• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Am I missing something about Underground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
So I was on vacation when it dropped and when I put in time yesterday, I was going off 4 hours sleep following 8 hours driving... but it, overall, seems repetitive. Here are my thoughts so please let me know what I am missing that makes it more.

Hard (160) and Challenging (200) seems like a big gap. I can do Challenging missions but I have yet to do one in Underground. Came close but ran out of ammo towards the end and group died then disbanded. That said, I was running into people that choose not to do Challenging because why waste the Intel just for a high percentage of getting the same thing. Completing missions with phases active results in a higher percentage than possibly finishing a Challenging or not. Is this right?

I am only level 10, but is that all I do with Underground... And I don't mean this as a negative, just am I missing something? Go to terminal and match make, join a group and play whatever they are doing? And if I am the leader, then go back to terminal and create the mission but with phases and modifiers? Then run it, look for Intel and box, and defeat boss then repeat? No overall missions, just the random generator? That has been the entirety of my 1.3 experience so if there is something I am not doing, what is it?

The weapon drops are nice but I don't know... being the first "big" update, it felt a little "the same". I was stoked when 1.2 dropped but this one was... ok. As far as I have seen and played, I got a TOC that has the same vendors as my BOO and then a random generator.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain
Underground missions, I believe, are meant to be a higher difficulty level than regular missions anyway (hence the introduction of an even harder difficulty level). However they are far more flexible with regards small details that can enhance the experience and increase the difficulties subtly such as removing mini-maps, doubling skill cooldowns etc.

As a level 10 you won’t have access to all the aspects that you can modify … which is why you might feel you’re missing something.

You can even tailor the mission to give you gear instead of weapons for example.

Randomly joining groups is never the way to get the best out of a game, see it as a way to get to know players. Also make sure you have mic comms as that means you can perhaps ask the group to try a mission a specific way. Especially if the leader is higher UG level than you and has more options to choose from.

Each time you level up in UG level you get a Cashe directly into your inventory. This usually contains an item FAR better than gained by any of the drops for the mission or the end of level container… this is the reward based on the settings put on the mission.

Often the missions DO have a narrative…you have to listen to the voice over though at the start. So far I’ve had anything from a normal search & destroy style mission through to destroying weapon cashe’s and through to hostage rescue.

BuLLeTSpOnGe

Community Member
and just a fyi, don't level up with a full inventory, otherwise you will not receive your bonus cache.  Also, make sure you have your highest gear score up when you open, as it seems rewards are based off of that.

Had to find out the hard way about the full inventory....

KidGreengene

Community Veteran
I feel I had one, at the end of my last one, where I was full and at the end, there was a green and cache drop because I was full. I had to delete to grab what fell on the floor. Either that or the boss happened to drop a cache the same game I hit level 10.

quinch1199

I feel I had one, at the end of my last one, where I was full and at the end, there was a green and cache drop because I was full. I had to delete to grab what fell on the floor. Either that or the boss happened to drop a cache the same game I hit level 10.
No, you don't see the Cache drop (though if you have full inventory it might show up). It does appear as a notification (bottom left of the screen) "KidGreen has received CACHE" but its in your inventory ... it automatically goes into your pouches (Overview screen, bottom middle part, image is a triple magazine pouch). 

You have to Open it (its a mystery gift!) > Press F.

You might have a couple by now! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

quinch1199

My Xbox controller doesn't have an F button... what do I do now?? :)
Look at the picture attached. Middle column under Toughness...it goes Armour vest, Mask, kneepads and then pouches below that (in white). 

Open that. Caches are stored and automatically added there each time you level up in Underground level.

If you highlight it the game will show at the bottom what key to press to open it. 

Current Build.jpg

Blazzen67

you only get a cache box when you reach a new underground level. its automatic and not a drop. over all i like it. i went from gear score 205 to gear score 241 in the first 13 levels.  so glad i got new weapons..been using my gear score 182 black market AK forever and a day :). also dont forget that underground also has a new incursion. it might be repetitive to a point but i find it fun, but maybe that is just me. 

quinch1199

you only get a cache box when you reach a new underground level. its automatic and not a drop. over all i like it. i went from gear score 205 to gear score 241 in the first 13 levels.  so glad i got new weapons..been using my gear score 182 black market AK forever and a day :). also dont forget that underground also has a new incursion. it might be repetitive to a point but i find it fun, but maybe that is just me. 
New Incursion ... boy I HATE FIRE!!! 

And who gave them Goliaths from Company of Heroes?!?

quinch1199

The remote controlled vehicles will be the death of me ... they are basically a one shot kill on challenge mode.
I've not got past them yet! You absolutely HAVE to have someone on Goliath watch and hope the other three Agents can kill the enemy fast enough to stop the 1) Molotov cocktails and 2) so you don't get physically overrun from every direction.

...time to search for tactics videos. I'm not convinced my crew has the best one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.