• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Does shooting rioters bother you?

VoodooHack

Community Member
Preface:

1. I like to listen to podcasts.
  2. I also have  general rule that if something of note happens once, it's an anomaly. Twice, it's a coincidence. Three + times, it's a pattern.
Now I've listened to three or more podcasts where people mentioned the idea that rioters are of a lower economic class. Or that we're just shooting people that are merely trying to survive. One podcaster even said that The Division is the most fascist of the Tom Clancy games because of this. Mind you, at least two of these podcasts in question are from major gaming sites(that shall intentionally remain nameless).

Although I have no problem with the character models or the in-game reasons of why I'm doing what I'm doing, I couldn't help but notice that this is apparently significant enough for a mention in a broadcast.

Does this bother anyone else? Is there cause for social justice warriors to get riled up?

VoodooHack

Community Member
Was listening to another podcast and this is the second one that actually goes the racial route, mentioning Agents shooting minorities. Status: coincidence level. One more and it's a pattern. Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazzen67

well, for me personally..this is a video game and has no place in the realm of reality. once you start to take these games on a social level and compare them to real life. then they stop being what they are meant to be.  a hobby that is entertainment only, . . just my opinion :)

Vampiric ODST

Forum Asshole
Not really no and I will tell you why.

As a soldier it is my duty to defend the american public against all enemies. During an event such as what happens in the division, most those who rioters have already become hardened criminals. In the game nearly all I have run into have already killed other people. In a piece of Intel, you can see a group of them chasing after 2 civiliansand beat them to death mercilessly. If you ask me, if rioters ever got to that point,I'd put them all down before they kill another person.

Edit 1: I'm more so talking about the violent types we encounter. Now if a peaceful person was looting, then wouldn't take them out. I'd only kill them if fired on first. However like the ones from the game who shoot first, no questions. Game on you little turd im lighting them up.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
If some mother fk'er starts shooting at me or chasing me with a bat, I'm puttin them down. Nuff said

g1nt3r

Death Otter
With your California legal 10 round magazine and ridiculous release button. :laughing:
I have a 9mm Springfield XD-9 too haha, that one I can release magazines and put in a new one in a split second, also I would only need one bullet unlike in the Division where it takes a 6 magazines

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
I have a 9mm Springfield XD-9 too haha, that one I can release magazines and put in a new one in a split second, also I would only need one bullet unlike in the Division where it takes a 6 magazines
Unless they're super human rioters. Then you have a problem.

VoodooHack

Community Member
Just heard yet another podcast with media veterans that has a problem with shooting looters.

Point of clarification.

There are situations where rioters are clearly holding up a citizen or JTF. To me, ROE is clear. I would put them down to protect the ones being held up.  In my opinion, that's the point of being a SHD agent.

However, the podcaster in question specifically used the term "looter" when we all know they're generally called "rioter". I think the scenario hes referring to is when one or two rioters are checking an unconscious/dead person. They haven't attacked you yet. They may not even see you. What would you do? Do you automatically go for the headshot or just leave them alone until they become aggressive with you?

(PS - this is the scenario that Vampiric ODST called out his post in this thread. I found it eerily coincidental that a podcast mentioned it also.)

VoodooHack

Community Member
This is has become a definite pattern. This time, another major podcast with industry veterans, going all social justice warrior and claiming that the depiction of bad guys is both sexist and racist.

The podcaster incorrectly asserts that the only female in the game is the lead of the Rikers, a black woman that's a baddie. Never mind Faye Lau, Jessica Kandel, the female vendors at the BOO and safe houses, female JTF soldiers, not to mention the female citizens. Note the different racial depictions. Black, white, Asian, Latina. Jessica's even mentions that she had a wife.

At this point, calling out these false claims seems almost pointless without naming the podcast and the person making the claim. I don't know if I should break decorum here and just start naming names.

Either way, it's become a little frustrating that some people are so determined to find some kind of racial/gender inequality that they ignore examples the prove the contrary to their statements. We're all adults here. They should know better.

g1nt3r

Death Otter
This is has become a definite pattern. This time, another major podcast with industry veterans, going all social justice warrior and claiming that the depiction of bad guys is both sexist and racist.

The podcaster incorrectly asserts that the only female in the game is the lead of the Rikers, a black woman that's a baddie. Never mind Faye Lau, Jessica Kandel, the female vendors at the BOO and safe houses, female JTF soldiers, not to mention the female citizens. Note the different racial depictions. Black, white, Asian, Latina. Jessica's even mentions that she had a wife.

At this point, calling out these false claims seems almost pointless without naming the podcast and the person making the claim. I don't know if I should break decorum here and just start naming names.

Either way, it's become a little frustrating that some people are so determined to find some kind of racial/gender inequality that they ignore examples the prove the contrary to their statements. We're all adults here. They should know better.
Ugh Social Justice Warriors... I'm curious who this podcaster is, Anita Sarkeesian or something.

MadeOfMetal

Community Veteran
yes its unconstitutional, obviously there is a right time and place for violence to subdue the warrented, but thats where the grey ling is drawn, when is it ok and who desides? 

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
If they wanna riot, more power to them. If they wanna riot in a way that threatens me, my family, or my friends, they won't be doing that long, or anything else for that matter.

Same goes for in-game rioters.

Advertisements