• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Dark Zone is too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codename Quincy

Community Agent
it's such a huge part of the map, and it only panders to gankers.  everything about it, is in favor of gankers.  gank a person, wait a minute, and walk up to another unsuspecting person, and shoot them in the back.  run between someone's weapon and their target, so they get the rogue flag and you have less to lose.  the whole thing is shit soup.  i've never been a ganker in any game, and i don't make friends with ppl that are.  i don't know what could be fun about shooting someone in the back and i've never tried to get inside the head of someone that enjoys that, but i'm guessing they would be the 'rioters' if this game became reality.

yeah so there's nothing left for me to do in this game except dailies on my 2 lvl 30s.  really should have made the gank zone smaller, so more ppl would have more things to do in the game. 

sno pro23

Community Agent
I don't gank either, but they really do make extracting that HE piece of loot a heart pumping thrill ride. You could always become a ganker hunter, it's a thrill all on it's own as well.

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
i really don't think the size of the DZ will do anything with dem gankers :p trolls and assholes will always be what they are, no matter what :(

But as for the DZ being to big, no, but it might seem big, due to the player cap at 24 per instance, so imo they could up the player cap to 48, to make it more crowded. 

Blazzen67

i really don't think the size of the DZ will do anything with dem gankers :p trolls and assholes will always be what they are, no matter what :(

But as for the DZ being to big, no, but it might seem big, due to the player cap at 24 per instance, so imo they could up the player cap to 48, to make it more crowded. 
yeah, they could do that. but its hard as it is now not finding chests that havent been open, division tech that hasnt been grabbed, bosses that havent been killed. just imagine what will happen if 48 players where in the zone, no one will get anything ever in the DZ lol

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
yeah, they could do that. but its hard as it is now not finding chests that havent been open, division tech that hasnt been grabbed, bosses that havent been killed. just imagine what will happen if 48 players where in the zone, no one will get anything ever in the DZ lol
lol, yeah, i get that, but they would ofc compensate in a way :p and the DZ might grow further with DLCs etc, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

Blazzen67

lol, yeah, i get that, but they would ofc compensate in a way :p and the DZ might grow further with DLCs etc, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see :)
if it grows, which most likely it will at some point, then i agree adding more players will be needed. If the DZ grows to the entire length of new york then 24 players would be way to small a number to have.

f3nn3x_nor

Community Member
if it grows, which most likely it will at some point, then i agree adding more players will be needed. If the DZ grows to the entire length of new york then 24 players would be way to small a number to have.
yup, and I really believe it will grow with time, as more DLCs etc will be released. They repeatedly say that this is a long term game, and the potential is huge for expanding the map and gameplay area. 

Blazzen67

yup, and I really believe it will grow with time, as more DLCs etc will be released. They repeatedly say that this is a long term game, and the potential is huge for expanding the map and gameplay area. 
unless of course they decide to change city's with the division 2 ....but dont see that happening with so much left of new york cover

DarkWinterAgent

As of now, only the strong survive.

I believe it's big enough, they just need to implicate game modes for the people who just don't want to run around and gank or be ganked anymore. Such as your classic TDM, CTF, or another completely new game mode in its own. Something only PvP for quick action & fun, no grinding or drops. And I'm not saying make it a COD MW2 3rd person remake. 

Don't get it twisted, the DZ is fun. Trying to get a high end drop and getting it extracted, or just pulling a fast one and robbing a solo agent blind, literally. Incursions, survival, underground, and DZ activities coming is a great plan. We just get a little worn out on hitting every landmark in the DZ, and if they want this game to grow and last, I strongly encourage the developers to put a PvP mode out now so it doesn't lose players over boredom and repetition.

It will allow the game to grow, or at the very least stay steady as the developers create new content. A basic PvP mode, where stats, weapons and gear apply to each players performance.(lobby rank system to even out the battles) To obtain the good weapons, gear, and stats you need to grind away at daily missions, and (you guessed it) the Dark Zone!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazzen67

As of now, only the strong survive.

I believe it's big enough, they just need to implicate game modes for the people who just don't want to run around and gank or be ganked anymore. Such as your classic TDM, CTF, or another completely new game mode in its own. Something only PvP for quick action & fun, no grinding or drops. And I'm not saying make it a COD MW2 3rd person remake. 

Don't get it twisted, the DZ is fun. Trying to get a high end drop and getting it extracted, or just pulling a fast one and robbing a solo agent blind, literally. Incursions, survival, underground, and DZ activities coming is a great plan. We just get a little worn out on hitting every landmark in the DZ, and if they want this game to grow and last, I strongly encourage the developers to put a PvP mode out now so it doesn't lose players over boredom and repetition.

