• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Assault vs SMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

genedjr

Community Elite
My basic loadout is a sniper, assault/smg, hard hitting pistol.

But the question remains, is armor damage or critical chance better?  I tried using an assault on one Lt then the SMG on another and both seemed to work OK.

Thoughts?

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Here's a thought, try working with both.  Use an AR from range to shred the armor using the bonus to energy armor damage from your AR.  Once the armor is down, close and switch to your SMG and then start criting and using the bonus crit hit damage from your SMG.  It also helps to have some mods on your SMG to increase crit hit chance and/or use a beefed up pulse skill to make crits more frequent.  

If you do feel like trying the above out, try picking up at least 3 pieces of Predator's Mark - you'll get +10% reload speed (2pcs) and +8% damage for ARs & SMGs (3pcs).  

genedjr

Community Elite
Thanks - I have not tried that build out but I have 5 pieces of Predator's Mark - so it will be am easy test.

Right now my solo toon is using 3 Hunter's Faith, 2 Predators Mark, and a healing high end - as I am sniper happy and take a lot of hits :8_laughing: .

I will give it a go.

...gene

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Here's a thought, try working with both.  Use an AR from range to shred the armor using the bonus to energy armor damage from your AR.  Once the armor is down, close and switch to your SMG and then start criting and using the bonus crit hit damage from your SMG.  It also helps to have some mods on your SMG to increase crit hit chance and/or use a beefed up pulse skill to make crits more frequent.  

If you do feel like trying the above out, try picking up at least 3 pieces of Predator's Mark - you'll get +10% reload speed (2pcs) and +8% damage for ARs & SMGs (3pcs).  
Yes, this ^.  :1_grinning:

genedjr

Community Elite
OK done a little experimenting and I like having the AR/SMG combo.  Especially with D3-FNC.

I also do a 4 piece Predators Mark and 2 piece Sentry's call.  The 30% accuracy boost makes long/med shots under full auto a straight line elevation.  Start at the feet and by the time you reach chest - target dead.  By staying on target Predator's Mark is very useful especially for named MOBs.

Fun Stuff - 

I still carry sniper and shotgun, but use them in special circumstances.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Start at the feet and by the time you reach chest - target dead.
This is a good thought process, but you can kill people faster starting center mass and walking it up to the head.  

By staying on target Predator's Mark is very useful especially for named MOBs.
While Shrapnel isn't working correctly yet, it does work sometimes and should be fixed with 1.6.1.  I run it on my PM build and I would suggest it with a PM build.  Get used to it being OK now and OP once 1.6.1 drops.  In case you don't remember what Shrapnel does:

Applying Bleed to any target triggers a 30% chance to apply effect to all targets within 10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements