventory. 

Once I hit that mark, I did a test run in the shooting range. Then changed my appearance a tad, and logged off (never changed/altered any gear/mod/weapon).

I logged back in an hour ago and am now at 133k DPS primary, 111k secondary and 90k for my sniper rifle. 

The amount of grinding I did just to get this bug really sucks.
There seems to be some sort of issue with the DPS at the moment and the only thing that actually alters the guns DPS is the weapon you choose to use 

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
The DPS calcs in game are craptastic to begin with...  average players showing 200k+ dps don't have it, at all. Say your smg shows 200k, in effect, you have to land each bullet from your clip as a headshot from lower than optimal range (which is basically kissing distance, as damage drops off in a matter of a foot or two). Stacking accuracy will "fool" the dps calc as well, as the game uses the stat to determine your headshot % (75 acc to the game means 75% of your shots land on heads).

You'll do far better just pushing each wep into the stats it wants to have...headshot on snipers, crits on smgs, etc, and not worrying about the numbers the game shows, as well as working out a "per mag" damage score instead of per second. My smg pushes 255k dps (as a mean score, averaging between blind fire body/head combos and stunned enemy headshot rampages) in actual use, but by the games calculations, it only has 176k. It pushes it's entire mag in 3.2 seconds (750 rpm with a mag of 40), so again, by the games calculations, it should drop 563200 damage per mag, assuming an average of 20k per shot (low, but it's nice and round and shows the difference quite well, stick with me) ....however, when each lands as a headshot, each mag drops an average of 800k in damage, peaking well over 1 mil with a good crit string.

....it's also only a backup for tight spots, as my AR can do equal damage, but from a block away instead of right next to an enemy, and my sniper can push 200k per shot nearly or at the games maximum distance to land a hit.

Bonus: Do most of your shots land as headshots already? The One is None talent can extended your mag by 35-60%, increasing your dps/per mag dramatically, but the game won't factor it in either for it's own dps calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.