It will allow the game to grow, or at the very least stay steady as the developers create new content. A basic PvP mode, where stats, weapons and gear apply to each players performance. To obtain the good weapons, gear, and stats you need to grind away at daily missions, and (you guessed it) the Dark Zone!!! 
this game isn't going to have TDM or CTF. those are arena type events with small maps. where you pick your teams and close off the map..this is consistent playing world where anyone can enter and leave at any time. i can see it now, 4 vs 4 going at it in TDM and 3 more teams of 4 show up and kill both teams. it just wouldn't work. they would have to come up with something totally original for the type of open world PvP this is. i really don't see them having a dedicated, closed off PvP for this game, thats not what they wanted to do when they made this game. if they wanted to do that, they would of had that from the beginning. and im very glad they didn't do it..there are WAY too many games like that out there right now.  if people want a TDM or CTF, then they should go to one of the millions of games out there that have those.  just my opinion :)

I think the "supply drops' idea will make the DZ a lot more interesting. The entire zone will know a supply drop is coming and its winner takes all for that supply drop...you will have player vs player vs NPC for that loot. plus they are doing other things for the DZ as well. the game isnt even a month old yet, give it time..it will be a lot better. I like what they have planned so far

Bo3sman

Community Member
What puzzle me is where are the other players in the DZ. For a couple of nights me and 3 friends were the only people in the DZ. Perhaps it was an empty server or something. Then last night we crossed 2 other players, the first in hours. So me and my friends debate about going rogue for a change all the while stalking these 2 unsuspecting folks. We argued some more as apparently we are as moral in the game as in real life, until 1 bullet was fired. Nobody knows who fired the first shot but it was raining lead after that. The adrenaline kicked in and we were giving each other a virtual high five. And as we rounded the next corner 9 people started shooting at us. Where the f$%^k did they come from?? Not one player for hours but go rogue and the map is flooded. Damn I love this game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazzen67

i have seen a trend recently, there are a lot more rogue hunters than people going rogue. like what you ran into last night Bo3sman lol. just wait till the 12th when "supply drops" gets put in the game. I really think there will be some good PvPvNPC firefights when those drop in the zone. there can be only one who claims the prize muhahahaha lol

Codename Quincy

Community Agent
I don't gank either, but they really do make extracting that HE piece of loot a heart pumping thrill ride. You could always become a ganker hunter, it's a thrill all on it's own as well.
unless someone creates an online database with the names of all the gankers, you can't really hunt gankers.  they encourage so much chicken shit behavior in dz it's almost funny.  you get a rogue flag for like 30 seconds if you gank someone. 

Codename Quincy

Community Agent

i'm saying that's a large part of the map that a lot of ppl are just going to avoid.  they should have made it smaller, and used the extra space for something everyone could do.  or at least sectioned it off and had an area with decent ROE.  the current ROE caters to chicken shits and gankers, and if it was my game, i would make the dz the size of a phone booth and pass out rusty knives at the door. 

Phamdohbreh

Community Member
i'm saying that's a large part of the map that a lot of ppl are just going to avoid.  they should have made it smaller, and used the extra space for something everyone could do.  or at least sectioned it off and had an area with decent ROE.  the current ROE caters to chicken shits and gankers, and if it was my game, i would make the dz the size of a phone booth and pass out rusty knives at the door. 
The DZ is 1/3 of the map. you have a whole other 2/3s to play with. DZ is designed this way for a reason. Its a place for the ruthless and fearless to test their might against live players all while competing for resources. If you don't like it, you can leave.  Just stop your crying.

Codename Quincy

Community Agent
The DZ is 1/3 of the map. you have a whole other 2/3s to play with. DZ is designed this way for a reason. Its a place for the ruthless and fearless to test their might against live players all while competing for resources. If you don't like it, you can leave.  Just stop your crying.
yeah, 1/3 is a lot.  see, this is why i rarely pvp anymore, and this isn't even pvp, it's mug ppl or walk around with a sign on your back that says 'mug me'.  you get the e-tough guys talking about 'their might' and how 'ruthless and fearless' they are.  it's really pathetic.  i suppose lulling someone into thinking you aren't going to shoot them, then shooting them in the back is ruthless, but the rest of that is garbage.  and e-thugs are so predictable.  same ol' e-thug phrases; 'l2p' 'get good' 'stop crying' and usually an 'lol' somewhere in there. 

Phamdohbreh

Community Member
yeah, 1/3 is a lot.  see, this is why i rarely pvp anymore, and this isn't even pvp, it's mug ppl or walk around with a sign on your back that says 'mug me'.  you get the e-tough guys talking about 'their might' and how 'ruthless and fearless' they are.  it's really pathetic.  i suppose lulling someone into thinking you aren't going to shoot them, then shooting them in the back is ruthless, but the rest of that is garbage.  and e-thugs are so predictable.  same ol' e-thug phrases; 'l2p' 'get good' 'stop crying' and usually an 'lol' somewhere in there. 
Yeah, sorry the DZ isn't full of rainbows and snowflakes. Pretty sure the wii is releasing a new Elmo & friends game though. May want to give that a shot. Good luck!

Codename Quincy

Community Agent
Yeah, sorry the DZ isn't full of rainbows and snowflakes. Pretty sure the wii is releasing a new Elmo & friends game though. May want to give that a shot. Good luck!
yeah if i would have made a more comprehensive list of the type of things e-thugs say, that would have been in the top 10.  it's usually a hello kitty remark, so you are hereby awarded a shiny point for originality on the e-thug scale.  grats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements